FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Sounds like an issue that @RogersDave would be interested in. 

@Markpa21, to return to .24, run a factory reset.  That will result in .24 reloading.  After that is done, restart the modem.  

I Plan to Stick Around

I run multiple Kodi boxes on various platforms, too. You may want to ensure they all have unique hostnames. I don't have such issues on 2.0.10.26T2.
I'm Here A Lot

@blues_clues wrote:
I run multiple Kodi boxes on various platforms, too. You may want to ensure they all have unique hostnames. I don't have such issues on 2.0.10.26T2.

they all do,  still having the same issue. One device works flawlessly and the other two painfully slow> Ill explain what i mean.  addons load fine but when you try to popluate say for example a season 1 it will take several minutes to get to the next screen as oppose to the one device that works, its instantly popluates the next screen.  And it doesnt matter if its wifi or ethernet still getting the same problem. 

I Plan to Stick Around

@Markpa21
This is an aside, but I think you need to be on the latest version of Krypton 17.1 or so to enable the new requirement for the https streaming protocol that is not supported on older versions of Kodi. If this is something that has just occurred recently, it may be this versus the firmware on the modem.
I'm Here A Lot

So for about over a week now, my CODA-4582 has been stable in regards to speeds and minimal packet loss on the 2.0.10.26T2 firmware trial. Although my download isn't reaching full speeds, I am happy it is being stable without requiring any reboots for over a week now.

I'm Here A Lot

yup all 3 are on kodi 17.1

I Plan to Stick Around

Hey, has anyone seen a large reduction in speed from roughly 900mbps to 700mbps down?? I am on 26t2 firmware and have called to have the line checked, 2nd level engineering said they see nothing wrong with the lines in my neighbourhood.

I Plan to Stick Around

Mine is still 930 down.

During after school hours it can slow down to 700-800.

London, Ontario

Network Architect
Network Architect

@blues_clues wrote:

Came across a issue with 2.0.10.26T2 and probably previous releases where the applied security policy using "Device Filter" in managed devices would inexplicably flip from "Block Listed" to "Allow all", without any known trigger.  There were no reboots of the modem or action in the log file that could attribute to the phantom change.

How did I know this?  My son had internet access at a time where he should be denied access by the policy. 

Noted and reported.

Highlighted
Network Architect
Network Architect

@Markpa21 wrote:

yup all 3 are on kodi 17.1

I see that you ended up swapping your modem? Did you try a factory reset first (which would have brought you back to firmware 2.0.10.24)?

I am chasing another issue right now which is not related to the CODA modem but appears to happen in the core network. I didn't get a chance to look if your modem was impacted by it but want to make sure you problems are all resolved now.

Dave