FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

So the bug with the LAN ports shutting down came back this morning... 

I power cycled my modem, and when it came back up, I go back in... and it's running 4.5.8.20 again. Smiley Sad What happened?

I'm a Regular

So your firmware was rolled back to .20? Strange. I can gladly report that after several days with .21, I have not experienced the issue with LAN ports shutting off. When I had the issue, it was daily for me, so this new firmware seems to be working well.
Network Architect
Network Architect

Hi VivienM

We have a system that ensures modems are running a current version of firmware. The system periodically checks all modems and performs upgrades/downgrades as required.

Normally when modems are running a special version of firmware, we have to exclude them from this system but as one of the first participants in this trial, your modem was missed.

I went ahead, initiated an upgrade back to 4.5.8.21T6 and have made sure your modem is being excluded from automatic downgrade.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

toolcubed wrote:
So your firmware was rolled back to .20? Strange. I can gladly report that after several days with .21, I have not experienced the issue with LAN ports shutting off. When I had the issue, it was daily for me, so this new firmware seems to be working well.

Yup, that was my experience too... until this morning. I'm guessing that the downgrade to .20 happened overnight... and boom, problem is back.

I reached out to @CommunityHelps ; I really hope someone can get me back to .21 today otherwise it's going to be a painful weekend (last weekend, one day I had to power cycle the modem FOUR TIMES)... 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

RogersDave wrote:

Hi VivienM

We have a system that ensures modems are running a current version of firmware. The system periodically checks all modems and performs upgrades/downgrades as required.

Normally when modems are running a special version of firmware, we have to exclude them from this system but as one of the first participants in this trial, your modem was missed.

I went ahead, initiated an upgrade back to 4.5.8.21T6 and have made sure your modem is being excluded from automatic downgrade.

@RogersDave, you are my hero. Modem just updated itself to 4.5.8.21 and my weekend is saved. Thank you so much! 

Rogers Employee lee_3_00
Rogers Employee

@VivienM  Glad to hear you've received the .21 update! Hopefully this helps resolve some of the issues you've been having. Since this is a trial version though, from time to time the internet may go down due to updates still being pushed to our modems which will require a factory reset.

I've Been Here Awhile

Guys, i have been noticing the LAN Port issue (every 48 hours) the LAN port is not functional and only a reboot fixes it. As per this thread 4.5.8.21T6 version is being tested to fix it.

I am willing to try it, can someone please tell me where the download link to this firmware is? and some of the steps on how to onboard this onto the modem?
I Plan to Stick Around

You cannot download it yourself nor flash the modem yourself, it has to be done from the coax connection. 

You need to send an email to @CommunityHelps with the subject "Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial"

Regards,

I've Been Here Awhile

@RogersDave how do i get 4.5.8.21T6, i want to try this ASAP. Im experiencing the LAN port issue?
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks, just sent @CommunityHelps a Private message with the subject you mentioned. Is that it? do i keep checking firmware on the GUI?