Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

We are currently offering our users an exclusive opportunity to participate in an upcoming trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACR, CGN3AMR and CGN3ACSMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). For details of this program, please see this thread.

This thread will be used for feedback regarding the firmware.  We've invited @RogersSergio@RogersSyd & @RogersBob from our Networking team to participate in this thread.  Your feedback is very valuable and will be used to enhance the firmware before it is released publicly.

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

4,921 REPLIES 4,921

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

ablatt
I plan to stick around

Very quiet here.  7.2.4.1.4b15 has been out now for two months.  Is there going to be a final release, and if so, when?

italstalguy
I'm here a lot

Does anybody know if 7.2.4.1.4b15 solves the inaccessible GUI in bridge mode? Obviously it must be a difficult issue to solve as its been an issue since at least 2019 so hopefully it can be figured out soon.

@italstalguy I'm running 7.2.4.1.4b15 in Bridge mode, and so far, accessing the modem hasn't been an issue.  I logged into the modem after I saw your post, just to make sure.  Fwiw, here's the LAN and WAN uptimes:

LAN Up Time   079 days 16h:47m:36s
WAN Up Time 079 days 16h:49m:03s

Windwalker
I plan to stick around

@italstalguy  I 'm also running 7.2.4.1.4b15 in Bridge mode and no issues accessing the modem.  I also just checked it.  All good.

italstalguy
I'm here a lot

@Windwalker @Datalink That is awesome. Were you both previously having problems with older firmwares? Now I'm wondering if I should join the trial or just wait until it passes the trial. Hopefully it gets pushed to everyone soon.

Windwalker
I plan to stick around

@italstalguy, on previous versions always had trouble logging into the GUI.  Generally no issues with internet access.

This trial is no longer very active so, probably not much point in joining it.  Add to that the fact that they will eventually push everyone to the new Ignite XB6 and XB7 modems.

ybrik
I plan to stick around

Folks, on 7.2.4.1.4b15, the keyword filter just stopped working last week.

I had this keyword filter working last year before 7.2.4.1.4b15 upgrade. I was also able to set the days of the week for it.  I had to figure out the timezone of the modem should be set to Eastern Standard time as the default is UTC.  So it was working after 7.2.4.1.4b15, I didn't even know about this thread and just came across last week due to these issues.

Last week, it just stopped working and then followed by router login password had reverted back to "password". Initially I thought the modem got hacked as I was not able to log in but I figured it out tried the default password.  Only the default password had reverted back and not the settings.

I already reset this router to factory default just to make sure if keyword filter would work, but no luck. Even with the manage in some days of the week setting disabled.

Then yesterday, had issues connecting to wifi. And I noticed the SSID for 2.4GHz was not coming up. So today after checking, the SSID that you put on 2.4 GHz would also be inputted by the GUI on 5GHz.  So I just disabled 2.4GHz for now.

ablatt
I plan to stick around

I find it amazing that a large telecom company like Rogers, pushes a beta firmware, and then does zero follow up in this forum for months.  This is after they solicit feedback.  What is going on?  There have to be thousands of Rogers customers, including business, who still use the CODA.  Is there ever going to be a final release?

Hucklebury
I plan to stick around

Is this still Beta/tester firmware. If so I have it and did NOT ask for it. Also now Im not able to log into Coda anymore. I have it bridged. I have tried 2 factory resets on Coda.

Ping times are 54ms and speed tests are slow on 1Gb package.

If this is Beta firmware. PLEASE remove it from me. Thanks

Hello @Hucklebury,

If possible, can you kindly send us a PM so we can check into this for you and assist further? 

For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

Alborze
I plan to stick around
Hi I’d also like to be removed from the beta firmware and rolled back on Production firmware. It’s like the 20th time I’ve asked and sent messages to the private inbox but somehow I keep getting added back and constantly having issues on this terrible firmware!! I never want to be added on to the firmware trials but somebody from rogers side keeps reversing it and adding my modem back! I’ve had enough now!

ablatt
I plan to stick around

Cannot log in to my Coda 4582 modem in bridge mode at 192.168.100.1 any longer from my Asus RT-AC86U router.  The modem is  on beta firmware 7.2.4.1.4b15.  This worked since the beta was released, up until today. 

I've tried everything including resetting the modem to factory defaults and putting it into bridge mode again.

Why would it stop working all of a sudden? @HitronDave, any idea?

HitronDave
I plan to stick around

Hi all,

I wanted to take a few minutes tonight to provide some updates. As I mentioned in a previous message, I do not have the time to respond to everybody individually. Still, I read the messages and report some items for review and improvement to the Hitron Engineering team.

First and foremost, there are a few mentions of firmware 7.2.4.1.4b15 as a beta firmware. However, I can assure you that this is a production firmware and widely deployed in North America.

Historically, Rogers used a custom version of the firmware. This firmware is a unified code used by all cable companies in North America. This is why there are some minor changes in the GUI compared to the previous production version. Moving forward, all firmwares will be unified as it is a lot easier to keep a consistent experience and ensure that any item reported anywhere in North America gets addressed for everybody.

I see one major trend in this forum, and it is related to accessing the modem GUI while in bridge mode. It seems that some of you are reporting no problem, while some of you have no issue. There is a difference in the way the bridge mode GUI was handled in the Rogers custom firmware vs the Hitron generic firmware, and I suspect that this is the cause of the issue you are seeing. I will have my QA team investigate next week and see if we can make this easier moving forward in a future version.

Windwalker
I plan to stick around

Nice to hear from you Dave.

I had reported not having any issues logging into the GUI and now I cannot log in to my Coda 4582 modem in bridge mode at 192.168.100.1 

I'm also using an Asus RT-AC86U router.

The modem is on  7.2.4.1.4b15. This worked up until just this week.

HitronDave
I plan to stick around

@ablatt @Windwalker To clarify, it worked for both of you on 7.2.4.1.4b15 previously and it stopped working this week?

If so, this is a completely different problem than what I expected. There was a change this week, not in the firmware but rather in some parameters used by Rogers to manage modems and I suspect that this is related. I'll have Hitron QA team validate my theory next week and hopefully provide a temporary workaround.

Hucklebury
I plan to stick around

I have the same setup too,  

I'm also using an Asus RT-AC86U router. I could always log into Coda on the previous version. I started to notice slow speeds/throughput and proceeded to log into Coda. That was unsuccessful so I tried two factory resets on Coda (thats when I noticed the new version). Still no luck

ablatt
I plan to stick around

That's correct.  It worked perfectly for me for the last two months since I got the b15 firmware, and stopped working within the last day or two.

HitronDave
I plan to stick around

Understood! I've documented the issue for review next week.

ybrik
I plan to stick around

Please also look into the issue of keyword filter not working.

HitronDave
I plan to stick around

@ybrik the keyword filtering issue is caused by the omnipresence of IPv6 enabled websites, HTTPs and secured DNS. This makes it very difficult to correctly filter traffic based on simple keyword criteria without a full-fledged online cloud-based security solution. It has gradually allowed more and more traffic to evade the filtering over the years.

Given the false sense of security that this feature provides, we have made the decision to completely remove it starting with firmware 7.2.4.5.2b1.

Windwalker
I plan to stick around

@HitronDave  Yes, I had confirmed two weeks ago everything was working,   This week I can't access the GUI.