FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

this test is same as I always have performed to ensure consistency.   same computer, hooked directly to Rogers modem via Cat6 cable.  not using bridging or 3rd party router. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi everyone

I have a weird issue. I am currently on .27 firmware on the coda and I am noticing weird lag on WiFi watching YouTube videos. It lags and when it starts again the audio and video are out of sync. Restarting the app fixes it. I am watching on my pixel XL and it's connected to the 5ghz band with full signal bars. I also experienced this on the .31 firmware before I downgraded.

Any thoughts?
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks gp-se.  Something was definitely foobarred. I chatted online with tech and they said they "saw something".  At conclusion of chat my speeds were back to 300/20 as they had been previously on .27. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Mythen it could be a device setting issue. When using Mobile Data does it do this? When connected to a different WiFi source does it happen?

or is it only on the CODA?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@hoopdogg wrote:

Thanks gp-se.  Something was definitely foobarred. I chatted online with tech and they said they "saw something".  At conclusion of chat my speeds were back to 300/20 as they had been previously on .27. 

glad to hear it all got sorted out!

I Plan to Stick Around

@gp-se

I tested the YouTube issue on other networks and it doesn't happen. So it seems to be just the coda. I have also noticed it on my desktop PC and it's hardwired

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I don't like the new CODA modem ...it has so many issues.  I am still having problems getting my Netgrear Orbi system working properly.  I called the Rogers Help Desk ...they cannot help with anything.  The Orbi router looses internet connection with the Rogers modem continuously and the Rogers modem goes up and down through the day.  I cannot believe that they would release a product like this to market.  No new firmware to fix any of these issue and not being able to go back to the old ignite modem ...just plain sucks .....

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@parv044 wrote:

I don't like the new CODA modem ...it has so many issues.  I am still having problems getting my Netgrear Orbi system working properly.  I called the Rogers Help Desk ...they cannot help with anything.  The Orbi router looses internet connection with the Rogers modem continuously and the Rogers modem goes up and down through the day.  I cannot believe that they would release a product like this to market.  No new firmware to fix any of these issue and not being able to go back to the old ignite modem ...just plain sucks .....

@parv044

Did you put the CODA into bridge mode?

Log in to the modem, goto basic setup, there should be an option to turn off residential gateway function. Disable that then reboot the modem.

Once that is done plug the ethernet cable from port 1 on the coda to the WAN port on your netgear. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Mythen wrote:
@gp-se

I tested the YouTube issue on other networks and it doesn't happen. So it seems to be just the coda. I have also noticed it on my desktop PC and it's hardwired

@Mythen

that is strange, can you log in to the modem and use custom DNS servers just to test, could be a routing issue.

you can google Open DNS or Google DNS to test. Change both ipv4 and ipv6.

I Plan to Stick Around

@gp-se 

I didn't setup the goole dns on the coda.  I set it up on the PC. static ip with the google dns on IPv4.  

One thing I did today though.  I got manually downgraded to version .27 of the firmware last week and was still getting YouTube buffering and twitch upload was a mess.  I hard reset the modem today and it auto-upgraded to .28t2.  which I expected.

I no longer have DFS and band steering enabled.  and the WiFi is much better not lagged out and also since I reset the modem twitch is behaving itself.  I don't pretend to understand what is going on.  But I can't argue the results as it stands right now

Mythen