FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

@RogersIan did this new firmware get pushed out to my modem ? Since this morning my modem has not been working does it have to do with this new firmware? I can’t even log into the modem using 192.168.... I have restarted the modem 2 times did something go wrong or is it a area issue ?

@rogerslan
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Hi;

I was just wondering if I changed my modem, do I have to give you

guys the new Serial Number & etc. I was on the Beta program.

Thank you for your help.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@MANUNITEDONE you should send an update to @CommunityHelps with the new modem serial number and HFC MAC address which is found on the modem product sticker or on the STATUS page which is displayed when you log into the modem.  

@lethalsniper I'd call tech support to see if they can query the modem for the current firmware version.  It might be an area issue or perhaps an issue with an update if that has occurred.  I've seen one post indicating that another customer had to set the modem up again from scratch following the update.  If you call tech support and they can actually query the modem for the current firmware version, you would know whether or not to consider running a manual factory reset. If it has been updated, I'd run a factory reset.  I haven't seen the update yet, so, this is taking time to occur. 

Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

It’s working now after I Did a factory reset looks like the modem didn’t restarted properly after the update ? Just ran some speed test download is so low after the update I’m getting 100 MB on download .. what is this new update supposed to do ?

@Datalink @RogersIan
Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

@RogersIan anyone else having speed issues with this new update? My speeds have dropped big time
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Speeds are horrible, lost a bunch of my configurations with the update.

I tried doing a factory reset and wouldn't get above 100mbps. Very disappointed.

How can I get only 100mbps when I'm wired? Unacceptable when I'm paying for gigabit.

Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

Same as me I’m only getting 100mb my highest since the new firmware.. @RogersIan why was this update pushed to my modem if I already told you guys I don’t want to be on the beta firmware?
Highlighted
Product Manager
Product Manager

Our apologies to those who have experienced issues and those who still are experiencing issues after the update.
We are investigating the cause and trying to replicate in our lab.

@ablattThis build is being released to those who have signed up.
@JohnBeaudin OFDMA is not enabled network wide yet, but is in testing. We need our modems to support it which this new code does.
@RyzenFX The reason for the firmware version to change from a 2.  to 7. is the Intel SDK version being used has changed.

I will do my best to provide you updates as we work through the issues being reported.
Thank you for your patience.
RogersIan
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

Thanks for the update @RogersIan

Is there some of you that didn't had issues with the new firmware?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Mine seems OK so far.  I'm running in Bridge Mode.