Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

We are currently offering our users an exclusive opportunity to participate in an upcoming trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACR, CGN3AMR and CGN3ACSMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). For details of this program, please see this thread.

This thread will be used for feedback regarding the firmware.  We've invited @RogersSergio@RogersSyd & @RogersBob from our Networking team to participate in this thread.  Your feedback is very valuable and will be used to enhance the firmware before it is released publicly.

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

4,921 REPLIES 4,921

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Alex4161
I'm a senior contributor
I never had any issues with 40 MHz on my netgear router. My wifi scan tool showed me that 40 MHz works fine.

Can you guys enable it please?

Triple_Helix
I plan to stick around

@SimplePanda wrote:

@Triple_Helix wrote:

Now this is better since the Trial came out! http://ipv6-test.com/ Smiley Happy

2016-06-08_22-14-26.png

Does the trial fix the firewall problem?

IPv6 CPE shouldn't firewall out ICMPv6 at all. The RFC is fairly clear on that. 

I'm wondering if the Hitron also filters out IKE/ESP by default as well (which it shouldn't) - doing so would break IPv6 end-to-end.

Interesting. http://www6.chappell-family.co.uk/cgi-bin6/ipscan-js.cgi 

2016-06-08_23-13-36.png

2016-06-08_23-40-00.png

2016-06-08_23-48-51.png

Mo786
I plan to stick around

I lost internet connection after 24Hours Modem in Bridge mode (asus router 68u), could not login into modem web ui..had to unpulg and plug back to make it work. Is the Lan bug still present in trial firmware?

tyreman
I plan to stick around

getting a 10/10 here

Another ipv6 test sight is 

test-ipv6.com

Tried this AM - no go. Tried with 'default' of 5g and 2.4g 'enabled' - no go. Tried with just 2.4g enabled - no go.

Here's where it gets interesting.

If you setup the Hitron modem with the same wireless SSID and Password as what you've successfully connected to while the Hitron was in 'bridge mode' - it will connect AND be visible to the Chromecast extension in Chrome - and it will work fine.

(I'm not surprised that it successfully connects to a wireless network with the same name and passwords , I was just surprised to see it working.)

It just seems to loose something during the initial setup with the Hitron modem that makes it 'not visible' to casting applications.

My guess is, most people won't have this issue if they have an existing Chromecast setup - it will likely be people that ADD a NEW Chromecast to their environment.

Chris 

NorthGraves
I plan to stick around

Had been waking up to no internet for three days in a row after having installed the new Hitron CGNM-3522-ROG and Gigabit Ignite - the LAN port shutting down issue, had to power cycle the modem, nothing else helped.

Asked to push .21 firmware yesterday, confirmed at 4PM June 8 (yesterday), actually pushed at 9PM June 8.

Woke up this morning - the Internet is up and running (YAY!).

Here's an issue to report: there still was a disconnect (didn't see this with the previous 250/20 package and Hitron CGN3 modem) at some point/points at night - in the morning the network icon on my Win10 desktop looked like there was no Internet, but the Internet connection was actually there, and then in 15-20 sec the icon updated itself to "all good" (connected). That means, afaik, that there was at least one actual disconnect from the Internet, but yes, thanks to the new .21 firmware, the connection came back on automatially, without the need to power cycle the modem.

The modem is in bridge mode, Edgerouter Lite 3 is between the Hitron CGNM-3522-ROG and a 24-port gigabit switch (TP-Link).

Alex, Kanata (Ottawa), Ontario.

MikeSamuels
I've been here awhile

Hi everyone

First, thanks to the Rogers techs who pushed out my firmware update so quickly yesterday afternoon.

History:
I have the Hitron CGN3ACSMR, hardware version 2A. I use it in bridge mode coupled to a Netgear Nighthawk R7000 router and a TP-Link TL-1016DE 16 Port Easy Smart gigabit switch.

Symptoms:
Everything was fine until a couple of weeks back when I guess a bad firmware update (4.5.8.20), was pushed out. Since then, I was experiencing the same dead ethernet port issue as the rest of you, two or three times a day, resolved by power-cycling the Hitron.

Solution:
I had the trial firmware pushed out yesterday afternoon (4.5.8.21), and so far so good on the dropped ethernet port. I have set the Hitron back into bridge mode. Speed testing shows between 125 - 150Mbps down / 11.8Mbps up. All hardware devices have been factory reset and reconfigured since the Hitron firmware push.

Continuing problem:
This is odd - most everything seems to be working but I am having trouble streaming from YouTube and Netflix. YouTube won't stream at all unless the router is set to obtain DNS servers via DHCP from Rogers (I prefer to use Google or OpenDNS for DNS), and I have verified this to be the case. YouTube still won't stream at all on my ethernet connected Roku 3 - the thumbnails all appear, but the screen displays "Loading..." only. This is the same symptom seen on all other devices when the DNS is set to anything other than Rogers. Also, Netflix now has a long loading time - creeps up to 25%, stops for maybe 20 to 30 seconds then works up to 100% and plays normally. The Roku was fine a couple of days ago. It's interesting to note that this behaviour only seems to occur on the Roku 3 - PCs and other devices all start streaming almost instantly.

That's it for now, will keep you informed if anything changes...

Mike

cyco
I plan to stick around

@NorthGraves I have the same issue, can you check your Wan events and see if you get timeouts from the CMTS when this occurs?

Also what hardware revision is your Hitron?

I have the 1A. Wondering if the issue is tied to this specific revision of the hardware cause lots of poeple are not getting those issues.

MikeSamuels
I've been here awhile

I have hardware version 2A.  How/where would I check WAN events (my Hitron is in bridge mode)?

NorthGraves
I plan to stick around

Hardware Version 1A on the 3552 Hitron.

I'll check the WAN events when home. What is the standard text for these timeouts you are referring to?

Something T3 timeouts?

cyco
I plan to stick around

That's correct it is the T3 Timeouts I am speaking of.

When in bridge mode, you can hit 192.168.100.1 to get the modem's firmware. You may have to add a static route in your router, however, most of the time not since it would be outside your LAN's subnet.

@MikeSamuels wrote:

This is odd - most everything seems to be working but I am having trouble streaming from YouTube and Netflix. YouTube won't stream at all unless the router is set to obtain DNS servers via DHCP from Rogers (I prefer to use Google or OpenDNS for DNS), and I have verified this to be the case.
Mike

Mike,

Thanks for your feedback. We have received a few similar complaints in the last couple of days regarding issues accessing Youtube. This is not specific to this version of firmware but seems to affecting certain CMTS in particular including the one you are located on.

I will send you a private message with additional information if you are able to run a few additional tests.

Thanks

NorthGraves
I plan to stick around

"you can hit 192.168.100.1 to get the modem's firmware"

Yes, that worked fine yesterday, I'm just not home, will get the log later tonight.

cyco
I plan to stick around

that was more for Mike.

Cheers man 🙂

breh
I'm here a lot

Chromecast STILL not working properly on Hitron modem... Haven't been able to use my Chromecast properly for nearly a month now.

Triple_Helix
I plan to stick around

Speed is very good via wireless on my 250/20 plan: @RogersDave that doesn't mean you can throttle down my connection. LOL Smiley Tongue

noziel
I plan to stick around

CGN3ACSMR firmware 4.5.8.21

Hi, I had the firmware 4.5.8.21 on my modem to address the lan port dying.  To my surprise I was pushed back down to 4.5.8.20 and about to leave this service as am extremly unhappy with all the issues.  Reaching out to see if someone can help me get this firmware back online and understand this is a trial version but addresses my issues. 

Please help.

@noziel wrote:

CGN3ACSMR firmware 4.5.8.21

Hi, I had the firmware 4.5.8.21 on my modem to address the lan port dying.  To my surprise I was pushed back down to 4.5.8.20 and about to leave this service as am extremly unhappy with all the issues.  Reaching out to see if someone can help me get this firmware back online and understand this is a trial version but addresses my issues. 

Please help.

Noziel,

I can't find your name in the official list of participant for this trial. I am not sure if you got this firmware via another mean but please reach out to @CommunityHelps via private message and then will send you the relevant instructions.

Thanks

Dave

NorthGraves
I plan to stick around

The DOCSIS Event log (all entries come in these groups of three lines):

2016-06-09_191640.png

What does it mean? Bad? Normal?

Thanks.

Alex.

noziel
I plan to stick around
hi dave, new at this how do I go about sending a private message. I

noziel
I plan to stick around

Dave what is the process to get added to the list?  I worked with Support and Tier 2 and they put me back on 4.5.8.21.  However I'd like to remain on this until the next revision comes.