FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

I tested it shortly after I received the update. I also, rebooted the router. Before the update, I was getting 200 Mbps + over WiFi using Nexus 6P. After the update, I was getting around 50 Mbps. I also tested using my iMac, and also was getting around that speed. I ended up just putting the modem into bridge mode.
I Plan to Stick Around

I ran some speed tests on the weekend and was getting massive buffer bloat and really low speeds reported around 250 mbps average, normally it was around 850-900+. I rebooted the modem and the buffer bloat went down back to normal decently low levels and download speeds seemed to be more normal 700+.

Not sure if there is still something wrong with extended run time? The modem was running for 7 days before the reboot.

I'm connected with rfog so signal levels should be no issue.

I Plan to Stick Around

T6 seems to have made everything slower. T5 was better, I think.

Question - how does one update the time on a modem if in bridge mode? It's off by 5 hours and no option to change it.

I Plan to Stick Around

ive been using T11 on the coda for a couple of weeks now. no major issues so far. good to see that its being promoted from beta to stable soon.

I Plan to Stick Around

I've also been on 33T11 since late last week with only one WiFi dropout the morning the new firmware was installed. Been smooth sailing since; WAN up-time says 5D:01H:07M so here's hoping it continues. Seems much better than my old CGN3 which I always had to use bridged to my own router.

One thing I did notice is the the firewall settings for 33T11 are pretty sparse compared to 28T2. Should we be concerned?

I Plan to Stick Around

Question - how does one update the time on a modem if in bridge mode? It's off by 5 hours and no option to change it.

I Plan to Stick Around

I don’t think in bridge mode it is possible to change it. It’s left in UTC because they have different service areas were different time songs I imagine and it’s just easier to leave it at UTC so there’s no time confusion.
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm on 4.5.8.38T5 on my CGN3ACSMR modem and everything seems to be going well except for one thing that as been bugging me for a while with some of my android devices not seeing my 5G at times or showing it as not in range even if I'm next to the modem.  I changed settings for the Wireless Channel from Auto to 149-153-157-161 the only one showing my 5G connection but it will not keep its connection. It's been happening for a few firmware updates back so I don't know if it happened to anyone else or if it's my 5G Wifi  going bad. 

Regards,

aube

I Plan to Stick Around

I've been on CODA 34T6 since it released and every few days I need to reset the modem due to WiFi issues or, like what just happened 20 minutes ago, certain sites/services (Discord, Skype and YouTube) signed me out and stopped working on my LAN-connected laptop and PS4. I checked my phone and although the signal was up, nothing loaded.

Before resetting the modem I ran a Windows cmd ping test and was receiving around 10-15ms ping (what I normally get), and after resetting I'm currently getting 30-50ms. This happened the other day and I reset again and it went back to the normal 10-15ms. Not sure what's causing that.

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm on CODA 34T6 probably 8 days straight solid on, no reboots and no issues with WiFi or websites.