FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

@kghgk send a PM to @CommunityHelps with your account number, modem serial number, and modem mac address. Ask to join the Beta Firmware Program, the latest Beta .24 fixes DHCP issues, as well as other important fixes. If you don't wanna be apart of the Beta then wait a week or two because .24 should be going network wide soon.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@kghgk,

Send a private message to @CommunityHelps requesting the trial build for the CODA-4582.  The trial version intro is found here:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/331...

I posted a more complete instruction set for a previous trial version here, message # 471 (top post) on the following page.  The instructions to request the update and the post install instructions are still valid with the exception that IPV6 is currently disabled in the CODA-4582.  That will remain, hopefully not much longer, until the firmware for newly delivered modems is sorted out as its not compatible with IPV6 operation.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/348...

When you are sending the private message as indicated in those posts, please indicate;

Message title:  Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Message contents:

1.  Modem model: CODA-4582

2.  Modem MAC address; and

3.  Modem Serial Number

You can log into your modem and copy the HFC MAC address and modem Serial number and paste that into the message. The HFC MAC Address and modem Serial Number can be found on the STATUS page that is displayed when you log into the modem. The Cable Modem MAC Address and S/N can also be found on the back of the modem.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@KepneR one point to keep in mind, with .27 loaded, the CGNM-3552 will be limited to ~20 Mb/s upload instead of the 50 Mbs/ that the modem is capable of running.  That should be corrected in the next firmware release.

I'm Here A Lot

I have been .24 for 2 days and internet keeps disconnected foe every 45-60minutes. I need to power cycle everytime. This is unbearable.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RC2002 wrote:

I have been .24 for 2 days and internet keeps disconnected foe every 45-60minutes. I need to power cycle everytime. This is unbearable.

@RC2002 Can you login to the gateways and post the signal levels under the DOCSIS WAN page. Please remove your ip address when you post it. Also have you tried contacting Rogers when you get disconnected so they can run a diagnostics on the modem while it's disconnected?

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDave @Datalink

Just today I've gotten this error in the modem logs and the modem has rebooted twice 

Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received - T3 time-out

Any ideas 

Mythen

I Plan to Stick Around

Been online for over two days without rebooting... since being upgraded to .24. Only seen one warning message.

1 02/19/2017 19:45:23 84020200 warning Lost MDD Timeout;CM-MAC=MYMAC;CMTS-MAC=MYMAC;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

I Plan to Stick Around

Facing the same issues as before....Im on .24 and have to reboot every two hours...I have factory reset the modem and unligged for 30 secs...not using any other router...

Any inputs?

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@tester2013

Are you on a black dot modem (v1 or v2)?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I've been on .24 for a couple of days. Download and uploads are the same speed. 

The range is good old which is nice. I'm not having to reboot.