FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Maybe Let me clearify my IPv6 issue

I am using the device on Bridge Mode

I have connected a Cisco 2800 series router as my main router

First time, I can get DHCP Client v6 to got IPv6 assignment from the WAN port.

but say after 15 minutes, after reboot the Cisco Router

I can no longer get IPv6 Assignment from the WAN Port

I have to reboot the Rogers Modem in order to again get IPv6 address assignment.

Any fix from this?

Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

What are you signing up for ? Is there a new firmware coming out to fix the latency issues ?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDave

For the last week I can't even get close to my speeds posted here:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/333...

This is what I'm getting for the past week and the only thing I noticed is my IP address has changed which doesn't happen very often.

Any reason why such a fall off in speed? I have the 250/20 plan.......!

Daniel Smiley Mad

Microsoft® MVP Windows Insider - Windows Security
Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

Which firmware are you guys signing up for and why , I have 4.5.8.21
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

4.5.8.22 for my CGN3ACSMR and why because I like testing things.

Microsoft® MVP Windows Insider - Windows Security
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Update on my previously stated issue (Wi-Fi disconnecting when phone screen goes off):

So far today, this has not been happening on either Moto G Android phone in my home.

I still see the .22 firmware and no change to the post at the beginning of the thread, so I'm not sure why it's changed, but I'm happy to report that everything now seems to be working as it did a couple of months ago, before the Chromecast issues began.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi there,

I wold like to join the firware trial as I am having issues with using Chromecast with my Rogers Wi-Fi Modem.  Thanks.

Bobby

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Guys, what the heck? These new modems have broken:

Ping

VPN

Chrome cast

WEBUI

Wifi light on

ports dying

@RogersDave could you consider letting us bring our own modems? I've had zero issues with my motorola surfboards for over a decade! These hitron modems break everything!

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@user12343543 I'm assuming that your referring to a CGN3ACSMR.  Here's a quick summary:

Problem:                 Fixed in Version:

Ping                         4.5.8.16

VPN                         4.5.8.16

Chrome cast          4.5.8.22

WEBUI  (?)

Wifi light on           4.5.8.20 or .21

ports dying            4.5.8.21

If for some reason you have a CGN3ACSMR with 4.4.8.14 loaded, then yes, you will see those problems.  By now I would expect any CGNAC3SMRs to be updated to 4.5.8.21 across the network with 4.5.8.22 available on request.  If you have .21 loaded, then the only problem you should be seeing is Chromecast connectivity and latency due to the introduction of the Casa CMTS equipment, which Rogers and Casa are resolving.  

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ytwytw the first thing I would do is remove the Cisco 2800 from the network, kick the modem back into Gateway mode and determine if a connected pc or laptop retains an IPV6 address longer than 15 min.  If so, reboot the device and determine if it picks up an IPV6 address as its rebooting.  You could do the same in Bridge mode, just have to keep in mind that your pc firewall is protecting the pc instead of the router.  I would run a connected pc or laptop in that configuration only as long as it takes to do the test.

If the test is successful, especially if its in Bridge mode, then I would assume that the problem is with the router settings or scripts for IPV6 operation.  If so, then you should probably post your question to a Cisco forum.  I suspect that you will see some response.  I don't think you will see another response here unless someone else happens to be running a Cisco 2800 router. 

If the test is not successful, and the connected pc or laptop loses the IPV6 address, that is something that could be looked at.  That would point to a modem or CMTS problem of some type.  It would help to run the test with two devices to rule out any issue with one specific device.