FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

After the upgrade to trial version, chromecast issue has been resolved.

@Saritha wrote:

Hi, i am facing issue with my Chromcast and wireless printer and was told by NW person to get this trial version. Could someone please help me get this version on my router? 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi,

My modem is now updated to the version of 4.5.8.22. I did factory rest as per instructions. The concern is after the test the score was 17/20 NOT 19/20 as was indicated in the instruction.

I got this message after the IPv6 test: "Your router or firewall is filtering ICMPv6 messages sent to your computer. An IPv6 host that cannot receive ICMP messages may encounter problems like some web pages loading partially or not at all".

Please advise me what should I do or please fix the problem from your end.

Thanks again for updating my modem.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Since updating to this I cannot do any sort of matchmaking on Xbox one specifically when it comes to EA sports 

other games fine but eat servers I can't just spent 3.5 hrs on phone with them to be told it's my modem then replaced my modem same issues, called into Rogers tech that was not able to help at all

basee on a test that was done to see my hop pattern there were 2 Rogers servers that had 100% packet loss and that's what I'm told needs to be fixed

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I was updated to 4.5.8.22 earlier this week and since the update all has been working smoothly.

Before the update I was suffering from the lan port freeze issue however that seems to have been resolved.

Highlighted
Retired Support
Retired Support

Hello Community,

We have been able to make some progress regarding variation in latency. We have received a new firmware from Hitron that appears to be improving latency. There is however a concern that it may be causing some other performance issues.

Before I can push this firmware out to all trial firmware participants, we will need to complete the engineering certification test and reach a certain level of confidence with the quality of this firmware. This will take a few days to complete.

In the meantime, and in order to help us validate this firmware, I am offering to push this firmware early on 5 cable modems. Because this firmware was not qualified by engineering yet, it may break things.

These are the rules:

• You must already be a participant in the firmware trial program
  • You must have performed latency/jitter testing in the past and willing to compare and provide feedback on the performance of this new firmware (either in this thread of via private message)
  • This is an early firmware. It may break things. If it does and you request a rollback, I will perform it but until it is performed, you may be left without Internet. Do not register if your Internet access is critical

In order to be put on the list, send me a private message. I will update this message once we have reached the limit of participants.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

I am in , push it my way. will provide with latency/jitter testing no worries.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

For the individuals who do sign up, is there an alternate contact path, ie a telephone number to contact someone or leave a message to roll back the firmware.  If your modem is down for the count, you would need some alternate way to do this.  Don't assume that everyone does twitter, facebook, etc, etc. 

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

I am on new firmware .25

running some test on dslreports/speedtest

ew York, NY, USA (INTERNAP)d514.32 Mb/s155.9±0.7ms0%357
Toronto, Canada (teksavvy.ca)d616.41 Mb/s143.6±1.4ms0%328
Silver Spring, MD, USA (atlantech.net)d714.81 Mb/s161.7±9.5ms0%358
Twin Lakes, Tennessee, USA (Twinlakes coop)d112.9 Mb/s161±1ms0%224
New York, NY, USA (INTERNAP)u21.56 Mb/s212±102.1ms-10
Toronto, Canada (teksavvy.ca)u41.91 Mb/s70.6±28.4ms-10
Silver Spring, MD, USA (atlantech.net)u51.24 Mb/s119.5±57.9ms-10

Jitter/latency similar to previous test, bug ping time slightly higher)

also tested jitter/latency from pingtest.net ( results pretty similar to .22, ping slightly higher)

I also tested it online games CSGO and Dota2

Tested on the same servers I always play, ping is slightly higher +5ms 

I will keep testing later.

Highlighted
Retired Support
Retired Support

@Datalink wrote:

For the individuals who do sign up, is there an alternate contact path, ie a telephone number to contact someone or leave a message to roll back the firmware.  If your modem is down for the count, you would need some alternate way to do this.  Don't assume that everyone does twitter, facebook, etc, etc. 

Unfortunately, no. The path is to send me a private message, which can also be done via cellphone (not necessarily easy but I do it often).

Highlighted
Retired Support
Retired Support

@abel06 wrote:

Since updating to this I cannot do any sort of matchmaking on Xbox one specifically when it comes to EA sports 

other games fine but eat servers I can't just spent 3.5 hrs on phone with them to be told it's my modem then replaced my modem same issues, called into Rogers tech that was not able to help at all

basee on a test that was done to see my hop pattern there were 2 Rogers servers that had 100% packet loss and that's what I'm told needs to be fixed

Abel06,

This is unfortunate but given that you are the first user reporting this, it is likely caused by something else. Would you mind sending me the results of the troubleshooting you have done showing packet loss? You can send me this information via private message. I will review the information from there.

Thanks