FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

I am in bridged mode using the CGN3ACSMR modem running the trial .21 firmware connected to an Asus router running Google dns. Under system information on my modem my wan ip addresses are listed as none, none.  I pass all ipv6 tests and have performed a factory reset.  My location is Scarborough.  Should those fields be populated in bridged mode instead of showing none, none?  Any help would be appreciated. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

No, as far as I know those fields are always none, none in bridge mode.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Got the .21 update shortly after messaging Community helps (DM). I had done a factory reset prior to recieving update (for same measure) so everything after the update seems fine. its day 2 and LAN issue is looking good. Will report end of week. Also im kind of scared to perform another factory reset as someone reported it has issues re acquring an IP (during initial setup). However, i need to know what are the benefits of factory resetting after recieving .21 update?

Thanks guys!

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Firmware upgraded successfully yesterday. Running bridged to a Netgear R7000. I haven't had to perform a reset on either device, and the LAN port has not caused any problems. From what I can tell based on the CMTS-MAC, I am hooked up to a Cisco CMTS.

So far so good. Thanks for the chance to update! I'm hoping this will mitigate the likelihood of the LAN ports dropping.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket WiFi Modem Firmware Trial

Blue vs Green COMPUTER icon on the front of CGN3ACSMR is it not supposed to be blue instead of green?  Has this been fixed yet in any firmware?  Am I wrong in thinking the symbol is supposed to be blue if connected via gigabit?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yup, you're correct.  According to the CGNV4 draft manual, which should be very close to the CNGM, the front led should be blinking blue when the modem is connected to a 1000 Mb/s device and is transmitting or receiving data. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Anyone seeing any speed improvements with latest FW ?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I noticed when modem is in Gateway mode my VOIP works fine but no IPV6.

When I switch to Bridge mode with Asus 68u router my VOIP stops working even though I tried disabling sip passthrough in Asus router but no go, but IPV6 works in Bridge mode once I enabled in Asus router.

Needed fix for IPV6 and VOIP working in Bridge Mode, I have also tried to reset modem when firmware was pushed, is there a way to enable IPv6 when modem is in Gateway mode?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

All seems to be working now, disconnected all devices from power for 2 min. Asus 68u Router, Modem in Bridge Mode with IPV6 and VOIP all working.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

A further update of interest

Since this latest firmware upgrade to version 4.5.8.21 my issue with my iPhone6 and L2TP over IPsec utilizing CELL only connectivity has gone away .... I can randomly connect at all times. This for me is a very pleasant surprise !!!

I initially had believed that my EdgeRouter Lite Firmware version was at fault since my iPhone 6 VPN was not having any issue with WiFi connectivity plus some other unique characteristics attributed to the ERL3 --- however with 4.5.8.21 my Cell VPN now is very solid. I am suprised that the HITRON in BRIDGE mode is so impacted ...

Bridge mode should be a TRUE bridge not a pseudo bridge.

David Mozer
IT-Expert on Call