FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

@RogersDave Please include me in the .19 firmware too. I currently have .17 but WiFi signal & speed is still not great.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@RogersDave My speed is even worse tonight and support keeps pointing to issues on my side.   I turned the rogers modem off and disconnected all devices and then started the modem.  I then connected a cat 6 cable to my laptop and turned off kaspersky (after making sure no viruses/malware exists) and ran the rogers speedtest. This is the speed I get with my 1 GB service:

slow.jpg

Hopefully the new firmware fixes the issues or else I am wishing I was back with Teksavvy.  At least my 100/10 internet speed was rock solid and the modem was stable.

Thanks

I Plan to Stick Around

Hopefully, mine will be upgraded to .19 tonight and fix bridge mode issue

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Dave,

I recently got Ignite Gigabit with a new CODA-4582 and speeds have been far from whats supposed to be and quite unstable, I am using an enterprise grade WatchGuard firewall capable of 3.2 Gbps firwall throughput and the best I can get is about 500 / 30 Mbps but it considerably varies through the day and normally much slower than that:

SpeedTest-Rogers.JPGSpeedTest-Rogers2.JPG

I have tried connecting my laptop directly to the modem to rule out any problem with the WatchGuard and get similar speeds. Also before finding this thread I called support and a technitian came to my house, he said the signal was good and he could not figure out why the speed was not as it should, he called a supervisor who also came and they took my modem and plugged it directly to the node on the street, they said the speed was a little better not not significantly and then told me they would escalate the case to Maintenance to see if there was anything they could do.

The modem is setup in Bridge mode, I do not have any Wi-Fi close to it and am currently using port 4 only, this is the signal page from the modem:

Channels.JPG

Could you please please take a look at my modem and see if there is any problem with it? I'll PM you my MAC address, also please add the list to get the new firmware too, maybe that helps...

Thank you for your help in advance and Happy Holidays!

I'm Here A Lot

I got the .19 update for CODA and it's not great. I couldn't even use my internet. I originally posted this on my phone using LTE because I practically couldn't do it with my internet but after many resets I got decent speeds backs. Furthermore I cannot see connected devices on my router it's just blank and some devices are not auto connecting to the router. Please fix this.
I Plan to Stick Around

I also received .19 - performance so far seems fine. I'll test a bit more as the day goes on. This firmware has the same problem though as .18 did with Connected Devices not showing up. I have one device showing on the list and it seems to be the same device that shows all the time. The rest don't appear no matter how many times I restart.

Does anyone know if the problem with a router not receiving an IP from the modem is corrected?

@RogersDave thanks for sending me the latest firmware. Sadly, the speeds are still pathetic.  I have a technician scheduled between 12-2 Friday to Trouble shoot the problem.  If you can scan the Rogers network in my area to see what the problem is that would be helpful. I scheduled the appointment with the @CommunityHelps folks and am not sure if they know the network as well as you do.  My gut says they will just waste my time and try to point the problem at me instead of the infrastructure. My speed experience is shared my others on this forum so I don't think I am at fault.  Let's see what happens or else I will have to look at other options for resolution.

thanks 

Received .19

dslreports.ca speedtest results

on my wired cat6 computer Port 4 ( i7 5930k /GTX 980/16GB DDR4 500SSD+4TB)

-Killer e2200 Gigabith Ethernet Controller with the latest updates

Overall C

Blufferboat D

Quality C

on my iPad air2 via wifi

Overall A

Blufferboat B

Quality A+

Will do further testing when I have a chance after work.

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDaveare you still working on developments for the ACSMR?  Is there still going to be a .28 or higher released?  Just curious to know as I have no desire to move away from this modem anytime soon until much of the CODA/Rogers issues are resolved. 

Thanks,

I'm a Regular

This is what I was asking before but didn't get a answer about the acsmr