FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

On firmware 34t6 I was getting 200 down and 20up , now I'm on 36t4 and get 250 down and 5 up . Also my bufferbloat went from a D grade to an F.
Does a factory reset put me on regular firmware?
I'm also getting packet loss as high as 15%
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@soundwave80 if you haven't done it already, restart/reboot the modem.  Pull the power, wait 10 to 15 seconds and plug it back in again to force a restart/reboot.

Edit:  there is a reboot scheduled into a firmware update.  I've always found that an additional "user initiated" reboot, at a minimum should be done.  I believe that the firmware check that is included in the production firmware is turned off for trial builds, so, the factory reset might not do anything at the moment.  I believe thats a recent change, but don't quote me on that on as I very rarely go back to the production firmware version.  For production firmware updates, I usually ran another factory reset to ensure that the modem behaved as it should.  The same idea applies to running a second reboot for trial firmware. 

I Plan to Stick Around

@Datalink @soundwave80

I had the same issue with around 15-20% packet loss & reboot fixed it.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks to both of you! , reboot of the modem and router put my upload back up and fixed the packet loss. Unfortunately I'm still getting very high bufferbloat but it was high before the firmware change.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

On 36T4 firmware with the CODA 4582, speedtests are 15ms ping 650D/30U

Prior to the trial firmware I was hitting  6ms ping 900D/30U regularly.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@X-Nemesis please read the following post, which is sitting on the same page, above your current post:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/FEEDBACK-Rogers-Rocket-Wi-Fi-Modem-Firmware-Trial/m-p/...

I Plan to Stick Around

Is .36T4 now the production version of firmware for the CODA?  I just got it sent today without asking.

I was on .36T4 for a brief while weeks ago, but had asked to be reverted to .34T6, which I remained on up until today. 

I'm not sure if I'm in the beta program or not.

I Plan to Stick Around

If you were on 36T4 then you are on the beta program!

Production is 34T6.

You would have asked to be on the beta program and it will be in your sent messages...

Product Manager
Product Manager

@ablatt 36T4 is now the production version

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@RogersGordon

I rebooted my modem and I am still on 2.0.10.34T6

Not on 36T4.

I was on the beta program before but I had to switch my modem because it was defective.