FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

I keep having issues with using my Chromecast.  Can't find how to download the solution/new firmware.

I Plan to Stick Around

here are some errors that my modem log file has gotten today

No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out

SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync

Lost MDD Timeout;

Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out;

SYNC Timing Synchronization failure

Mythens

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Zohner, have a look at message #63 on the following page for instructions in requesting the trial firmware which resolves Chromecast issues:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/342...

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Since getting the .22 version my chromecast issues appear to be resolved.
For me, these issues started several weeks ago when I rebooted the modem. Immediately after, I lost my chromecast functionality PLUS my AirPlay (audio) functionality. Specifically, on my iOS devices, the AirPlay option no longer shows up and I cannot connect my AirPlay speaker to my wifi network.

I am still experiencing the AirPlay issue and would appreciate any help/advice. Thanks.
I Plan to Stick Around

So what is the purpose of system time on the status screen? If you are collecting syslogs from the modems, UTC is fine but locally, the event log should reflect your time settings.
I've Been Here Awhile

well this is weird cause i dont remember ever signing up for this. aparently my "neighbourhood" has been having issues the last few weeks and i was lookin around the modem and the internet, came accross this. i checked my firmware version 2 days ago and was on the 4.5.8.23 version. i checked to day and im back down to the 4.5.8.21 version. FIX MY INTERNET

I Plan to Stick Around

Was there ever a 4.5.8.23 version? Still on .22 here.

Daniel

Microsoft® MVP Windows Insider - Windows Security
I've Been Here Awhile

thats what i saw 2 days ago when i was setting up my router part again, cause somehow my settings all got wiped

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There is no .23 firmware, except maybe on paper.  .22 is it so far and that version is only at the testing stage, probably not to be released network wide for several weeks to come.  Possibly you were on .22 and rolled back to .21 if the modem wasn't on the exception list for some reason.  That would explain the wiped settings.  If you don't have a Chromecast device, then at the present time you don't need .22.  If you do have a Chromecast device, please see the instructions in message #63 of the following thread to request .22.   Your modem should end up on the exception list which will prevent rollbacks to .21.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/342...

I've Been Around

Please send me the firmware update.