Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

We are currently offering our users an exclusive opportunity to participate in an upcoming trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACR, CGN3AMR and CGN3ACSMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). For details of this program, please see this thread.

This thread will be used for feedback regarding the firmware.  We've invited @RogersSergio@RogersSyd & @RogersBob from our Networking team to participate in this thread.  Your feedback is very valuable and will be used to enhance the firmware before it is released publicly.

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

4,921 REPLIES 4,921

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

hoob
I plan to stick around

Will do tonight.

Can you clarify if it is critical that wifi (both) be disabled as well, to prevent other things from connecting to the modem other than the PC performing the test? Or is it mainly a PHY issue being looked at?

Note that I don't consider my speeds horrible (2XX-3XX down, 1X up) but it's notably different to before with the old modem, so it is worthy of analysis.

dmbcanda
I plan to stick around

@RogersDave

• Date/Time of test:  12/15/2016 8:40am
  • Modem mode: Gateway
  • Connection to modem/router: Ethernet 
  • Test server: http://speedcheck.rogers.com/en.html
  • Download speed: 8.46 Mbps
  • Upload speed: 2.42 Mbps
  • Latency: 29ms
  • Jitter: 231 ms

This is on a Gigabit connection, I do not have IPv6 enabled or (DOCSIS 3.1).   My modem reboots itself a few times, and overnight the Wifi had no connection and my speeds went low as above after having 500Mbps+ download last night.   My Voip phone is unusable which is my biggest issue with this modem when speeds go low.

Max24
I plan to stick around

Well since posting my results I am now expericing heavy packet loss.. @RogersDave are you doing some tests on my modem now?? Everything has been great since I picked it up yesterday morning..

RyzenFX
I'm a reliable contributor
  • Date/Time of test: 9:01 AM
  • Connection to modem: Ethernet
  • Download speed: 129.78 Mbps
  • Upload speed: 11.01 Mbps
  • Latency: 9
  • Jitter: 4

3 MINTUES LATER... Results went to trash

• Date/Time of test: 9:05 AM
  • Connection to modem: Ethernet
  • Download speed: 47.09 Mbps
  • Upload speed: 10.78 Mbps
  • Latency: 8
  • Jitter: 4

I'm not really sure why my speeds dramatically dropped in a matter of minutes.

12_15_test.png

Jeffj
I plan to stick around

@Max24 wrote:

Well since posting my results I am now expericing heavy packet loss.. @RogersDave are you doing some tests on my modem now?? Everything has been great since I picked it up yesterday morning..

Are you seeing the loss while saturatingyour connection with a speed test for example? if so this is probably expected as ICMP packets are low priority and will be ignored if the modem is fully loaded with aother data to tansfer via tcp.

Max24
I plan to stick around

@Jeffj wrote:

@Max24 wrote:

Are you seeing the loss while saturatingyour connection with a speed test for example? if so this is probably expected as ICMP packets are low priority and will be ignored if the modem is fully loaded with aother data to tansfer via tcp.

There is no load on the modem I've since tried rebooting the modem and also putting it in bridge mode and I'm still getting heavy packet loss now making everything besides browsing unusable...

Jeffj
I plan to stick around

You have definitly got problems then,  what IP are you pinging? the CMTS?  I can get packet loss on intermediary hops in winMTR t,o for example google, but it doesnt seem to affect the data in transit to or from me. @RogersDave noted this was peculiar and was looking into why it was happening, however it hasnt affected my speeds or data in transit at all. 

lethalsniper
I'm an enthusiast
So much for the new and improved modem as I read on all the complaints I dont see how you guys are saying this modem fixes latency and ping issues to me it seems its the same or worst go figure.

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

It seems the new modem is running into multiple issues.. 

right now I have good speed but bad latency , ordered the new modem to fix my latency issue.. will get it on december 22th.

But reading all these comments I am a bit scared now, hopefully there's a firmware update very soon to fix all these issues.

Jeffj
I plan to stick around

There are definitly some cases of issues, and it would appear some do/have had a bad replacement but over all there are many who are happy, here and on dslreports forums, My self being one of them. My latency and ping speeds have both improved greatly i have been charting them for over 12 hours now. My Twitch stream i set up for Jackbox Party Pack 3 last night to play with some friends a few hours away has never been better and the latency from me to the stream was cut in half from 18 seconds to about 8-9 seconds which make a huge difference when playing a game over a stream for the remote end. 

@lethalsniper wrote:
So much for the new and improved modem as I read on all the complaints I dont see how you guys are saying this modem fixes latency and ping issues to me it seems its the same or worst go figure.

Max24
I plan to stick around

Well packetloss is now gone I guess they were perhaps doing some tests on my modem...

Mythen
I plan to stick around
I set up a static IP address on my pixel XL and still getting frequent disconnects on the 5Ghz band. Also I'd like to mention that my wife has a pixel XL as well and she is experiencing the same

@RogersDave speeds with the CODA-4582 are fine for my CMTS, seeing 930+ Mb/s down, 40 Mb/s up runnng the Rogers Montreal speedtest.  Funny thing though, the following speedtest sites will not run.  I've never had any issues runnng these before with the CGNM-3552, so, its a little strange.  I'm wondering if anyone else has the same problem with these:

http://speedtest.xfinity.com/

Results from Chicago and Boston:  http://results.speedtest.xfinity.com/result/0.png

Detroit and others won't run at  all.

http://speedtest.fibrenoire.ca/beta/

I end up with a Latency Test Error and the test won't run.

Jeffj
I plan to stick around

@Datalink wrote:

@RogersDave speeds with the CODA-4582 are fine for my CMTS, seeing 930+ Mb/s down, 40 Mb/s up runnng the Rogers Montreal speedtest.  Funny thing though, the following speedtest sites will not run.  I've never had any issues runnng these before with the CGNM-3552, so, its a little strange.  I'm wondering if anyone else has the same problem with these:

http://speedtest.xfinity.com/

Results from Chicago and Boston:  http://results.speedtest.xfinity.com/result/0.png

Detroit and others won't run at  all.

http://speedtest.fibrenoire.ca/beta/

I end up with a Latency Test Error and the test won't run.

I can hit the comcast-xfinity servers in boston, and chicago from speedtest.net but not their won test site. 

Also same goes for Fibenoire.

Might be routing issues, i see comcast is still having issues today in the areas you expressed, as well as level3 had a massive issue yesterday and it still looks to be wonky. 

That level3 outage really caused us some grief for some of our clients yesterday in the states. 

http://downdetector.com/status/comcast-xfinity/map/
http://downdetector.com/status/level3/map/

SimplePanda
I plan to stick around

@lethalsniper wrote:

The few people i've talked to with the new gateway are seeing the opposite. Substantially improved latency and jitter. Myself included.

Throughput is also more consistent, but I'm in a DOCSIS 3.1 enabled area so it's tough to tell if it's the new device or the DOCSIS 3.1 upgrade.

@dmbcanda, your case is under investigation. Your signal levels may require to be rebalanced but I definitely see an issue from the network. Stay tuned.

@Max24, did you actually have an issue browsing or simply ping plotter reporting packet loss (we know there seems to be an issue with high rate of ICMP traffic). I'm not saying it's right, just trying to categorize the issue correctly.

@hoob, you can keep WiFi on, just disconnect other wired devices for the test.

@RyzenFX, everything looks ok at the moment but I will keep an eye.

@Mythen, thanks for the feedback, we will keep working on it.

Dave

Killacammy
I plan to stick around

Hi Dave,

This is what a tech support person is trying with mine,

"Going to remove/re-add the modem to your account with the correct product code. This might be causing an issue with the contract sent the modem, making it less likely you'll receive the full speed."

I am not home to retest but any insight into this?

Hybrid_Noodle
I plan to stick around

@KillacammyFWIW friend of mine was seeing only 250/10 and not the proper 250/20 that he was signed up for after swapping his modem as well. He called in and they reapplied the profile as it was fixed for him.

@Killacammy wrote:

Hi Dave,

This is what a tech support person is trying with mine,

"Going to remove/re-add the modem to your account with the correct product code. This might be causing an issue with the contract sent the modem, making it less likely you'll receive the full speed."

I am not home to retest but any insight into this?

I do not see this being an issue at all. Once you are home, if you have issue, reach out to me again.

Dave

Jeffj
I plan to stick around

@RogersDave Is there a list/Bucket i can throw my hat in for the Beta firmware on these new CODA units? I'd liek to get IPV6 back as soon as possible, I promise to not contact support with issues and flog them 😄

I miss it on my Xbox One, it did preform superior on a IPV6 connection, NATurally speaking lol 

Killacammy
I plan to stick around

my xbox one hates this new modem.  Says 10mbps DL and 4 UL.  Never seen anything like it, not sure if it has anything to do with ipv6.