FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

nm, i didnt read the page correctly...

I Plan to Stick Around

So yesterday around 11am I swapped my CGN3AMR for a CODA4582 w/ 2 black dots at the local Rogers store 20 minutes away... was told to just plug it in and away I go. Well, I haven't been able to get it online since then. Apparently after calling in to tech support it seems I picked a day when the auto-provisioning servers/service was down at Rogers end (yay for me). Was told at 12-noon yesterday that I would be "manually provisioned" in about 2-3 hours... called back in at 5pm when it still wasn't up and apparently they were no where near getting it back up at that time... woke up this morning and it is still down... yay...

Once this all gets fixed (better be today!) I'm really hoping that I can finally get my Cisco RV220w IPSEC VPN appliance that sites behind the Hitron to work while the CODA is in gateway mode...  with the CGN3AMR in Bridge mode the IPSEC site-to-site tunnel from the Cisco to a Palo Alto at my work connects just fine (with an old Linksys E3000 as the router), but since going to Gateway mode on the trial CGN3AMR firmware (to fix VoIP issues) it did not work any longer (the E3000 did not have enough horespower to get above 180-190mbit on my 250mbit Rogers connection)... hoping the CODA4582 with non-trial firmware works (assuming no ipv6 on non-trial firmware still?)... or if necessary I'll go to the trial firmware w/ the ipv6 firewall capability if IPsec site-to-site works. As a last resort I have a Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Lite on order that I am hoping to use as a router AND VPN appliance instead of these Hitrons... hopefully after that everything works fine (VoIP, ipsec site-to-site vpn while the CODA isin bridge mode).. fun times Smiley Happy Oh well, at least my cabling issues seem resolved as a result of all of this these past 6 or so months.

I Plan to Stick Around

@trafsta you should call in to tech again and ask to speak to tier 2 and make sure they have the same serial number you have for the modem.
I Plan to Stick Around

@trafsta wrote:

So yesterday around 11am I swapped my CGN3AMR for a CODA4582 w/ 2 black dots at the local Rogers store 20 minutes away... was told to just plug it in and away I go. Well, I haven't been able to get it online since then. Apparently after calling in to tech support it seems I picked a day when the auto-provisioning servers/service was down at Rogers end (yay for me). Was told at 12-noon yesterday that I would be "manually provisioned" in about 2-3 hours... called back in at 5pm when it still wasn't up and apparently they were no where near getting it back up at that time... woke up this morning and it is still down... yay...

Once this all gets fixed (better be today!) I'm really hoping that I can finally get my Cisco RV220w IPSEC VPN appliance that sites behind the Hitron to work while the CODA is in gateway mode...  with the CGN3AMR in Bridge mode the IPSEC site-to-site tunnel from the Cisco to a Palo Alto at my work connects just fine (with an old Linksys E3000 as the router), but since going to Gateway mode on the trial CGN3AMR firmware (to fix VoIP issues) it did not work any longer (the E3000 did not have enough horespower to get above 180-190mbit on my 250mbit Rogers connection)... hoping the CODA4582 with non-trial firmware works (assuming no ipv6 on non-trial firmware still?)... or if necessary I'll go to the trial firmware w/ the ipv6 firewall capability if IPsec site-to-site works. As a last resort I have a Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Lite on order that I am hoping to use as a router AND VPN appliance instead of these Hitrons... hopefully after that everything works fine (VoIP, ipsec site-to-site vpn while the CODA isin bridge mode).. fun times Smiley Happy Oh well, at least my cabling issues seem resolved as a result of all of this these past 6 or so months.

I am using the EdgeRouter X in bridge mode. Running .24 and a coda 4582 single black dot. Runs very well on my ignite250 getting close to 250 down and 20MB up on a pretty consistent basis. No Voip Issues and I am VPN to a Juniper concentrator. I also use a Ubiquti AP-LR.

I Plan to Stick Around

@joker2168 wrote:

@trafsta wrote:

So yesterday around 11am I swapped my CGN3AMR for a CODA4582 w/ 2 black dots at the local Rogers store 20 minutes away...

I am using the EdgeRouter X in bridge mode. Running .24 and a coda 4582 single black dot. Runs very well on my ignite250 getting close to 250 down and 20MB up on a pretty consistent basis. No Voip Issues and I am VPN to a Juniper concentrator. I also use a Ubiquti AP-LR.

@joker2168@trafsta, When you bridge the ER-X or ERL -- bridging is done in software so that KILLS any speed advantage the ER-X or ERL offers. MUCH better tp BRIDGE the CODA and have the ER-X  or ERL operate as your Router/gateway etc. where you can exploit the speed advantage available to you. The ER-X or ERL, as a Router, is far Superior -- in every way shape and form --- to the CODA Router.

David Mozer
IT-Expert on Call
I Plan to Stick Around

@mozerd wrote:

@joker2168 wrote:

@trafsta wrote:

So yesterday around 11am I swapped my CGN3AMR for a CODA4582 w/ 2 black dots at the local Rogers store 20 minutes away...

@joker2168@trafsta, When you bridge the ER-X bridging is done in software so that KILLS any speed advantage the ER-X offers. MUCH better tp BRIDGE the CODA and have the ER-X  operate as your Router/gateway etc. where you can exploit the speed advantage available to you. The ER-X, as a Router, is far Superior -- in every way shape and form --- to the CODA Router.

Sorry I meant putting the Coda into bridge mode. not the X router.

I Plan to Stick Around

@jjdunn10 I've called in 3 times, all agents I speak to say the same thing - it is a company-wide provisioning server issue. Techs/installers visiting homes to setup a new internet connection cannot even provision a brand new modem install for a new customer, or so I'm told.

The first call they double checked the serial # with what I have in the back of the modem also, it was correct. They see a strong signal up/down on the modem, it's simply not provisioned, and since their provisioning server/service is down, they cannot provision it...

Fun times.

Going to setup a Microhard Bell cellular internet connection at my house for now so I can still get some darn work done... *frustrated*

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@joker2168 awesome thanks for the info. I haven't used EdgeRouter's before, very interested to see one in action. Definitely tired of using the Hitron's in gateway mode... I haven't had to use a Rogers or Start.ca, etc, modem in gateway mode in years, until I maxed out the Linksys E3000 that I was using as a router when switching from the Rogers 100u to 250u connection... I already have two Netgear R7000's in two spots of my house running in AP mode and I didn't want to invest $$$ into a new router if it wasn't necessary... you'd think I could get a Hitron working well enough, but I guess not Smiley Sad Getting my work to pay for the EdgeRouter at least since it's replacing the Cisco (I couldn't really justify another R7000 as a work expense, but the EdgeRouter is justifiable...).

Side note: I see they have a 150u/15 and 500u/20 connection now. I changed to 250u like a month ago. $97.99 is what I pay I think (could be wrong). I guess thats a good deal compared to these newer plans eh? What gives???

I Plan to Stick Around

@trafsta wrote:

@joker2168 awesome thanks for the info. I haven't used EdgeRouter's before, very interested to see one in action. Definitely tired of using the Hitron's in gateway mode... I haven't had to use a Rogers or Start.ca, etc, modem in gateway mode in years, until I maxed out the Linksys E3000 that I was using as a router when switching from the Rogers 100u to 250u connection... I already have two Netgear R7000's in two spots of my house running in AP mode and I didn't want to invest $$$ into a new router if it wasn't necessary... you'd think I could get a Hitron working well enough, but I guess not Smiley Sad Getting my work to pay for the EdgeRouter at least since it's replacing the Cisco (I couldn't really justify another R7000 as a work expense, but the EdgeRouter is justifiable...).

Side note: I see they have a 150u/15 and 500u/20 connection now. I changed to 250u like a month ago. $97.99 is what I pay I think (could be wrong). I guess thats a good deal compared to these newer plans eh? What gives???

The Edge router is pretty awesome. Its very easy to configure and comes with a ton of features for the price. I use it mainly to segragate my virtual demo enviroment. 

I am paying 97 -minus 14 for the bundle discount on the 250U.

I Plan to Stick Around

Cool, yeah, same price. Work's paying for my internet so I opted for the bundle that heavily discounts are single HD PVR "basic cable" TV rather than the internet Smiley Wink I only have 2 products on my account.

I get around 330mbit download on it also.

Curious to one day see how the CODA performs... if it ever gets provisioned... still undecided as to whether or not I should ask to get my CODA on the trial CODA firmware after it does get provisioned.