FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Consider yourself lucky. I am lucky to get 1/3 of that on my Gigabit plan in the last few days because of the cable issues in my area.
Highlighted
Retired Support
Retired Support

Happy new year everybody!

A few users requested, either via private message or in this forums that I push the latest firmware to their modem. I have no problem doing that but please send me a private message and make sure to include your modem MAC address in the message.

I do get a lot of requests daily and I simply can't keep track of everybody's MAC.

Thanks

Dave

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Happy New Year @RogersDave and thanks for all your hard work.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

Happy New Year everyone!

2017 will be amazing, it will be the year we finally get DOCSIS 3.1 hopefully both Downstream&Upstream along with all the firmware updates for the CODA.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

hey guys just wanted to give my update on the .19 firmware, have had to do a hard reboot twice now, every day or so the latency builds up to a point where im double the latency of a friend in oakville on the rogers network to the same server (25 vs my 50) , after a reboot its all back to normal... will keep testing and let you know, speeds are still down, max throughput down I see is 60MB/s (yes megabytes not bits) and thats to a Toronto area data center.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

@jalalinator

on .19 as well, I noticed a latency build up in online games after a few days as well.

just like you a simple reboot of the modem and then I am back to normal numbers.

Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

This is what I don't get why do some of you say latency is better on this new modem but then some of you say it's worst ? This is what's stopping me of gettin this modem especially if I will be gaming
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

@lethalsniper

I am playing online games almost every day Dota2/ CSGO

Ping is pretty much the same as the CGN3ACMR  , so you won't notice any difference, it will probably get better once DOCSIS 3.1 is deployed.

so until now you won't see a change but you will be ready for DOCSIS 3.1

decisions is yours.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Just got rid of the CODA modem and went back to the CGN one. Same issue as before and they said the neighborhood tap is the fault. Waiting until the end of this week to find out! 

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@bonanza

Where abouts are you located (what area)?  I have had issues since Dec 30 as well so we may be on similar nodes.