Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

We are currently offering our users an exclusive opportunity to participate in an upcoming trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACR, CGN3AMR and CGN3ACSMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). For details of this program, please see this thread.

This thread will be used for feedback regarding the firmware.  We've invited @RogersSergio@RogersSyd & @RogersBob from our Networking team to participate in this thread.  Your feedback is very valuable and will be used to enhance the firmware before it is released publicly.

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

4,921 REPLIES 4,921

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

deus
I plan to stick around

I hate to say it , because the minute I do stuff will change back, but dogon if the latest code 7x doesn't fix my issue with wifi. Now the wifi improvement does not thereby establish the likelihood of a benevolent originator but does, it seems to me, surely bring an angel into view.

toolcubed
I'm a senior contributor
Is 7.1.1.30 the latest production version or is it still in testing?

why do some have 4 upload channels and I only got 3 @RogersIan @Datalink

@lethalsniper it all depends on the CMTS that your modem is connected to, and possibly the traffic load on the CMTS.  Some will run 3 channels, some run 4 channels.  I'm sure that there is some logic to it, but Ian is probably the one person who can state what that logic might be.  Don't quote me on this but I think that the 7.x trial version is running 4 upstream channels.  

toolcubed
I'm a senior contributor
So is 7.x production now or is it still in trial (with 36T6 still the latest production version)?

RogersIan
Product Manager
Product Manager

@toolcubed  2.0.10.36T6 is the current production code and 7.1.1.30 is the current trial code.

@blues_clues We have implemented a new power table on the u-nii 1 band (more powerful) which is why you may connect to it before others.

RogersIan

toolcubed
I'm a senior contributor
Thanks Rogerslan. Looks like I wasn’t removed from the trial testers list as I had previously requested (and confirmed by Rogers). My modem is on 7.1.1.30. As I had previously requested, I need to be removed from these trials as they’re far too risky for my work. I just sent you another PM. Can you please revert me to latest production version and ensure I’m removed from all trial lists? Thanks.

RogersIan
Product Manager
Product Manager

Moving from our current 2.0 platform to the 7.1 platform is a big jump in terms of the modems functionality and we want to thank everyone for their involvement so far..

As we get closer to a final version of code we are looking for further feedback from the community on the performance of 7.1.1.27/.30. 
For those of you who are running it, please consider only your experience over the last 3 weeks, this would be since we rolled out the last fix.

Are your speeds comparable to what you saw on 2.0.10.36T6?

Over the past 3 weeks has your connection been more or less stable then on 2.0.10.36T6?

Have you had to reboot your modem over the past 3 weeks? If so do you have to more often then when you were on 36T6?

Have you ran into any other issues or concerns you can share details on?

As always we appreciate your help identifying the bugs. The input this community provides directly affects the success of our testing.

Thanks again,
RogersIan

Alborze
I plan to stick around
Hi Ian,

As far as my experience goes, I'd say that the speeds have gone down in my case, I've had to reboot the modem a few times now so I'd say overall it's less stable as I've faced a few outages or intermittent drops in connection. From an overall performance aspect, 36T6 worked a lot better in my case. At least I think it did! Lol

@RogersIan why do some people in my building where I live have 4 upload channels and I have only 3 ? I got the coda modem

@RogersIan are you still running a slow release program to the test group?  I'm still running 36T6.

toolcubed
I'm a senior contributor
7.1.1.30 has been less stable for me. This morning (while still on 7.x, before being reverted to 36T6), I was dropping Skype and MS Teams calls every 5-7 minutes. I was then reverted back to 36T6 and after an hour-long Teams meeting with the older firmware, the call was flawless with no drops whatsoever. Also, when I was on 7.x, navigating thru the CODA admin menus was tedious...some tabs would only partially load while other tabs wouldn’t load at all. Power cycling fixed it temporarily. Never had that issue with 36T6, which, overall has been far more stable for me compared to 7.x.

As for speeds (I’m on the 500/20 plan), my download speeds are more consistent with 36T6 but upload speeds seemed to be slightly more consistent with 7.x. I can usually consistently hit 560-590 on 36T6 while download speeds seemed to fluctuate between 400 and 580 on 7.x. As for upload speeds, I would always immediately get 22Mbps on 7.x and it would remain at 22 for the entire duration of the upload speed test. On 36T6, upload speeds start at 50, then immediately drop to about 12 and the slowly work their way up to 22.

Hope this feedback helps

ablatt
I plan to stick around

I get the following in the log.  Running .30 in bridge mode.

daily CM Certificate Errors,

REG-RSP-MP Mismatch Between Calculated Value for P1.6hi Compared to CCAP Provided Value

RNG-RSP CCAP Commanded Power in Excess of 6 dB Below the Value Corresponding to the Top of the DRW

Also, I believe my office VPN connection is being affected but I'm not sure.  It often seems to stop working for no reason, then starts again. 

Why can’t Rogers just release a standalone modem for the customers who want one @RogersIan and please respond to my last post thanks.

I think the CODA-4582 is the last modem/gateway they'll ever release for the non-IgniteTV/Comcastic environment... and if anything, the trend there is in the opposite direction since they are now integrating phone into the same box.

That's a trend seen elsewhere, too - in Montreal, Videotron was doing something you would have loved where they give you a straight modem (that may also do phone, I think?), then a separate wifi router that you can just put in your cupboard if you want to use your own. They're now going Comcastic too, and switching to the integrated router/gateway/modem/phone, same as Rogers...

JSwizzle416
I've been here awhile

Currently on 7.1.1.30. Had to do a factory reset after it was updated to get the modem to work properly. So far the only problem I have is 2.4G SSID would randomly disappear, but not 5G SSID. All my  devices that is connected on the 2.4G would go offline. I would have to restart the modem to get it to work again.

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

@RogersIan

Feedback of 7.xx 30

I have to reboot modem less often than on 36.

5G is not working thought, when it works its extremely slow on all devices so I have to use 2.4, rebooting modem is not helping.

Speedtest was faster on 36 950+ all the time now I get about 500-550.

More stable than 36 since I have to reboot less, but less speed and 5G wifi not working.

blues_clues
I plan to stick around

@RogersIan 

I decided to analyze the frame beacon from the 5G network, channels 36-48 (80MHz) and channels 149-161 (80MHz) and can verify the power level on U-NII-1 as 24db (250mW) and on U-NII-3 (1W), however, most are experiencing issues on channels 149-161 based on this firmware version.  What has changed for these channels?

For those seeing issues with 5G, try channels 36-48 and report back. I am assuming your neighbour's interference is not a factor going from 36T6 to 7.1.1.30.

Also, these Hitron modems are classified as "US" in the country code.  Should they not be CA, from a regulatory standpoint?  I understand that they may have been purchased in the US but the firmware team should ensure CA is the country code so that we can take advantage of the subtle differences in our frequency allocations.

For those with smart devices, 7.1.1.30 is surely not ready for primetime.

From a security standpoint, I would like to see an implementation of an isolation network for users to place their smart devices and segment them from the rest of their household, as an option.

RyzenFX
I'm a reliable contributor

@RogersIan Still on .27 however the fix for the unresponsive login page doesn't seem to work, at least on bridge mode. Tried multiple hard reboots with no help. Other than that the modem is performing normally in terms of download and upload speed and in terms of latency. Maybe .30 will help with the unresponsive login (if you can push that to me).

Max24
I plan to stick around

Having the same issue as RyzenFX however I'm on 7.1.1.30 with the modem in bridge mode. The login page is unresponsive and not accessible. Rebooting the modem made no difference also opened a live chat with Rogers Tech support and they were not able to access the modem at all with any of their tools and could only see in one of their tools that it had version 7.1.1.30 and the modem was online.

From a performance perspective doing multiple speed tests at this time 5:30AM - 6:40AM I'm seeing an average of 540Mbps Download & 31Mbps Upload.

blues_clues
I plan to stick around

@Max24 

I had that happen before.  Pin reset was the only thing that worked for me.

Backup your config, pin reset, restore config.