FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

@RogersGordon

Hello, I hope you are having a nice day, can you please check if you can push the 36T4 firmware to my modem? Thanks a lot!

I Plan to Stick Around

new firmware is much better than previous stable betas , getting finaly over 600Mbps on my speed tests, but still not cracking 700 or higher, done 3 tests yesterday and 3 today....

Havnt done much other testing just yet, just going on vacation for a week and wanted to let ppl here know what my results have been since the push, roll back, push, rollback, push that went on for like 2/3 days of my firmware switching back and forth.... 

ALSO noticed the DOCSIS event log cleared itself??? was this from with firmware flash or is it a sign of another issue?

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersGordon

Please add me to the list for the new firmware.

Chris

I'm a Regular

@RogersGordon what has changed with this new firmware ? I find online performance has got worse with this new firmware it was better when on other firmware games feel slow and getting lag spikes now what has changed?
I Plan to Stick Around

What happened to Sergio?  After all his posts about commitment to this forum, it seems like he's disappeared.

And what's the story with multi-profile OFDM and how he said it was required at the CMTS before anybody could get .36T2 or .36T4?  It seems everybody who asks now gets it.

And why isn't page 1 of this post updated with new firmware versions/changelogs?  Isn't it somebody's job to do it?

And people who get .36T4 pushed and do a factory reset, now stay at .36T4 instead of reverting to the production version.  Is that the new policy?

I don't know if anybody else is having this problem, but I can only now post to this forum using Safari.  With both Firefox and Chrome I can't log in.

I Plan to Stick Around

New firmware 36T4 for me downgraded my 1GB service by 10x so it is worse.  Trying to get the 34T6 back on my modem as I cannot work like this for my job at home.

Hoping @RogersGordon gets my PM and reverts me.  🙂

I'm a Regular

Yea same here playing online with the Xbox one was a lot better before ... I would like to be placed back to my older firmware please this one is not working out for me. I know something has changed please put me back to 36T2 please.
I Plan to Stick Around

I like .36T4 as it ameliorates the DNLA issues I have experienced.

Product Manager
Product Manager

The primary benefit of 36T4 is to allow the modem to change OFDM modulation profile in the presence of RF impairment. It also fixes an upstream utilization issue introduced in 35T1 that caused us to roll back.

G

Highlighted
Product Manager
Product Manager

Hi @ablatt

Sergio has definitely not disappeared but he's working on multiple production issues so we're going to be tag-teaming the firmware program to make sure we can respond in a more timely manner.

Over half of the network now supports multiple profiles and will be completed in 2 weeks so we made the decision to proceed with allowing the new firmware on single profile areas for firmware trial participants only. Even though the full benefit won't be realized until the cmts has complementary multiple profile support, this would still be an improvement to the current implementation because it will allow the modem to drop ofdm more effectively in the presence of impairment and maintain higher throughput.

The changelogs will be updated but no it isn't a direct accountability at the moment. Apologies for the delay.

Upgrade on boot is not current enabled in the config so factory reset will not revert to previous code.

Regarding the forums I believe there are some technical issues with .com right now that there's an open ticket for (I had to use Incognito).

Hope that helps

G