Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

We are currently offering our users an exclusive opportunity to participate in an upcoming trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACR, CGN3AMR and CGN3ACSMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). For details of this program, please see this thread.

This thread will be used for feedback regarding the firmware.  We've invited @RogersSergio@RogersSyd & @RogersBob from our Networking team to participate in this thread.  Your feedback is very valuable and will be used to enhance the firmware before it is released publicly.

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

4,921 REPLIES 4,921

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

@RogersSergio

I am very interested to test the new firmware for the CODA as soon as it's available. Thanks for the update.

Hi @RogersSergio

Please include me in the first group for the CODA update (36T2).  You can fire that out to my modem at any time. 

xenoguy
I plan to stick around

Does the update to a newer Intel SDK fix some of the issues reported with the puma 6/7 chipsets?  the CODA-4582 has a puma 7 right?

@xenoguy the 4582 is an Intel Puma 7 modem.  This update will only retain the current Intel SDK.  Its not the next version of the SDK for the Puma 7 modem.  

The Puma 6 and 7 modems are different modems, probably the same conceptual design, but the Puma 7 uses newer generation processors.  The XB6 used by the Ignite TV service is also an Intel Puma 7 modem, in this case, manufactured by Arris.  The CGN3xxx (Puma 6) and 4582 (Puma 7) modems are manufactured by Hitron.  

Intel has been working on both Puma 6 and 7 firmware to correct the observed problems, the bigger question is whether or not Intel has managed to solve all of the latency issues for TCP/IP, UDP and ICMP for both IPV4 and IPV6 for all of the CGN3xxx (Puma 6) modems. 

mozerd
I plan to stick around

@RogersSergio

Please include me for the first group for the CODA update (36T2).  You can fire that out to my modem at any time. 

Thanks

David Mozer
IT-Expert on Call

AOD999
I plan to stick around
@RogersSergio put me down on the list for both. The AC account I have does suffer that issue often with the wifi dropping and it’s acting as gateway.

My CODA Account is a bridge device and I would look forward to the firmware push as well.

Triple_Helix
I plan to stick around

@RogersSergio  please add me to the CODA update (36T2) as well.

DRayEdge
I plan to stick around

put me on the list as well

wpak
I'm here a lot

Please include me in the firmware trial list.

Triple_Helix
I plan to stick around

RyzenFX
I'm a reliable contributor

@RogersSergio I'd also like to be put on the list to get .36T2 early. Anytime works. Smiley Happy

futurelgcy
I plan to stick around
include me for the CODA update (36T2) firmware, Thx.

Makaveli99
I plan to stick around

@RogersSergio Add me to the list as well for 36T2 thanks.

Vikentieff
I plan to stick around

@RogersSergio Add me to the list as well for 36T2 thanks.

colton30
I plan to stick around

@RogersSergio

I would also like to be included in the CODA update (36T2)

Thank You

sgardner2088
I'm here a lot

I know this an old discussion but on the current firmware 4.5.8.33: Was the KRACK vulnerabity fixed in this or a prior build?  It probably was but wanted to check. 

@RogersMargaret wrote:

Hello Community,

We are currently offering our users an exclusive opportunity to participate in an upcoming trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACR, CGN3AMR and CGN3ACSMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). For details of this program, please see this thread.

This thread will be used for feedback regarding the firmware.  We've invited @RogersSergio@RogersSyd & @RogersBob from our Networking team to participate in this thread.  Your feedback is very valuable and will be used to enhance the firmware before it is released publicly.

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

hoopdogg
I plan to stick around

@RogersSergio

Please add me to CODA 36T2 update list also.

Phexon
I plan to stick around

@RogersSergi

Please add me to CODA 36T2 update list also.

LeaxDash
I've been here awhile

@RogersSergio

Please include me in the CODA 36T2 update also.

@RogersSergio

Please include me in the update for the CODA 36T2

RyzenFX
I'm a reliable contributor

@RogersSergio I was reading up on the newest notes for .36T2 and it mentions an OFDM multi-profile support update, which is tied to a network change. 

Can you clarify on what this OFDM multi-profile support update is going to improve on and what the network change is? Is this update the update that is supposed to improve the stability of OFDM on the downstream (as mentioned before)- and does this update bring us closer to 3.1 on the upstream?