FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

@RogersDave

Just checked in again, and Ive has another few reboots; Current Uptime is below with DOCSIS Event Log

WAN Up Time000 days 15h:09m:05s

1711/03/2017 21:01:1868010300errorDHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=******;CMTS-MAC=******;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
1811/04/2017 20:00:1790000000warningMIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1;CM-MAC=******;CMTS-MAC=******;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
1911/05/2017 01:47:4782000200criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=******;CMTS-MAC=******;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
2011/05/2017 22:14:4690000000warningMIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1;CM-MAC=******;CMTS-MAC=******;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@WestPoint wrote:
would not be able to survive without a VPN to share database access to offsite employees,

much better solution is the issues proceed beyond the firmware corrections  

The modem shows VPN pass-through options in its webUI. Did you mean something else? What better solution?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Datalink
And the CODA has VPN passthrough settings and capability, i see no reason a VPN should affect anything with them....
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@arnym21

I was refering to @DataLinks reply a few pages before about Puma modems crashing due to VPN, and then a reply from another user an=bout putting the CODA into bridge mode with my own router running the DCHP to get better reliability and stability...

It all sounds good in theory, but Im still not convinced Id have to go that route due the the CODAs built in VPN passtrough which ive already had enabled since day one
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Datalink@RogersDave@arnym21

Here one for you guys, I can enable and add a passkey to MoCA, and I understnad what is for, but Im seeing weird info and status, including a high RX but 0 TX....

Basically, is MoCA even enabled over the Rogers Network? and if it is, why would my MAC be almost all 00:00 ect and have a network link status of down and a high RX?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@WestPoint

I think what Datalink meant, VPN Passthrough feature results in some extra CPU cycles of the modem, possibly high, and therefore may contribute to frequent reboots if its code has defects. Also switch related functions and WiFi may have own code defects that contribute to reboots or other issues. The less functions are used the easier to narrow down what causes reboots. CODA user UI doesn't allow to setup VPN server or client, for that many use own router and the modem in low load Bridge mode performing mostly cable signal transcodes. I don't believe modem Bridge mode guarantees LAN security, but it may improve its chances. From latency jitter standpoint, the less is modem CPU load, the less seems to be chance to get high jitter due to CPU busy & self-service. You may be right, CODA CPU is powerful enough to cover all load types at once, but its obviously not the case yet with the modem firmware, it has bugs and not necessarily fully optimized for all tasks. Unfortunately, User UI doesn't even allow to monitor CPU load, so we are left in the dark guessing. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Modem still reboots, but maybe less often.

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Still going strong on firmware .33T2. I'm 6 days and 5 hours in and no reboots whatsoever (LAN and WAN time are both 6 days and 5 hours). 

For those who are on the same firmware version, what are your LAN Receiving and LAN sending stats? Mine is currently:

LAN Receiving812.65M Bytes
LAN Sending2.69G Bytes

I'm wondering if the reboots have to do with the amount of data the modem sends and receives through LAN.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm at 3 days 6hrs.  highest I've been since 33T2

WAN Receiving5.29G Bytes
WAN Sending728.86M Bytes

that's low for me I'm usually 4G / day receiving

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I am finding the .33T2 firmware actually worse than.33.   my coda has rebooted 4 times today.  Any new news of a fix

Mythen