FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

I have reverted back t0 .14 from .18 - Kindly inform about the reason of revert ? Is there any plan when this experiment will settle?

I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah. I have a high bufferbloat too. I get 'F' at it everytime. I don't even need to run a bufferbloat test, actually, to sense it. Whenever I am on the internet, my internet is all fine, stuck, fine, stuck and so on.

During the speedtest, I can see this explicitly and totally brings down the speed too. .18 didn't fix the issue (made it worse) so RogerDave reverted me back to .14, which I am not compaining.

All said, its best to wait for the newest update which I am guessing will be past new year. I am sure RogersDave is looking it to it so I appreciate the effort.

Also, I would rather come here to complain about the issue than call Rogers. Atleast, here the issues gets looked into. When I call Rogers, it's all scripted. They can't do anything. So I am sorry, if I complain too much Smiley Tongue

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@mosalem2003 if your modem's MAC address was not placed on the exclusions list to prevent it from being downgraded, the usual version scan across the network would have detected the fact that the modem was running something other than the current network wide version.  As a result your modem was loaded with .14 again, which is the current network wide version.  Normally that scan would detect modems that are running something less than .14 and update them accordingly.  These days, running test versions, the test modem would have to be placed on the exclusions list when its updated beyond the network wide version.  Dave will have to update the modem again and ensure that its placed on the exclusion list.  

I Plan to Stick Around

Speed stalled out again.  Ran speedtest and it dropped to below 1mbps and stalled out.  Had to reboot again.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

I too was downgraded from. 18 to. 14

Do we have a date for when Ipv6 will be enabled for us beta tester?

I Plan to Stick Around

@Windwalker wrote:

@RogersDaveI was not having any issues with .13 on my 4582.  I was automatically updated to .14 and every so often my speeds will drop to less than 1 mbps on download and sometimes even stall out the test.  It requires a reboot of the modem to get it back to normal.

I did a perform a factory reset after getting .14.

This version is not working for me.  Even seeing weird gaps/drops on the speedtest graph when running at speed.

Thanks

Had to reboot twice so far today!

@RogersDave Hope you had a good holiday.

I did some checking and found that I have a faster Jetdirect network card kicking around and removed my external box that was connected to the printer port and running 10 Mbps and upgraded it to an internal card that is set to auto neogiate and it currently shows to be connected as follows:

------ HP JetDirect Configuration ------

Model Number: J7934A
Hardware Address: 000E7FDA38E1
Firmware Version: V.29.26.FF
LAA: 000E7FDA38E1
Port Config: 100TX FULL
Auto Negotiation: On
Manufacturing ID: 25804443902580
Date Manufactured: 10/2004

On an unrelated note, my modem was downgraded to version .14 from .18 and my Internet speeds are really pathetic to the point that watching Netflix is pretty bad. I have a few asks from you:

- Can you please push me back to the .18 firmware?  I think I may not have been on the exclusion list and believe that some nightly process will force .14 firmware back to the modem.  Can you please add me to the exclusion list?

- Can you also log back into my settings to have a look at the performance.  I believe things will be faster on my network now.

- Can you also try to get my speed back to how things were.  It is REALLY slow these days.

Thanks,

Mahomed

@RogersDave I forgot to post my speed test results so here they are.  As you can see, they are a far cry from the 1000/50 speeds we are paying for.  How do I get some credits for having to getting irradic speeds as the graph shows:

speed.jpg

Also, the Jetdirect card for my printer is internal which means if the printer is off (which is most of the time) the port would not be connected to the router and only devices that are Gigabit would be connected.  Previously, the jetdirect was external and was on 24/7 connected at 10 Mbps.

Thanks

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDave I'd like to verify that I am still on the trial.

Thanks