Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

We are currently offering our users an exclusive opportunity to participate in an upcoming trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACR, CGN3AMR and CGN3ACSMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). For details of this program, please see this thread.

This thread will be used for feedback regarding the firmware.  We've invited @RogersSergio@RogersSyd & @RogersBob from our Networking team to participate in this thread.  Your feedback is very valuable and will be used to enhance the firmware before it is released publicly.

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

4,921 REPLIES 4,921

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

DaveFro
I plan to stick around

My WAN disconnects once or twice a day. All of a sudden there is just no internet, but nothing is indicated in the modem that anything is wrong. My router keeps track of wan uptime, and it has never gone above about 12 hours in the last few weeks. I haven't had time to get to the basement and check the router lights before the wan comes back up, so not sure what they would be showing.

dere61
I plan to stick around

@DaveFro wrote:

My WAN disconnects once or twice a day. All of a sudden there is just no internet, but nothing is indicated in the modem that anything is wrong. My router keeps track of wan uptime, and it has never gone above about 12 hours in the last few weeks. I haven't had time to get to the basement and check the router lights before the wan comes back up, so not sure what they would be showing.

I have the same problems afternoons 5pm. sometimes 8pm and 9pm ?? 

And this errors  inside Router

DaveFro
I plan to stick around

i see those errors in my log too, but they don't line up with the disconnects, off by a few hours usually.

Good morning Community,

I have just received 2 new trial firmware. I have updated the release logs as usual in this post. There are a lot of participants in the trial program and a lot of you changed modem in the last 2-3 months so it will take me a while to perform all the upgrades.

I expect that it may take me up to next Monday to run through the entire list of modems. I will be starting with everything but the CODA at first.

I can't push the latest CODA firmware just yet because of the upgrade on boot mechanism that we have in place (if I upgrade a modem, it will automatically get downgraded when it reboots). This should be addressed today or tomorrow and I'll be able to proceed with CODA modems after that.

Dave

Mythen
I plan to stick around
@RogersDave

I still have the original coda modem with no black dots. Is there any benefit to upgrading to the black dot codas?

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

@RogersDave

Sounds good, I believe you already have my MAC address and everything you need, if you want to push it early feel free to do so, I am willing to test it tonight.

Thanks for the quick answer!

RyzenFX
I'm a reliable contributor

@Mythen Black dot CODA's have better internal shielding from 2.4Ghz interference, however if you have all your channels, and they seem to be in-spec then you don't need to upgrade to the black-dot CODA. 

If anything, I would upgrade to the black-dot CODA just to be safe.

@RogersDave I sent you a PM regarding the 4.5.8.29 firmware, hopefully I can get upgraded today and test the major improvements.

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

Any Beta tester on the CGN3 that received 4.5.8.29

I want to know if it improved your ping in online games?

adyngy
I've been here awhile

I can't seem to see my SSID on 4.5.8.29. I've tried rebooting and factory reset and with both, I cannot see my SSID. Anything I can do to further troubleshoot this problem?

dere61
I plan to stick around
Still not get it !

@adyngy wrote:

I can't seem to see my SSID on 4.5.8.29. I've tried rebooting and factory reset and with both, I cannot see my SSID. Anything I can do to further troubleshoot this problem?

I pushed it to some firmware trial participants today including you but it may have caused problems. I'm currently reverting the changes done to everybody.

We will do more internal testing and then decide on the course of action in the next few days.

Dave

adyngy
I've been here awhile
Cool, thanks for the update, any ETA on the revert changes?

aube
I plan to stick around

I did receive the new firmware 4.5.8.29 today but completely lost my wifi, I don't know if it was a bad flash or else, but I would appreciate returning to the previous firmware 4.5.8.27 as soon as possible.

@aube wrote:

I did receive the new firmware 4.5.8.29 today but completely lost my wifi, I don't know if it was a bad flash or else, but I would appreciate returning to the previous firmware 4.5.8.27 as soon as possible.

Everybody should be downgraded back in the next 20-30 minutes.

headhoncho
I plan to stick around

for the brief time that I had .29 I didn't notice any problems here

I didnt notice anything either but it wasnt on long enough to check everything out

Makaveli99
I plan to stick around

Was the .29 firmware pulled my logs show this

modem is still on .27 on the main page.

83/16/2017 18:3469010100noticeSW Download INIT - Via NMS
93/16/2017 18:4069011100noticeSW download Successful - Via NMS
133/16/2017 20:5969010100noticeSW Download INIT - Via NMS
143/16/2017 21:0069010400errorSW Upgrade Failed Before Download - Server not Present
153/16/2017 21:0069010600errorSW upgrade Failed before download - TFTP Max Retry Exceeded
163/16/2017 21:2069010100noticeSW Download INIT - Via NMS
173/16/2017 21:2669011100noticeSW download Successful - Via NMS

@Makaveli99

it looks like it was indeed on .29 then reverted to .27

@gp-se wrote:

@Makaveli99

it looks like it was indeed on .29 then reverted to .27

I did indeed start the deployment of firmware 4.5.8.29 but given the bad reports I received, I had to rollback quickly.

I'm circling back to Hitron to understand what happened but it seems there is a problem with this firmware file. I don't expect to have another build before early next week so in the meantime, I will focus on upgrading CODA-4582 devices.

Dave

@RogersDave so you expecting a fix for the udp issues on the coda ?

rjmaxim
I plan to stick around

@RogersDave Thanks, successful push of Coda 2.0.10.26T1.........in Scarborough. Everything working great, no noticeable difference...both Download/Upload speeds consistent at between 500-800/40 but not seen higher than 940/50. Keep up the good work!Smiley HappySmiley Happy