FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

@soundwave80 there are a couple of reasons for seeing that:

1.  The ports on the devices, including the router only support 100 Mb/s max.  If you connect everything thru the router, then the router WAN port might only support 100 Mb/s.   There are new routers on the market, with gigabit wifi capability that only have 100 Mb/s ports installed.  Makes no sense what so ever, unless you don't care about high speed internet access.  

2.  The ethernet cables that you are using only support 100 Mb/s or are damaged in some fashion and as a result only supports 100 Mb/s.  There are probably a good number of people who have "Fast Ethernet" cables kicking around.  They only support 100 Mb/s.  They may have been fast at one time, but not any more.  You might have to replace a couple of cables. 

I'm a Reliable Contributor

After a couple of weeks on 4.5.8.27, I noticed that I'm affected by the upload speed bug which also causes my ping in games to rise to 50ms and sometimes to 110ms at max. When the bug occurs, I get upload speeds lower than 10mbps (around 7-9.5mbps) and increased jitter when I run the rogers speed test. 

@RogersDave Are there any updates to the follow-up firmware version of .27 which addresses this issue? I would also like to know if there are any exciting updates coming in the near future Smiley Happy

I Plan to Stick Around

I am using a netgear R6300v2 with the 5g signal set to 1300 mbps and have tried 2 different cat 6 cables .
I'm a Regular

Same here since .27 upload been higher and also noticed pings are higher I would also like to know when will this issue be fixed
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@RyzenFX 

I can't wait to see what's coming next as well!

Christmas gift I hope from @RogersDave Smiley Wink

I Plan to Stick Around

Has anyone been experiencing ping jitter recently? When I first got the .27 firmware, my average jitter was around 6ms. Now it's been 10ms at its lowest, sometimes going as high as 40ms. One day it was a solid 50ms, and when I restarted my modem it went down to 15ms. Since I do online gaming, it's very very noticable when my ping starts to vary by such large numbers. I'm not sure if it's the result of the firmware, my modem, or something else.

Here are some pictures of various ping tests:

st3.PNG

st1.PNG

st2.PNG

st4.PNG

I'm a Regular

Yea me
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Yep, thats the main reason why I am here.

I ended up ordering Bell Fibe to test... can't be troubleshooting this for months on end. Really a shame as i was with Rogers for over 15 years at my old location and now at my new place I seem to be having all sorts of problems with jitter and ping.

I'm a Regular

Why didn't you stay with bell ? Have a few friends on bell that lives on the same street as me and when we play the same game online same console same time his ping and jitter always lower then mine, I'm just waiting to see if Rogers can resolve this issue because has been going on for years if not we are all switching over there's about 24 of us who are willing to switch over to the big blue we are just fed up
I'm Here A Lot

I was never with Bell, going to try them now. Was always with Rogers.