FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Hey Dave, One thing in terms of peering to look into would be peering to valve servers (viriginia on the east coast) , also chicago and new york peering which are the main servers we all use

the other reason I am replying is because I just experienced yet another dropout of my internet, full modem reboot, my logs are literally FULL of timeouts (t3 and one t4 timeout), a few of the logs have date stamps of 01/01/70 , this is not the first time this has happened My snr is borderline but my line has a 6db bandaid pad on outside on the line, if possible you can look at my signals and my logs.

Regards

I've Been Around

Hello,

I just got the new 1 gigbite Hitron Modem and I called chromecast to resolve a problem. I have 7 chrome cast that were connected to the network, which they all are not working now ever since the change. They told me to contact you guys to get this fixed.  Is there something i can do to fix this?

I'm a Regular

Yea that was my argument like months back. All my friends have Bell and all have better ping/ latency then me and rest of friends on Rogers while playing same game ! Hopefully there is a fix soon. Thanks ks.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@lethalsniper 

I remember back in the CISCO CMTS days our ping was bad not as bad as with the CASA CMTS.

I was under the impression that CASA would improved the bad ping we had on CISCO but.. I was quite surprised when I seen it go even higher than it was previously on CISCO.

But it's the first time I heard that they are actually working on the isssue.. so hopefully we see a fix soon!

I've Been Around

We enrolled in the trial for this firmware in order to fix the problem with we were having with the chromecast. It seems the problem has been fixed and best of all, it was all done remotely with no input or effort on our part. Thank you for a job well done!

I'm Here A Lot

how can u upgrade the modem for chromecast ?

still not working

Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Hello @ArtG1,

Please refer to the first post of this thread for instructions on how to participate in the firmware trial.

Cheers,
RogersCilio

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi,

This firmware 4.5.8.22 seems working fine now. However I observe one strange thing, like I cast from my device to TV, its working fine and then if I switch off the TV, device casting keeps on working and after  I switch on my TV again, casting will resume from what is device is casting at that moment.

I feel expected behaviour should once I switch off the TV casting should stop as destination device is OFF.

This I feel is not a big issue and have a workaround to disconnect the casting from the device always. So everything will work fine.

I've Been Here Awhile

I have upgraded to the beta firmware for my modem

After factory reset, I got IPv6 address no problem
Then I turn off the commercial gateway to enable bridge mode, I got IPv6 address but next day I lost the IPv6, and reboot modem doesn't help

Anyone has similar issue?
I've Been Around

Please sign me up for this. 

Jeff