Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

We are currently offering our users an exclusive opportunity to participate in an upcoming trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACR, CGN3AMR and CGN3ACSMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). For details of this program, please see this thread.

This thread will be used for feedback regarding the firmware.  We've invited @RogersSergio@RogersSyd & @RogersBob from our Networking team to participate in this thread.  Your feedback is very valuable and will be used to enhance the firmware before it is released publicly.

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

4,921 REPLIES 4,921

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

RogersIan
Product Manager
Product Manager

@ddd12345 @RyzenFX @zardoz99  Can you please let me know what colour the light is on the ethernet port on the back of the modem while you are experiencing the slow speeds vs when you are not.

We have escalated the issue to our vendor.

Really appreciate everyone's assistance in identifying and troubleshooting this issue.

RogersIan

RyzenFX
I'm a reliable contributor

@Datalink Thanks for the reply. I'm on hardware version 2A. I'm running it in bridge mode w/ the Netgear Orbi RBR20 (firmware 2.6.2.104) connected directly to the modem. It is a tri-band mesh solution so it is paired with a satellite (the RBS20) via Wi-Fi and is also running the same firmware as the RBR20. 

@RogersIan Thanks for the reply, I will tag you in a future post with my observations when I catch the issue again.

RyzenFX
I'm a reliable contributor

@RogersIan 

Issue happened again and I checked the ethernet lights behind the modem but they were still flashing amber so it is still negotiating at 1Gbps. I checked the ethernet properties in windows and it states link speed is 1Gbps down/1Gbps up.

ablatt
I plan to stick around
Hardware Version2A
Software Version7.1.1.37

Coda 4582 in bridge mode behind an Asus RT-AC86U running 3.0.0.4.386 ASUS firmware.   After I got the .37 firmware I had some flaky speedtest results.  I did a factory reset on the modem and rebooted my router and I think I've been OK since.  Getting 940/32 on my Gigabit plan.  But I will keep an eye out.

toolcubed
I'm a senior contributor

Hi guys.  I think there's something wrong with the .37 firmware.  I received it too and my speeds, ping, and jitter are all over the place.  I have the 2A hardware revision of the CODA-4582.  It's bridged and I'm using my own Asus RT-AC68U router.  I rebooted the CODA after the firmware update.  At first, speeds and everything were fine.  But then my speeds tanked to about ~60Mbps down.  Upload seemed fine at 15Mbps (I'm on the 150/15 plan).  Pings are well over 50ms and jitter is in the 40-50ms range.  Rebooted the CODA again, which seemed to fix the issues temporarily.  Now the issues are back.  My signal levels and SNR haven't changed with the new firmware...everything looks perfect, even when I'm having the speed/ping/jitter problems.

I'll reboot the CODA again and continue to keep an eye on this, but it sure does feel like the firmware is problematic.

Thanks.

Triple_Helix
I plan to stick around

Well I use mine in Gateway Mode and the light's on the back are:

1. Amber out to my PC

2. Green out to my Smart TV

3. Amber out to my Video Security System

4. Amber out to my Home Theatre Receiver to get updates and Radio Stations

toolcubed
I'm a senior contributor

I think a green light means the ethernet port is operating in 100Mbps mode while amber means 1Gbps mode.

toolcubed
I'm a senior contributor

@RogersIan can I please be reverted back to the .35 firmware?  The new .37 is causing way too many issues for me.  Also, I had asked multiple times in the past to be taken out of the firmware trial group but that doesn't appear to have happened.  I don't want to be part of these trials anymore.  Thanks.

Triple_Helix
I plan to stick around

@toolcubed  good to know!

Thanks,

zardoz99
I plan to stick around
Of course, now that I am watching for the next occurrence, it's not happened since my last report... I'll keep monitoring.

rjmaxim
I plan to stick around

@RogersIan 

Yesterday after Modem reboot….Speeds stable at 700Mbps except Upload at 15.

This morning 10/10 on all speed tests…Amber out to Router.

After Reboot...Speeds Stabilized except upload still very low.

Modem: Coda 4582-U

H/W:  1A

S/W:   7.1.1.37

Bridge Mode

Router: Linksys WRT 3200ACM

BEFORE REBOOTSpeed A.jpg

AFTER REBOOT

After Modem RebootAfter Modem Reboot

RogersIan
Product Manager
Product Manager

Any chance one of you are experiencing the 10Mbps slow speeds right now?

There are a couple of items we need to check remotely if so.

Thanks,
RogersIan

hoek
I plan to stick around
Sorry to hijack. Is the current production level 7.1.1.33 accurate on page 1?

I ask because I was told a firmware rollback goes to current production level and I would rather stick with 7.1.1.35.

fd123
I plan to stick around

you are on the current production 7.1.1.33, .35 was the previous beta.

zardoz99
I plan to stick around

@RogersIan

We have a new different scenario now. Speed dropped to 10/10 sometime during the afternoon.

An admin reboot did NOT fix it.

Ethernet is amber.

Front modem lights are green, white, white, green, flashing-green. (top to bottom).

I'll leave it like this for a couple of hours in case you want to remote access the modem.

Please let me know if you do not intend to use this opportunity and I will retry rebooting it. 

DOCSIS Logs

The DOCSIS event logs are shown here

No.TimeTypePriorityEvent
105/14/2021 13:49:0082000200CriticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=64:77:7d:xx:yy:60;CMTS-MAC=00:17:10:90:cb:1d;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
205/14/2021 16:30:1982001200WarningRNG-RSP CCAP Commanded Power in Excess of 6 dB Below the Value Corresponding to the Top of the DRW;CM-MAC=64:77:7d:65:xx:yy;CMTS-MAC=00:17:10:90:cb:1d;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
305/14/2021 19:43:3982000200CriticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=64:77:7d:65:xx:yy;CMTS-MAC=00:17:10:90:cb:1d;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
405/14/2021 20:11:4490000000WarningMIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1;CM-MAC=64:77:7d:65:7xx:yy;CMTS-MAC=00:17:10:90:cb:1d;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
505/14/2021 20:11:4882001200WarningRNG-RSP CCAP Commanded Power in Excess of 6 dB Below the Value Corresponding to the Top of the DRW;CM-MAC=64:77:7d:65:xx:yy;CMTS-MAC=00:17:10:90:cb:1d;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
605/14/2021 20:11:5866030111AlertCM Certificate Error;CM-MAC=64:77:7d:65:xx:yy;CMTS-MAC=00:17:10:90:cb:1d;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

zardoz99
I plan to stick around

@RogersIan- sorry, too late. It's auto recovered now to normal speed.

What I don't understand is why the speed after recovery from 10/10 now exceeds my theoretical cap for a 250 Mbps service. I'm now hitting 472/21.5.

Huh? A retest is now at 495/21.4. The cap is all over the place. 

toolcubed
I'm a senior contributor
I was reverted to .35 and everything is stable and back to normal. There’s definitely something wrong with .37…at least for me.

For what it’s worth, for the last few months, my speeds have been waaaaaay higher than my plan. I’m on the 150/15 plan but I consistently clock 480-560 down. It has nothing to do with .37 firmware.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@toolcubed wrote:
For what it’s worth, for the last few months, my speeds have been waaaaaay higher than my plan. I’m on the 150/15 plan but I consistently clock 480-560 down.

I am seeing the same exaggerated results on speed tests with Ignite 150u but my download speeds still top out at 200 Mb/s.

toolcubed
I'm a senior contributor
I thought it was exaggerated too and perhaps temporary due to speed boost or something like that, but I normally get sustained download speeds between 350 and 400 Mbps when downloading games from Xbox Game Pass.

Windwalker
I plan to stick around

On .37 and I thought everything was good.

About ten minutes ago I noticed strange behaviour and checked my speed.  10mbps down and 10 up. 

I rebooted through the modem settings.  Back to normal again, but this version is faulty.

Too many issues noted on this thread.

Please reset me to .35

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This may seem crazy but I'm wondering if the Ethernet connection to your modem is dropping down to 10 Mb/s and that is why you are seeing that specific slow speed.  The next time this happens, try unplugging the Ethernet cable to your modem, wait a few seconds, then plug it back in again and retest.

FYI, a similar thing happened a few weeks ago to an Ignite Internet customer who reported, Getting less than 100Mbps on Gigabit Package.