Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

We are currently offering our users an exclusive opportunity to participate in an upcoming trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACR, CGN3AMR and CGN3ACSMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). For details of this program, please see this thread.

This thread will be used for feedback regarding the firmware.  We've invited @RogersSergio@RogersSyd & @RogersBob from our Networking team to participate in this thread.  Your feedback is very valuable and will be used to enhance the firmware before it is released publicly.

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

4,921 REPLIES 4,921

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

ffdhfhf
I plan to stick around

Rogers, you pushed Firmware 7.2.4.5.2b5 overnight found a bug in WiFi.

As an example for an AP name foo.bar. It fails to work with dots '.' now, I have to switch my AP name to _ or -. Is this intentional? 

HitronDave
I plan to stick around

@ffdhfhf wrote:

Rogers, you pushed Firmware 7.2.4.5.2b5 overnight found a bug in WiFi.

As an example for an AP name foo.bar. It fails to work with dots '.' now, I have to switch my AP name to _ or -. Is this intentional? 

Hi @ffdhfhf, it is certainly not intentional. I just had my QA team perform the test, and they were able to correctly setup a WiFi network named foo.bar and connect to it from a client device.

If you can replicate the issue and take a backup of your configuration from the GUI, I can try to replicate it to understand what is going on.

RogersIan
Product Manager
Product Manager

As some of you may have noticed we deployed 7.2.4.5.2b5 to a portion of the communities devices.

This build brings:

• New sdk (7.2.4.5) with improved DOCSIS handling capabilities
  • Ability to enable Hybrid band steering - this creates 2 band steered networks for users who currently have separate 2.4 and 5G SSIDs

We plan to roll this build out over the next week to the whole community.

Please share your experience and provide feedback.

RogersIan

@RogersIan does that include a provision to lock out certain devices that are not capable of using 5 Ghz networks, so that they stay on the 2.4 Ghz band.  From what I remember, each device should report what band they are capable of working on, but, from posts in this forum it appears that some devices either doesn't transmit that info, or the modem ignores it and atttempts to force the device onto the 5 Ghz band.  Only solution at the moment is to turn off band steering, separate the two network names and connect a "2.4 Ghz only" device to the 2.4 Ghz network.  It might stay there if you turn band steering back on.  So .... an exemption rule is required. 

@RogersIan @HitronDave here's my request for a future build:  include the OFDM MIBS data into the signal level tables.  At the moment, without visibility into the OFDM data, we're completely blind when it comes to troubleshooting signal issues.  From what I understand, the first line tech support only has access to an amalgamated singular data line.  That doesn't break down the OFDM band into the 20 sub-bands that can be displayed, which would be very useful for troubleshooting purposes.  Apparently the @CommunityHelps techs and 2nd line techs have access to that data.  So, anyone having downstream issues has to ask @CommunityHelps for support or attempt to chat with a 2nd line tech, which doesn't happen very often.  Having that OFDM breakdown in the signal tables would be very useful when we're looking at signal levels that vary widely across the OFDM bandwidth, as shown by the bordering QAM signal data.  

If the data for the upstream OFDMA sub-channels is available, please include that as well. 

rjmaxim
I plan to stick around

CODA-4582-U (1A)

SW Version ; 7.2.4.5.2b5 

So far no issues. Able to access Modem GUI in Bridged Mode with Orbi Router lan connected.  Speed has been consistent with latest versions. Occasional drop-off for a minute few times a week....affecting Sonos, other streaming services and IOT units.....but no 4582 reboots. It's a bit of a nuisance ....but significantly better than last several years when speeds were totally inconsistent with major drop-outs. Please keep it up.👍Speed tests.jpg

ffdhfhf
I plan to stick around

I'll back to you today on this one. I'll revert change and provide config

ablatt
I plan to stick around

I have heard from some people that firmware 7.2.4.5.2b5  has introduced a problem with WIFI security.  In particular if AUTH mode is set to Auto, some devices (including Apple devices) can lose their WIFI connections.  For now WPA2-PSK should be set.  Is there some truth to that?

Greetings @ablatt!

I haven't heard of this happening before now. Where did you hear this? Is there anyone else in the Community that has seen this happen?

Regards,

RogersCorey

ablatt
I plan to stick around

Only anecdotally from a few friends of mine.

mf152
I plan to stick around

Hi @RogersIan for some reason I am still on 7.2.4.1.4b15 even though it's now July.  I believe I am registered for firmware trial and was updated to 7.2.4.1.4b15 very early.  When should I expect to be on the later version?  Thanks.

asturias7
I plan to stick around

July 9, 2022: I still haven't been updated to 7.2.4.5.2b5.

RogersIan
Product Manager
Product Manager

Quick update on our firmware trial status.
We found an issue in the 7.2.4.5.x code which stopped our trial rollout.

While we were investigating Hitron moved forward to a new 7.2.4.7 SDK base code which we are currently testing.

Once we're ready to move forward with firmware deployments I will update the community and we can get things moving again. sorry don't have a time frame.
Most trial members remain on our prod code 7.2.4.1.4b15.

Thanks for all of your help and patience, 

RogersIan

ablatt
I plan to stick around

Any updates on this?  It's been a while.

asturias7
I plan to stick around

Please read the post above yours.

No updates to the firmware, for now.

RogersIan
Product Manager
Product Manager

Hello Community,

After a long hiatus we are back with new CODA-4582 code for everyone to kick around.

The latest version is 7.2.4.7.1b4, this is Hitron's latest SDK on the MaxLinear chipset.

The new SDK has many DOCSIS improvements coming up from our current 7.2.4.1.15b2 code as well as many stability fixes for services such as VPN and VoIP.
We will look to push the new firmware out early this week.

Thank you for your continued participation.

Regards,
RogersIan

rjmaxim
I plan to stick around

Thanks Dave.... Page 1 needs to be updated. The heading is correct but not the details below.

Hitron CODA Series

Model: CODA-4582
Current production firmware: 7.1.1.37
Current trial firmware: 7.2,4,1,15b2

What is version 7.2.4.5.2b5 ?? This is what it shows:
System Overview
ModelCODA-4582-U (1A)
Model NameCODA-4582-U
Software Version7.2.4.5.2b5

If you can...What's the time line or EOL date for the CODA 4582 vs XB7/8...
😊

asturias7
I plan to stick around

I'm still on 7.2.4.1.4b15. Hopefully this latest update comes my way asap. 👍

rjmaxim
I plan to stick around

Received version  7.2.4.7.1b4 yesterday. So far no issues....Able to login modem. Speeds to 5 Rogers CMT servers nearby consistent around 935 Down and 53 Up... Toronto M1C area. Hopefully it keeps up over the holidays. Cheers ! 

asturias7
I plan to stick around

It's been 3 weeks since this 7.2.4.7.1b4 update was announced and I still haven't received it. 😑

Greetings @asturias7!

In order to receive this update, you must be a part of our trial. You can find more details in the very first post of this thread and at this post: Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem – Firmware Trial - Rogers Community

If you'd like to join, please have a look at the details and follow the instructions to sign up.

Regards,

RogersCorey

asturias7
I plan to stick around

OK  @RogersCorey, thanks for the info! 👍