Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

We are currently offering our users an exclusive opportunity to participate in an upcoming trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACR, CGN3AMR and CGN3ACSMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). For details of this program, please see this thread.

This thread will be used for feedback regarding the firmware.  We've invited @RogersSergio@RogersSyd & @RogersBob from our Networking team to participate in this thread.  Your feedback is very valuable and will be used to enhance the firmware before it is released publicly.

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

4,921 REPLIES 4,921

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

User1445713
I plan to stick around

I just had a reboot after 3 and half days. Compared to .32 where modem was running for over 3 weeks without reboot. Wireless was also quicker to connect after laptop wake up and no random signal dropouts on .32

Nadernt
I plan to stick around

It just happened again. It's restarted twice in two hours. The restart seems to be super quick though.

2011/06/2017 00:22:2290000000warningMIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1;CM-MAC=x;CMTS-MAC=xCM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

Nadernt
I plan to stick around

Restarted again. 3 times in a day. 

2011/06/2017 05:14:3190000000warningMIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1;CM-MAC=xCMTS-MAC=x5;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

AhmedAskar
I plan to stick around

Been a week since I got the confirmation for the firmware update but never got it.

Having upload issues ever since I got this CODA modem, on .28T2, never got the .33 update even though I sent a msg a week ago.

I guess my only solution is to buy a router that's not from rogers.

arnym21
I plan to stick around

@AhmedAskar

What upload issues, on what sub plan, wired or wireless, under what conditions and activities - just read your own post and try to figure it out? Smiley Wink Why do you think, the trial FW will fix these issues - based on what? Pls post your upload Tx levels and SNR from the modem webUI?

Dave mentioned, trial FW updates are temporary stopped to broader community until tested by a narrow group. I don't experience any reboots though with .33T2, wired to router with modem in defaults so far.

@AhmedAskar its possible that @RogersDave wanted to see what the results would be with V2.0.10.33T2 which was loaded on a few modems last week.  I don't know if that version is considered successful at reducing the modem reboots or not as it appears to be having mixed results. In any event, don't worry, with your modem on the list it will be loaded with the trial version.  You could send a message to @CommunityHelps as a reminder that you're still waiting for the trial firmware version. 

pacerdjl
I plan to stick around

Addendum - after another few days of .33T2 on CODA-4582. Initially, after .33T2 was applied, had about 3 reboots within less than 2 days. For the last 3d18h, no more random reboots. Have been pushing LAN, WAN traffic fairly hard during that time, both wired and 2.4G. So I guess, pretty good news. Overall, seems more stable than .33 , but still worried about the initially instability (reboots) after the trial firmware was applied.

WestPoint
I plan to stick around

Thanks for your clairification, and id agree with you as well, if it used to work, .... lol....

Either way, these are Hirton CODA not Puma arnt they or am I just oblivious to somthing? Hitron and Rogers both know people use VPNs almost constantly now, what with the MILLIONS of ads on every website about our IPs being visable, im sure enough people have gotten them out of some flase sense of security or some such non-sense, and I honestly cant belive they'd make any firmware not capable of VPNs, just for the business sde of things, as MANY businesses including myself, absolutley would not be able to survive without a VPN to share database access to offsite employees

WestPoint
I plan to stick around
Much better explination, and much better solution is the issues proceed beyond the firmware corrections

Mythen
I plan to stick around
@RogersDave

Another random reboot this morning.

Also seeing crazy lag spikes as well

Mythen

WestPoint
I plan to stick around

@RogersDave

Just checked in again, and Ive has another few reboots; Current Uptime is below with DOCSIS Event Log

WAN Up Time000 days 15h:09m:05s

1711/03/2017 21:01:1868010300errorDHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=******;CMTS-MAC=******;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
1811/04/2017 20:00:1790000000warningMIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1;CM-MAC=******;CMTS-MAC=******;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
1911/05/2017 01:47:4782000200criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=******;CMTS-MAC=******;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
2011/05/2017 22:14:4690000000warningMIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1;CM-MAC=******;CMTS-MAC=******;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

arnym21
I plan to stick around

@WestPoint wrote:
would not be able to survive without a VPN to share database access to offsite employees,

much better solution is the issues proceed beyond the firmware corrections  

The modem shows VPN pass-through options in its webUI. Did you mean something else? What better solution?

WestPoint
I plan to stick around
@Datalink
And the CODA has VPN passthrough settings and capability, i see no reason a VPN should affect anything with them....

WestPoint
I plan to stick around
@arnym21

I was refering to @DataLinks reply a few pages before about Puma modems crashing due to VPN, and then a reply from another user an=bout putting the CODA into bridge mode with my own router running the DCHP to get better reliability and stability...

It all sounds good in theory, but Im still not convinced Id have to go that route due the the CODAs built in VPN passtrough which ive already had enabled since day one

WestPoint
I plan to stick around

@Datalink@RogersDave@arnym21

Here one for you guys, I can enable and add a passkey to MoCA, and I understnad what is for, but Im seeing weird info and status, including a high RX but 0 TX....

Basically, is MoCA even enabled over the Rogers Network? and if it is, why would my MAC be almost all 00:00 ect and have a network link status of down and a high RX?

arnym21
I plan to stick around

@WestPoint

I think what Datalink meant, VPN Passthrough feature results in some extra CPU cycles of the modem, possibly high, and therefore may contribute to frequent reboots if its code has defects. Also switch related functions and WiFi may have own code defects that contribute to reboots or other issues. The less functions are used the easier to narrow down what causes reboots. CODA user UI doesn't allow to setup VPN server or client, for that many use own router and the modem in low load Bridge mode performing mostly cable signal transcodes. I don't believe modem Bridge mode guarantees LAN security, but it may improve its chances. From latency jitter standpoint, the less is modem CPU load, the less seems to be chance to get high jitter due to CPU busy & self-service. You may be right, CODA CPU is powerful enough to cover all load types at once, but its obviously not the case yet with the modem firmware, it has bugs and not necessarily fully optimized for all tasks. Unfortunately, User UI doesn't even allow to monitor CPU load, so we are left in the dark guessing. Smiley Happy

georgic
I plan to stick around

Modem still reboots, but maybe less often.

RyzenFX
I'm a reliable contributor

Still going strong on firmware .33T2. I'm 6 days and 5 hours in and no reboots whatsoever (LAN and WAN time are both 6 days and 5 hours). 

For those who are on the same firmware version, what are your LAN Receiving and LAN sending stats? Mine is currently:

LAN Receiving812.65M Bytes
LAN Sending2.69G Bytes

I'm wondering if the reboots have to do with the amount of data the modem sends and receives through LAN.

hoopdogg
I plan to stick around

I'm at 3 days 6hrs.  highest I've been since 33T2

WAN Receiving5.29G Bytes
WAN Sending728.86M Bytes

that's low for me I'm usually 4G / day receiving

Mythen
I plan to stick around

I am finding the .33T2 firmware actually worse than.33.   my coda has rebooted 4 times today.  Any new news of a fix

Mythen

tester2013
I plan to stick around

The best so far for me...on 33T2..and no I am not running any VPN or any other router...just the CODA

System TimeTue, 07 Nov 2017 22:43:27
Time ZoneUTC-05:00 Colombia, Eastern Time, Indiana(East)
LAN Up Time003 days 12h:10m:04s

Also is it just me or is everyone facing an issue logging into the forum? Everytime I try to it will load My Rogers and it will just keep on loading...once in a while  I can log in