FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Triple_Helix
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Confirming that I have the new version installed.

System Information

This menu displays general information of the device

Hardware Version2A
Software Version7.1.1.33

blues_clues
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersIan 

Still seeing the 2.4Ghz band wireless frame broadcast bug in 7.1.1.33.  This switches off/on my wireless plugs.  I had to setup a wireless hotspot on one of my RasberryPis as a workaround.  When will this issue be addressed?

sgobiraj
I Plan to Stick Around

@Rogerslan is there a way I can get this 7.1.1.33 firmware to see if it addresses my modem stability issues in Bridge mode? I'm currently on 7.1.1.32.
roy86
I Plan to Stick Around

how can i opt out of the beta firmware program?

it seems the latest firmware is quite unstable.

sgobiraj
I Plan to Stick Around

If you're in bridge mode then this new firmware is a piece of junk. Highly unstable. I don't know why Rogers decided to push this firmware during a time when everyone is dependent on stable internet and working from home. Mind boggling.

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@roy86 send a message to @CommunityHelps requesting removal from the trial programme.

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@sgobiraj if you're indicating that version 7.x on the CODA-4582 is unstable in Bridge mode, I haven't had any issues with this version, except for the problem of not being able to access the modem with .31 and .32 loaded.  Now that .33 is loaded, hopefully that problem has been resolved.  

I suspect that if you're having problems, that might be related to a signal issue, or perhaps a loading issue with the neighbourhood node or CMTS.  Its worth investigating, but I doubt that you'll see an honest answer out of Rogers as they usually don't disclose load numbers.  

MisterPinst
I Plan to Stick Around

@Datalink I'd love to hear your feedback in a few days if the problem with accessing the modem management page (192.168.100.1) goes away with the .33 release. That would allow me to switch back to bridge mode and resume the use of my Unifi USG router.

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@MisterPinst fwiw, version 7.1.1.33 was loaded on my modem at 5:13 am Monday 24 Aug and rebooted at 8:50 am Tuesday 25 Aug, just because that's what I normally do following a firmware update and that was the first opportunity for a reboot.  I run the modem in Bridge mode and haven't had any issues accessing the modem or the DOCSIS WAN page with this version loaded.  Previously with .31 and .32 loaded, the modem's user interface would hang and even if I could log into the modem, it wasn't possible to access the DOCSIS WAN page without the user interface hanging.  I never did see any real issues with internet performance with either .31 or .32.  For now, with .33 loaded for 4+ days, so far, so good.  I still have a series of ICMP and TCP/IP ping and dns query tests to run before I come to any conclusion.  

Davedes
I'm Here A Lot

I've noticed since loading 7.1.1.32 onto my modem that after a short period the web interface becomes unavailable.  A reboot restores it but sure enough after a day or two it tanks out again.  I'm running in bridge mode.