Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

We are currently offering our users an exclusive opportunity to participate in an upcoming trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACR, CGN3AMR and CGN3ACSMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). For details of this program, please see this thread.

This thread will be used for feedback regarding the firmware.  We've invited @RogersSergio@RogersSyd & @RogersBob from our Networking team to participate in this thread.  Your feedback is very valuable and will be used to enhance the firmware before it is released publicly.

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

4,921 REPLIES 4,921

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

ablatt
I plan to stick around

Christmas has come and gone 🙂  What's happening with this new CODA-4582 firmware that was imminent?

RogersIan
Product Manager
Product Manager

We will be pushing 7.1.1.35 out tonight to all Coda-4582 trial members.

Patches in this build include:

-VPN stability improvements

-NAT Loopback fix

-Managed Router fixes

-Telemetry updates

Please let me know if you run into any issues with the upgrade or while on the new firmware.

Thanks,

RogersIan

Received the new firmware update this morning around 0115.  So far it seems to be running stable.  Will have to report back in a couple days to see if the login page keeps responding or not.  Thanks for the updates.

RogersIan
Product Manager
Product Manager

Thanks @DragonSpyre .

The login page issue is not expected to be resolved in this build, but it would be a pleasant surprise.

RogersIan

hoek
I plan to stick around

I've been out of the loop a while and forget... are we supposed to power cycle the modem after new firmware?

Also, all that's really ever bothered me about this modem is throughput to my work VPN that if I remember was a Puma chipset issue.  So I'll check that when I get a chance.

lethalsniper
I'm an enthusiast
Any benefits for for gamers with the new firmware?

blues_clues
I plan to stick around

@RogersIan 

Can we get the release notes updated for 7.1.1.35 on page 1, please?

eyeeifmx
I plan to stick around

I got the updated 7.1.1.35 firmware as well as night. Things were working fine this morning though I could not get into the modem interface, so I had to unplug and plug the modem from power so that it would reboot and I could get to the modem interface so that I could see I had the new firmware. I've been having a few issues lately

1. Randomly would get disconnected, sometimes only once a day and sometimes a few times a day for about 30 sec to 1 min.  Modem uplink and downlink are both blue at this time and no errors show up in the modem logs. The symptom I'd see during an occurance is that if I am on a video conference, I can still see and hear everyone, but I am frozen to them and they can't hear me. So it seems I can receive but not send.   I'm running pingplotter on another machine and I do see that it can not reach 8.8.8.8.

2.  Can not log into the modem interface. So far, I can get back in, but sometimes it takes a few hours, sometimes it takes a day before I lose my ability to log into the modem.

So far the only thing that I've noticed is that ping times to gateway are a little longer.  I thought I'd usually see around 15 ms but I am seeing around 21-24 ms.  Don't know if it is related to the firmware upgrade or not.

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

@RogersIan 

Do we have a chance to see D3.1 upload in 2021 ?

I'd really like to see higher upload speed soon.

rjmaxim
I plan to stick around

Received 7.1.1.35 update at 6:00 this morning. Surprisingly, no sign-in issues, other than System time is still showing incorrect as in previous releases. The .33 release was intermittent for me.....Average speed on 1GB service around 750Mbps...... but annoyingly on a ZOOM call or other video conferencing App, I get a "No connection" or "Speed Too Low" with speeds trickling between 0 - 5Mbps, then after 5 minutes or so its back. Also affected Netflix and Apple TV streaming.....Both extremely annoying. Hopefully, this release will be better.Modem Login.jpg   

Triple_Helix
I plan to stick around

Not the greatest Upload:

2021-01-05_13-48-12.png2021-01-05_13-48-53.png

fd123
I plan to stick around

Speeds are good here on the new firmware:

Ping: 8ms

Jitter: 2ms

Down: 945.6Mbps

Up: 32.67  (wish it was faster... 😉

blues_clues
I plan to stick around

My initial findings on 7.1.1.35

- No performance issues (940mbps/30mbps), latency is fine

- All my WiFi plugs failed on the 2.4Ghz band after a while. Even toggling the radio off/on or switching the channels had no effect. My workaround is to turn on my RPi hotspot, which is bulletproof.

- Still no ability to manually change IPv6 DNS. Workaround is to only run IPv4 on the modem

- "Connected Devices/Refresh" sometime hangs. This happened on older firmware too. Reboot is only fix.

7.1.1.35 firmware with 2.0.10.36T6 feature set would be the best marriage IMHO.

hoek
I plan to stick around

Interesting.  My upload seems to consistently max out at 15mbps.  Download fine.

blues_clues
I plan to stick around

I have also noticed a change to, "Operate", in the OFDMA section.  Not sure if this mode is for testing or production.

OFDM/OFDMA Overview

Channel IndexStatelin Digital AttDigital AttBW (sc's*fft)Report PowerReport Power1_6FFT Size
0OPERATE0.15447.205639.200047.141733.25002K
1DISABLED0.00000.00000.00000.00000.00002K

RogersIan
Product Manager
Product Manager

@JohnBeaudin  We have OFDMA enabled in different areas of the network now.

Just not network wide yet.

The "OPERATE" state is an indication it is enabled and in use.

Channel IndexStatelin Digital AttDigital AttBW (sc's*fft)Report PowerReport Power1_6FFT Size
0OPERATE0.15447.205639.200047.141733.25002K
1DISABLED0.00000.00000.00000.00000.00002K

Thanks,

RogersIan

eyeeifmx
I plan to stick around

I'm pleasantly surprised that after the firmware upgrade with the modem in bridged mode, several days have passed and I am still able to log into the CODA modem.  Also my logs have been clean the last 3 days (no new entries) which is a bit unusual as I haven't seen any No Ranging Response, CMTS timeout nor CM Certificate errors since the upgrade.  I don't know if this is an improvement due to a ticket I have opened and they have been monitoring my connection. 

fd123
I plan to stick around

I've noticed the same things.  Especially happy about being able to log in whenever again.  A lot of unnoted things must have been fixed this round.

ablatt
I plan to stick around

In the past (pre .35), I've noticed the errors drop off after a few days.  This is either intentional or a bug.  Reboot the modem and see if the errors are back after a while.

@RogersIan wrote:

@JohnBeaudin  We have OFDMA enabled in different areas of the network now.

Just not network wide yet.

The "OPERATE" state is an indication it is enabled and in use.

Channel Index State lin Digital Att Digital Att BW (sc's*fft) Report Power Report Power1_6 FFT Size
0 OPERATE 0.1544 7.2056 39.2000 47.1417 33.2500 2K
1 DISABLED 0.0000 0.0000 0.0000 0.0000 0.0000 2K

Thanks,

RogersIan

@RogersIan 

Is OFDMA upload only being enabled on the Hitron equipment, what about the XB6? 

blues_clues
I plan to stick around

@RogersIan 

The internet today has been very flaky. Wireless, and Wired LAN ports going up and down intermittently.  Had to reboot at least twice today.  Also, the DOCSIS Event log bug prevents me from seeing any event around these failures.  Can the "cusadmin" user be assigned a different logging level for the testers?