Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

We are currently offering our users an exclusive opportunity to participate in an upcoming trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACR, CGN3AMR and CGN3ACSMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). For details of this program, please see this thread.

This thread will be used for feedback regarding the firmware.  We've invited @RogersSergio@RogersSyd & @RogersBob from our Networking team to participate in this thread.  Your feedback is very valuable and will be used to enhance the firmware before it is released publicly.

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

4,921 REPLIES 4,921

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

stepy2015
I plan to stick around
For me 3 days then reboot

vulture
I plan to stick around

Hi Rogers,

This was raised earlier by few others other than me as well however I would like to follow up.

We observe that DLNA connectivity between smart tvs and media players seem to sporadically fail. I was hoping to deliver logs from router itself however it was confirmed by rogers that is not possible.

Can you please create a test lab scenario to identify and fix the issues that may be impacting DLNA connectivity between devices in same local network ?

Thanks

deus
I plan to stick around

I have that type of DNLA connection loss/reboot problem  with a Samsung TV (2017) on this and prior sw versions.

(Windows 10 has limited DNLA built in) .Samsung's current DNLA software is Smart View (SV).

The problem is five or six times a week, when I open SV, it cannot detect the TV.  A reboot reestablishes the connection however.

mcsandy
I plan to stick around

Does anyone else notice really poor streaming on auto quality? It's like the bandwidth cant keep up so it constantly drops from 1080p to 360p. It's not buffering though its just down scaling. 

User1445713
I plan to stick around

CODA firmware 2.0.10.34T6

Modem was on solid for 3 weeks until power went out last Friday. No issue with speed degradation either on 1GB account. Streaming Netflix at 4K Dolby Vision without any issues.

1. My only complain is DHCP reservation is limited to 10 entries only. Next device in the table will get random number.

2. When LAN connected devices drop port speed from 1GB to 100 or 10 during stand by or power off mode CODA drops them from "Connected devices list" making impossible to wake them up or reach from Internet side.

c0d3r
I've been here awhile

4 days after rebooted the modem, this morning I can't connect to modem interface again.

Shafeen
I plan to stick around

Any update on fixing the issues with this beta?

cflat
I plan to stick around

Same. Every few days the interface stops responding and I've experienced degraded performance. 

I've created a cron job now that reboots the modem nightly to work around this. yay?

stepy2015
I plan to stick around

How did you create the chron job?

mozerd
I plan to stick around

@RogersSergio

Any chance you could please provide an ETA for firmware that fixes the 192.168.100.1 access issue?

Rebooting the Modem no longer works to temporarily fix it  for me --- I am now completely locked out unless I reset to factory default.

My CODA is in Bridge mode. Thanks

David Mozer
IT-Expert on Call

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

Hi Community,

It would be so nice to have some updates ( just like in the RogersDave era)

-is IPTV coming soon? (ETA?)

-is D3.1 Upload in the work, when can we expect to see it rolling

Would be nice to have real answers, not things like it's in the work stay tuned, but remember when RogersDave was giving us actual information, I do really miss him.

Square
I'm a reliable contributor

Yes, 100% AGREE!!  Also why can't I give thumbs up to posts?  Never works!

Daphoid
I've been here awhile

Here here!

In an unrelated is the new (it's like a year old now isn't it) modem worth upgrading over the CGM.....something something modem they used to hand out for Gigabit before the Hitron White Tower of Doom?

Currently seeing 50-600/50 pretty reliably in gigaabit in downtown Toronto (saw 750-900 at the beginning). Pondering downgrading to the 500 Mbps package to save money if I can't get the speeds in question.

But, if upgrading to the big white modem will help I'll do it. Just don't want to go through the hassle if it's still in beta as it seems to be.

- D

DRayEdge
I plan to stick around

looks like my coda modem just updated to 2.0.10.35T1. any patch notes?

AOD999
I plan to stick around

Still on .34T6 here

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

Still on .46

WestPoint
I plan to stick around

whom ever said there on .46 i assume thats not the CODA?

Anyways, on 34T6... had an 18day uptime, which is amazing in itself considering the last 1.5years with this device...

This firmware has been much better thus far but is far from perfect....

Im still seeing issues with the DHCP not assinging correct IPs over 10 devices, and massive degridation on sistained connections.....

the admins should be familiar with my setup, ive posted alot below about it, but basically I put Gigabit service to the test last week..... I setup my desktop to connect to my friends desktop with even better specs, but needless to say, we both have 16GB RAM and very fast computers, with rogers gigabit service... we connected them with a VPN mesh network and went to work testing file transfer speeds.... we tried to spend a fake temporary file with a 50GB size from my desktop to his, and we noticed nothing but hat we are calling Rogers HeartBeat now.... the singal would jump dramatically from the top rang of my upload to almost nothing and then climb back up, and then do it again and again, as if we were watching a heart rate machine in the hospital....

Basically, Im trying to say the either the CODA modems or somthing within Rogers network itself is not capable of keeping sustained Gigabit connections, or even close to it.... I even tried with a 12GB file, uploaded too Google Drive, and then tried to re-download the file and see the same issue... mind you I have a much larger download speed on that test but it still does not reach anywhere near gigabit speed nor does it stay near 600Mbps where is like to hover, it jumps rapidly and fequently from 600 too 100 too 350 too 750 too 100 again all in seconds.....

That kind of unstability is why every is unable to keep conecctions on their games, including myself, and also not helped by the DHCP not being able to handle the clients IPs and data rates....

My suggestion... Rogers needs to Replace the CODA with Fibre modems and run Fibre into our homes like Bell, this messing around for 2 years to get Gigabit, KIND OF working thru Coax is just ridiculous at this point. In fact, I've decided to give Rogers until then end of this summer, Sept 30, to get the issues fixed, or get new modems, or Im leaving and taking my service to Bell because loyalty to Rogers doesnt seem to be getting us anywhere and my one friends with Bell Fibre has perfect speed tests and has never has a service inturruption or had a site load in Mobile View because the signal is so garbage the network think im on a phone not a desktop.... these are unacceptable issues in this day and age, esspecially with having had these modems out for so long, all these issues should have been found thru testing by the manufacturer or Rogers BEFORE getting people to upgrade and pay out-the-butt for services we havnt recieved.... 1.5 years of paying for gigabit and I havnt had even 1 full 30day period where I feel like my service was acutally Gigabit or worth what I was paying for it, but calling in for a discount is pointless because they dont even give any good discount, maybe $10/15 if I complain alot, but that isnt even close to how much I feel cheated at this point by Rogers....

Like I said, 4 months, end of September, and personally, Im changing services if I dont have stable gaming and proper, testable, gigabit service being supplied to me continuosly for more than a week.....

cflat
I plan to stick around

@stepy2015 wrote:

How did you create the chron job?

Here's the script I use for rebooting the modem programatically:

#!/bin/sh
USERNAME=cusadmin
PASSWORD=somesecrets
curl http://192.168.100.1/goform/login -d "user=$USERNAME&pws=$PASSWORD" -c rogers.txt -b rogers.txt -o /dev/null -s
curl http://192.168.100.1/goform/Reboot -d "model=%7B%22reboot%22%3A%221%22%7D" -c rogers.txt -b rogers.txt -o /dev/null -s

My cron job just runs ~2am

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

Sorry I meant 34T6

mozerd
I plan to stick around

@mozerd wrote:

@RogersSergio

Any chance you could please provide an ETA for firmware that fixes the 192.168.100.1 access issue?

Rebooting the Modem no longer works to temporarily fix it  for me --- I am now completely locked out unless I reset to factory default.

My CODA is in Bridge mode. Thanks

@RogersSergio

I have discovered that my current blacklist is blocking 192.168.0.0/16 which is the reason that I lost access to 192.168.100.1 .... Please accept my apologies .... after I created a specific rule to accept  the modem access was restored.

My current blacklist is blocking over 600 million IP addresses .... and I totally forgot to consider the cable modem as an exception. Smiley Wink

David Mozer
IT-Expert on Call

cflat
I plan to stick around

@mozerd wrote:

My current blacklist is blocking over 600 million IP addresses .... and I totally forgot to consider the cable modem as an exception. Smiley Wink

Why are you blocking unroutable IP blocks? those are reserved by the IANA. outbound IP blacklisting seems like a cat and mouse game that is better solved with a good dns resolver.