FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Highlighted
Retired Support
Retired Support
Posts: 611

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

The firmware 4.5.8.27 is currently in trial phase. Of all the users that were upgraded to this release, a few users reported a degradation in uplink speed. This is being investigated but there is no a obvious fix and will take some time.

In addition, the case of @Triple_Helix is different as his modem is not syncing properly on all uplink channels.

As always, if any participants wants to withdraw from the trial or temporarily return to a previous version, you can always send me a PM. I'll be happy to return your modem to a previous version.

I am also happy to assist with testing (time permiting) if you would like to run tests across versions which may require multiple upgrades/downgrades.

Dave
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor
Posts: 641

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

I am on 250 and .27

 

Still getting 21+ upload

 

 

Highlighted
I've Been Around
Posts: 1

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Hello,

 

I currently have firmware version 4.5.8.21 on my Hitron CGNM 3552 and am having the issues discussed on the forum with my Chromecast device.

I would like to upgrade the firmware to 4.5.8.22 to resolve this issue.

 

Thank you.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 324

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial


@RogersDave wrote:
The firmware 4.5.8.27 is currently in trial phase. Of all the users that were upgraded to this release, a few users reported a degradation in uplink speed. This is being investigated but there is no a obvious fix and will take some time.

In addition, the case of @Triple_Helix is different as his modem is not syncing properly on all uplink channels.

As always, if any participants wants to withdraw from the trial or temporarily return to a previous version, you can always send me a PM. I'll be happy to return your modem to a previous version.

I am also happy to assist with testing (time permiting) if you would like to run tests across versions which may require multiple upgrades/downgrades.

Dave

@RogersDave even though I have 3 upload channels now you still suggest I get a replacement from the Rogers store? It doesn't bother me as I Beta test many things and no product comes bug free.

 

Thanks,

 

Daniel 

Microsoft® MVP Windows Insider - Windows Security
Highlighted
Retired Support
Retired Support
Posts: 611

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial


@Triple_Helix wrote:

@RogersDave even though I have 3 upload channels now you still suggest I get a replacement from the Rogers store?

 

Thanks,

 

Daniel 


 I would hold off in that case. I assume you still can't get more than 15 Mbps even with the 3 channels? This suggest that you have an issue with the firmware.

 

We haven't identified precisely why certain users are affected while others are not. It could be modem/hardware specific or it could be an incompatibility with some other hardware or configuration.

 

I am hoping to know more in the next 2 weeks at which point you'll be able to make a decision.

 

Dave

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 324

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial


@RogersDave wrote:

@Triple_Helix wrote:

@RogersDave even though I have 3 upload channels now you still suggest I get a replacement from the Rogers store?

 

Thanks,

 

Daniel 


 I would hold off in that case. I assume you still can't get more than 15 Mbps even with the 3 channels? This suggest that you have an issue with the firmware.

 

We haven't identified precisely why certain users are affected while others are not. It could be modem/hardware specific or it could be an incompatibility with some other hardware or configuration.

 

I am hoping to know more in the next 2 weeks at which point you'll be able to make a decision.

 

Dave


Well this is what I'm getting ATM so I'm good for now! Smiley Wink

 

 

2016-11-03_22-31-40.png

Microsoft® MVP Windows Insider - Windows Security
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 40

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Thanks Dave

In my case, that am in bridge mode on ignite 100. Do you recommend I hold off from resetting the modem until you have more info in two weeks time? Also those that are not experiencing the issues would be nice to know there modem hardware version. I believe there is A1 and B1 for the ACSMR.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile
Posts: 3

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Hi,

 

How do I get this firmware upgrade. A Sr Technician was at my place yesterday and suggested I need it very badly. The ticket he opened is: C116978679. I am on CGNM-3552, version 4.5.8.19 still.

 

Thanks,

Eleonore.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Posts: 6,985

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Hi @Eleonore  have a look at message # 471 (top post) on the following page for instructions on requesting the trial version, 4.5.8.22.

 

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/348...

 

When you are sending the private message as indicated in that post, also log into your modem and copy the HFC MAC address and modem Serial number and paste that into the message.  The HFC MAC Address and modem Serial Number can be found on the STATUS page that is displayed when you log into the modem.  The Cable Modem MAC Address and S/N can also be found on the back of the modem.



Highlighted
Retired Support
Retired Support
Posts: 611

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

@jramsay7269, @Eleonore

 

To request the update, have a look at message # 471 (top post) on the following page for instructions on requesting the trial version, 4.5.8.22T3 or 4.5.8.27 depending on your modem model.
 
http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/348...
 
When you are sending the private message as indicated in that post, also log into your modem and copy the HFC MAC address and modem Serial number and paste that into the message. The HFC MAC Address and modem Serial Number can be found on the STATUS page that is displayed when you log into the modem. The Cable Modem MAC Address and S/N can also be found on the back of the modem.

 

Dave