FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

@dmbcanda can you remind me of what you have running, modem only connected to pc's or modem - router - pc combination?  If you have a router running, what model is it?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Datalink

I contacted support and it is a Windows 10 issue as it works on Windows7 and Android.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

IPv6 is cutting in and out in my case without modem or computer reboot.

I had full IPv6 yesterday in the afternoon.

It showed up in the Status screen of Coda in WAN IP Address field right after IPv4.

My laptop computer was also registered with double IP v4 and 6 in Connected Devices HDCP table.

This morning IPv6 was down. When I looked at setting on my modem the HDCP table showing connected device was showing only IPv4 for computers. Status screen of CODA still had IP 4 and 6.

About 15 minutes ago I got IPv6 again! No reboot or even network disconnect. I have 17/20 IPv6 Test score with some small issues on Firewall (probably from McAfee) and my public IP on Google (my IP address) shows IPv6.

DOCSIS Event shows:

20 02/24/2017 20:10:18 82000200 critical No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out

but I don't think this is related to IPv6 coming back on.

I have 2 computers connected directly to CODA with Windows 10 and 7. Both have IPv6 active in the internal table and on the Internet.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@User1445713 @Datalink @RogersDave

I have the same issue with Windows 10, keeps loosing IPV6.  I have to go into the network and sharing Center and disable and renable IPV6 protocol all the time.   Once I reboot I loose it and have to do the steps all over again.

I've Been Around

I was upgraded to the .24 firmware a couple days back. Last night I was streaming some video, and after about an hour it buffered for a few minutes. I eventually finished the video with no more buffering, but the resolution degraded at a few points.

This morning the connection is still slower than usual. Just browsing pictures of houses from my realtor shows a very annoying wait-time for the pictures to load. Unlike with the .19 firmware, a reboot of the modem does NOT seem to help.

At what point do I receive a rebate for the shoddy connection speeds here???? I don’t pay for DOCSIS 3.1 or IPv6 support; I pay for 100m speed, and I am NOT getting it!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I noticed UP arrow is randomly blinking once in a while light blue (cyan) trying to go DOCSIS 3.1 upstream. Is anybody getting cyan both ways?

I'm solid IPv6 since yesterday late afternoon. Google "my IP address" is showing my public IPv6.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@User1445713 if your on the new CODA modem, you cant have an IPv6 address yet, they have IPv6 disabled until they fix the firmware and give everyone the new upgrades....

You may be reciving the info, and have the purple light on, with 4k Downstream, but you wont be able to use IPv6 yet.

If google says you have it, its a glitch and Google is only detecting that the service is available, not that you physically have it in use.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@User1445713 If you go the the first two post in THIS thread, page 1, you can see VERY CLEARLY, the new CODA has IPv6 disabled by default and then the note at the bottm of the change log for the firmware clearly states, IPV6 will remain disabled until EVERYONE is updated and the firmware issues are addressed.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

Ipv6 was enabled on the coda 4582 2 days ago, RogersDave mentioned it in another thread.

I am on ipv6 19/20 on ipv6test.com 

Anyone the Coda 4582 just needs to do a reboot and they will get ipv6 enabled ( confirmed by Dave)

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

IPV6 is enabled with .24, no doubt.  Only issue I am having is it working on Windows 10 64-bit, does not work no matter what I try.  No issues on my cell phone, tablet or old laptop running Windows 7.  Not sure if anyone is having same issue.    My speeds have not improved, and I do not have Doscis 3.1 in my area.   I truly believe that my neighbourhood has some serious congestion or infastructure issues.