Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

We are currently offering our users an exclusive opportunity to participate in an upcoming trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACR, CGN3AMR and CGN3ACSMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). For details of this program, please see this thread.

This thread will be used for feedback regarding the firmware.  We've invited @RogersSergio@RogersSyd & @RogersBob from our Networking team to participate in this thread.  Your feedback is very valuable and will be used to enhance the firmware before it is released publicly.

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

4,921 REPLIES 4,921

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

soundwave80
I plan to stick around
Latest firmware seems to be stable , is there any plans in the works to tackle the bufferbloat problem?

WestPoint
I plan to stick around

So I know that I have been, less than vocal, as of late.

Unfortunately, thats the downfall of running a business, getting into an online forum for somthing like this, is not a high priority most of my time.

That said, I doo feel the need too come back online and say a few things once again.

Firstly, I am seeing improvements to both the networks and the firmware, so Rogers' team is not doing NOTHING about this issues.

That said, I am still experiencing serious issues on a near daily basis, that are becoming impossible too ignore if Rogers isnt going to upgrade from FTTN to FTTH; and even that upgrade might not be enough to keep my business any longer.

On a daily basis, I loose my wifi connections, they just disappear, and the lights turn off and they dont broadcast, and then begin to broadcast intermittantely and refuse all connections. Only resolution is to unplug modem and plug back in.

That restart is its own issue as well; If I dont remove all of the other items connected to the Coda, 4 ethernets and the usb 4tb hdd, and i just unplug and restart the Coda, or if the power fails and im not pressent, the device will ALWAYS hang after having the internet light goes blue, and it gets to the local network, it will not assign ANY ip addresses to any device that was booted up before the Coda began assigning ips. as in my desktop, smart home system, printer, and a senior citizens life alert system, which all boot up in a matter of seconds after power failure, the Coda will not assign them IPs and the modem hangs, with the internet light blue and active, but just leaves the local lan light flashing away forever and never turning on the wifi at all... basically leaving a modem running, wasting power, putting out heat and radiation, but refusing to actually do what it was designed to do, and supply internet thru the router to the devices and re-establish my network as it should do automatically.

This is my deal breaker. If the power fails and Im not around to manually unplug everything and reboot the modem and then plug it all back it so that the network is actually running, that not only leaves a senior citizen without a life saving device that specifically is meant too safe guard her life, which on its own is enough of a reason to leave Rogers for Bells' Battery Backup FFTH network with full 1Gbps up/down, but it also leaves my business non-fuctional and inoperable, as well as my home phone VOIP services.... And I can not tolerate this anymore.

Not only is Rogers failing to provide service that I have now being paying for for over 1 year, almost 2, but they are causing undue and needless disruption and harm to my business and too my life. That being said, my letter the the CRTC has already been sent reguarding Rogers business practices, and lack of ANY effort to reach out to those of us who have even tried too help with beta testing and offer us ANY kind of financial restitution, only deaf ears, non-rogers employees dealing with the forums, and constant service disprutions and devices that fail too meet any kind of true standard of the agreement of service that is immplied with a corporation such as this.

Rogers, you've beaten down the little guy for far too long, and I wont stand for it much more... Bell has reached out many times, in person, at my door, with answers to my questions about their eventual upgrade to IPv6 and such, and they have always taken my additional questions and come back with vaild explanations and timelines; The same cannot be said about Rogers. not only do you not reach out to us with time lines, Rogers fails to even update the beta testers with information 3/4 of the time, and 1/2 the time page 1 of this very forum is not even updated for days or even weeks after a firmware has been pushed out; AND when the most recent firmware HAS been rolled out, its been rolled back, almost every time, and even now, the current "stable" release is still limiting almost of speed, increasing latency, AND i've noticed more and more, that the Coda does not automatically attempt connections to the best available server, but to the closest, some closer local nodes not directly owned by rogers, may be just that, closer, but it does NOT mean that that server is capable of Gigabit speeds, and being on Gigabit service and paying for it for so long, i feel like I should NEVER be forced onto a slower server, which has happend alot, ive even droped below 300Mbps sustatined speed a bunch, if the node 1km further away is capable of providing me gigabit service fully and sustained without issue. 

All of which leads back too, tho Rogers is and has been doing SOMTHING about the issues around their network and hardware, THEY ARE NOT DOING ENOUGH, and I think its time a Rogers Employee gives us an answer for they're lack of responsibility and accountability and disregards for thos of us who have been not been given the services we pay for, for so long now. Not a Community Resident Expert, a real, Senior Rogers Network Architect.

And believe me, this post can and will find its way thru social media......

noziel
I plan to stick around

What is the progress with 4.5.8.39T2?, is there a new release slated to come out that addresses the modem reboot?

User1445713
I plan to stick around
I have CODA with 36T4. DHCP table is limited to 10 entries. 11th device in the table gets sequential IP from the pool with label DHCP reserved.

mf152
I plan to stick around

I've been having nothing but troubles with 2.0.10.36T4.  This is the first trial firmware that I would rather not have received.  Any way to go back to production version? Some examples:

1) Can't connect, have to reboot the modem to fix

2) Losing 5g, only 2.4G, have to reboot the modem to fix

AOD999
I plan to stick around
@mf152
Hate to break it to you. 36T4 is production now.

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

The forum has been dead for weeks, The production version of the coda is nowhere perfect. I have to reboot my modem almost every day. Can we have updates? is a new firmware being worked on? how long until D3.1? 

RogersIan
Product Manager
Product Manager

@noziel

Thank you for your patience while we work towards our next release candidate for the AC Family of devices.

Since the 39T2 code we have gone through a few revisions, but during each certification we have found bugs which prevented us from deploying to the Community

The good news is we are currently testing 39T5 and hoping to be able to push it out to our Community testers by the weekend.

Fixes in 39T5:

Modem reboots

IPv6 connectivity

Wi-Fi stability

RogersIan

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

@RogersIan

What about the CODA Modem?

noziel
I plan to stick around

Thank you appreciate it.   Please lets also make sure it does not introduce any issues in Bridge mode.   

RogersIan
Product Manager
Product Manager

@JohnBeaudin

Sorry to hear you are experiencing connectivity issues. We are currently certifying 36T5 for the CODA, which is looking good so far. As long as nothing pops up we expect to be able to push this code out to our community forums testers in the coming days.

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

@RogersIan

Thanks for the update, I can't wait to test out 36T5.

futurelgcy
I plan to stick around

@RogersIan What about the YouTube  4k  streaming issues? It's been over a year with no updates or answers meanwhile still being on a gigabit plan that hardly reaches 500 Mbps.

CChilderhose
I plan to stick around

I too look forward to testing 36T5 for the CODA.  Had a reboot of my modem yesterday for no reason on 36T4.

@CChilderhose are you running the modem in Gateway mode and in Dual Stack mode (IPV4 + IPV6).  Just curious at this point.  

CChilderhose
I plan to stick around

No I am running it in Bridge Mode as I bought a new D-Link DIR-882 router to use for Wi-Fi for some of my devices in my home.

@futurelgcy here's a suggestion for you.  Call tech support and ask the Customer Service Rep what the QAM level is for your OFDM channel.  Version 36T4 added Multi-Profile support, which allows the modem to run variable QAM levels in the OFDM channel.  There isn't any indication at the present time on the user display to show that level, as there is for the DOCSIS 3.0 channels.  That QAM level will in part be a reflection of the noise in the OFDM channel.  The lower the noise level, the higher the QAM should be.  Don't quote me on this but I suspect that the highest QAM level for now on the Roger network might be 1024.  I'm wondering what QAM level your modem is running at if you're only seeing 500 Mb/s.  You could also ask if there is any indication of noise in the OFDM channel. 

Here's a reference page that shows the range of the Variable Modulation Profiles:

https://www.incognito.com/a-technical-guide-to-docsis-3-1-and-beyond-part-2-technical-advantages/

arnym21
I plan to stick around

Given the above FW shortcomings, is there a thread discussing newer Rogers modems currently shipped to customers with Gigabit or 500 Mbps internet sub? Or its still CODA only? Another question is, can customers now buy these modems from Rogers or elsewhere, or its still rental only? If only rental, is there a way to get rental fee discount or waved altogether for Rogers new firmware trial participants as suffering from FW errors and helping Rogers?

Any other grounds for modem rental fee discount or wave - may be its a part of some promos? Does modem rental fee vary by model, and to what degree?

WestPoint
I plan to stick around

@Datalink @arnym21 @User1445713 @RogersIan 

Firstly, I agree with arnym21, given these excessive and continued issues with the CODA FW, should, or couldnt Rogers be waiving the rental fees, atleast for the Beta testers? 

Next, Id also like to point out the same issue as @User1445713, the DHCP Reservation Table may be able to store more than 10 reservations, but as soon as it begins to assing the 11th or above, they go randomly in sequency of device connection while still stating DHCP Reserved, but assinging the wrong IP.... like come'on, this has been an issue for me since day one, and I cant believe nothings been fixed, and now others are telling you the same thing, I think you guys need to do alot more testing before you release your firmwares and make sure they meet the standard that your customers actually WANT, not what you think they want, based on some study over 7 years ago or somthing....

Today is Today, not Yesterday; So stop thinking about the past and start looking at the future

RogersIan
Product Manager
Product Manager

Tonight we begin pushing 36T5 code out to our CODA community testers. 

This build addresses a modem re-registration issue.

We look forward to your feedback.

Triple_Helix
I plan to stick around

@RogersIan wrote:

Tonight we begin pushing 36T5 code out to our CODA community testers. 

This build addresses a modem re-registration issue.

We look forward to your feedback.

Right on!