FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

@eddiethefunnyon wrote:

@lethalsniper 

There's no doubt about it that you'll see an improvement on the CODA-4582. Ever since switching to the modem games have felt much more responsive and browsing feel alot more snappier. 

Which plan are you on?

The 4582 has worked great for me (bridged, on the 250 plan, in a D3.0 area), but the high rates of complaints around here, especially from people on the gigabit plan (but that shouldn't affect anything - maybe there are just more gigabit people with the 4582 because Rogers sent out emails telling people to upgrade), make me just a teeny little bit nervous about recommending the 4582 at this point. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDave wrote:

There was a lot of discussion in this forums over the last 24 hours regarding the impact of 2.4 GHz WiFi on the speeds. This is a known issue on some modems and this is why a week ago in my troubleshooting steps, disabling 2.4 GHz WiFi and/or moving external routers 6 feet away from the modem was part of the list.

For affected modems (which we can generally identify from the network), firmware 2.0.10.19 provides a great improvement in most cases. Now I see that @Alex4161 has that firmware loaded but is still experiencing degraded speeds with 2.4 GHz WiFi enabled and we will therefore investigate further.

Ultimately, we still have a majority of customers using this device that are seeing a vast improvement in speed, jitter and latency. When DOCSIS 3.1 gets deployed, this will get even better. We still have other enhancement to the firmware planned for January (version 2.0.10.20) that should bring improvements to WiFi speeds amongst other fixes.

Dave

@RogersDave

If some modems are affected what may be the cause because we have the same hardware, hardware version and firmware version? So exchanging the modem might fix the issue/s if we get a different batch

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@VivienM wrote:

@eddiethefunnyon wrote:

@lethalsniper 

There's no doubt about it that you'll see an improvement on the CODA-4582. Ever since switching to the modem games have felt much more responsive and browsing feel alot more snappier. 

Which plan are you on?

The 4582 has worked great for me (bridged, on the 250 plan, in a D3.0 area), but the high rates of complaints around here, especially from people on the gigabit plan (but that shouldn't affect anything - maybe there are just more gigabit people with the 4582 because Rogers sent out emails telling people to upgrade), make me just a teeny little bit nervous about recommending the 4582 at this point. 

I'm on the 100u plan, but apparently my modem is affected by some interference issue. Like I said however, games are much more responsive and browsing is snappier compared to the CGN3ACSMR. Every now and then however, I would have sudden increases in ping, which is also coupled with an increase in packet loss. Based on what I'm seeing on the fourms and what you have said I would also be a bit nervous reccomending the 4582 for now. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Everything was working fine up until 10:40am. I did a speedtest around 830 this morning, and yeilded results with 800/30. Now, I'm getting latency with packet loss and speeds dropped to 60/6. What has changed @RogersDave ? The gap was me unplugging the modem and plugging it back in.

http://start.speedtest.net/result/5924097953

Edit @ 11:44am: Speeds are back to ~700/30. Latency seems to have stabilized and PL has decreased.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just to add to @Alex4161's comment, my router was shut down while I was resetting the CODA-4582, so the only 2.4 Ghz wifi signal present was from the modem itself.  Disable that and the slow web page refresh issue was resolved.  At the time I was connected to port 3 on the modem. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDave.19 was pushed to me this morning and for now at least the 5G speed has tripled so far better than the other FW.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi @RogersDave, is it possible to get the trial firmware as well? I just got my modem today and it's still on .13. Was wondering if there's any way to get this up to a newer firmware.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I've been having the same exact issue as JohnyR Post#1752 radomnly throughout the day my ping will increase gradually from 30ms up to 1000ms and experience packet loss. Requiring me to restart my modem which resolves the issue although it does sometimes return for about a few minutes again. I've contacted chat support while this issue is occuring and they can indeed see the issue on their end as well: high ping & packetloss.

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Is there any other devices or services that are using cable? In the past when I used to have DSL service, my alarm system would tap into the phone line and call out every so often. During this time, my Internet connection would go haywire and I would see the same symptoms you describe.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Surprisingly this seem to work too. After running a wired test with all wireless bands disabled, I got 450/30 but when I re-enable the bands, I get 30/10. Something is definitely up