Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

We are currently offering our users an exclusive opportunity to participate in an upcoming trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACR, CGN3AMR and CGN3ACSMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). For details of this program, please see this thread.

This thread will be used for feedback regarding the firmware.  We've invited @RogersSergio@RogersSyd & @RogersBob from our Networking team to participate in this thread.  Your feedback is very valuable and will be used to enhance the firmware before it is released publicly.

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

4,921 REPLIES 4,921

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

VivienM
I'm an advisor

I don't know if this (relatively minor) issue is new or not, but it struck me when I logged in to see if my modem was on .22 (it is). 

On my bridged modem, there is a section on the post-login screen that says:

Private LAN IP Address

192.168.0.1/24 

That shouldn't be there in a bridged modem...

Triple_Helix
I plan to stick around

With this new Firmware 4.5.8.22 for CGN3ACSMR do we need to do another factory reset?

Thanks,

Daniel 

It's still a pain to sign in get lithium to fix it please. http://www.lithium.com/

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

Still Stuck on .21 , not yet on .22 

Triple_Helix
I plan to stick around

@Triple_Helix wrote:

With this new Firmware 4.5.8.22 for CGN3ACSMR do we need to do another factory reset?

Thanks,

Daniel 

It's still a pain to sign in get lithium to fix it please. http://www.lithium.com/

@RogersDave@ the @ works at least and I replied as I couldn't edit my last post must be a certain time limit.

azncapcom
I'm here a lot

I signed up for the trial 6 days ago... I still have not received the firmware even though the PM said 48-72 hours...

I am still on .20 firmware... what is going on?

Hello, @azncapcom

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for posting your query in the Community. Usually, after we receive all the necessary information the firmware is deployed within the mentioned 72 hours. I'll follow up with the deployment team, let us know once you received the update and we appreciate your feedback, thank you.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Looks like they just pushed the firmware. Thanks for advising the deployment team. Also thanks to CommunityHelps as I also sent PM and got a response right away.

Only wish there was a time frame heads up. Was in the middle of doing something that was time sensitive, and i lost connection.

Triple_Helix
I plan to stick around

Again do we need to do a Factory reset with every Firmware upgrade?

Please and thank you!

Daniel

correct me if I am wrong, but what would a factory reset accomplish? The updated firmware would be running as soon as its updated and rebooted.

cd77
I've been around

Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Triple_Helix
I plan to stick around

@azncapcom wrote:

correct me if I am wrong, but what would a factory reset accomplish? The updated firmware would be running as soon as its updated and rebooted.

See here for when .21 came out: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/331...

Additional notes

• To manually enable IPv6 in this firmware, it is still required to perform a one-time factory reset from the GUI. This firmware gives us the ability to remotely enable IPv6 through configuration however it won't be done until this firmware is publically released.

@Triple_Helix wrote:

@azncapcom wrote:

See here for when .21 came out: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/331...

Additional notes

• To manually enable IPv6 in this firmware, it is still required to perform a one-time factory reset from the GUI. This firmware gives us the ability to remotely enable IPv6 through configuration however it won't be done until this firmware is publically released.

I'm sorry @Triple_Helix it has been a busy week....

As far as I'm aware, there is no need for a factory reset. The factory reset was required once between version 4.5.8.16 and a subsequent version to enable IPv6 functionality. This is to override a hard coded configuration in the modem that previously disabled IPv6.

Once this has been done, there is no need to further perform a factory reset.

If you are experiencing issues without a reset, let us know so that we can troubleshoot.

Triple_Helix
I plan to stick around

@RogersDave wrote:

@Triple_Helix wrote:

@azncapcom wrote:

Additional notes

I'm sorry @Triple_Helix it has been a busy week....

As far as I'm aware, there is no need for a factory reset. The factory reset was required once between version 4.5.8.16 and a subsequent version to enable IPv6 functionality. This is to override a hard coded configuration in the modem that previously disabled IPv6.

Once this has been done, there is no need to further perform a factory reset.

If you are experiencing issues without a reset, let us know so that we can troubleshoot.

Thanks @RogersDave

Cheers,

Daniel Smiley Wink

Still running 4.5.8.21 on my CGNM-3552.  Just an observation but the Wan Uptime on the STATUS page appears to be showing 0's which is a little odd.  If I refresh the page after letting it sit, its still shows all 0's.  The LAN Uptime will update as expected but the WAN Uptime appears to be non-functional at this point.

WAN Up Time 000 days 00h:00m:00s

@Datalink wrote:

Still running 4.5.8.21 on my CGNM-3552.  Just an observation but the Wan Uptime on the STATUS page appears to be showing 0's which is a little odd.  If I refresh the page after letting it sit, its still shows all 0's.  The LAN Uptime will update as expected but the WAN Uptime appears to be non-functional at this point.

WAN Up Time 000 days 00h:00m:00s

Is that in bridge mode? I would expect to see this value in bridge mode because the WAN interface (which is in technical terms the CPE interface) is not actually on your modem but on your 3rd party router. From the gateway point of vue, there is no WAN interface available.

The LAN interface is up at the address http://192.168.100.1.

liviuvr
I've been here awhile

My community user name is liviuvr. due to a problem I have been having lately with my Chromecast devise, I was directedc by their support group to get on the beta trial for the new firmware upgrade of my modem. What is the best way to get on it?

@RogersMargaret wrote:

Hello Community,

We are currently offering our users an exclusive opportunity to participate in an upcoming trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACSMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552). For details of this program, please see this thread.

@This thread will be used for feedback regarding the firmware.  We've invited @RogersDave, Network Architect to participate in this thread.  Your feedback is very valuable and will be used to enhance the firmware before it is released publicly.

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

Take a look at the first post in this thread:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/thread-id/3315...

Then, send a private message to @CommunityHelps as indicated in the post.  Use that link to navigate to the Communityhelps public page when you are logged into the forum.  On the right hand side is another link to "Send this user a private message"  Follow that link to the message composition page.  Fill in the title and add the appropriate text in the text area and hit send.  Its already addressed.  One of the mods will get back to you via pm.  Watch for your user icon in the upper right hand corner to show an overlaid number.  That number will indicate a waiting pm, or a mention in post.  Click on the icon to bring up the next panel, and follow the mail link to the message inbox.  

liviuvr
I've been here awhile

Thanks I did. How long before I receive the info?

@Datalink wrote:

Take a look at the first post in this thread:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/thread-id/3315...

Then, send a private message to @CommunityHelps as indicated in the post.  Use that link to navigate to the Communityhelps public page when you are logged into the forum.  On the right hand side is another link to "Send this user a private message"  Follow that link to the message composition page.  Fill in the title and add the appropriate text in the text area and hit send.  Its already addressed.  One of the mods will get back to you via pm.  Watch for your user icon in the upper right hand corner to show an overlaid number.  That number will indicate a waiting pm, or a mention in post.  Click on the icon to bring up the next panel, and follow the mail link to the message inbox.  

rooker
I've been here awhile

I am getting an issue where the speed will be reduced to 300 mbps on my Archer C7 v2 and requires a reboot of the router to get the speed back.  Has anyone else ran into this on previous versions? 

I am running the latest firmware on my Archer C7 v2,  Might downgrade firmware to stock to see if the new firmware is causing it.

NorthGraves
I plan to stick around

Curious - did .22 firmware was found unstable or something?

Was running .22 for a few days, and now the modem is back to 4.5.8.21.

Based on LAN Up Time    002 days 11h:04m:01s, 4.5.8.21 was pushed around Thursday midnight.

There might be two issues at work here.  If you have a CGN3ACSMR or CGNM-3552, I believe that firmware Version 4.5.8.21 is now being distributed to those modems.  If you log into the modem, you can see which verion is currenly loaded.  It will be found on the Status page that comes up after logging into the modem, under "Software Version".

And then there is the Archer C7 update.  I would return to the previous Archer C7 firmware if possible to test the speed reduction problem.  Is that seen via ethernet or wifi?