FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Product Manager
Product Manager

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

As some of you have guessed we don't have much to share on the firmware front.

Code for CODA-4582 is still in the testing phase, we need a reliable build to support OFDMA. Once we have that we will definitely share it here with the community and look for your feedback. 

On the AC side of devices we have begun the roll out of 4.5.8.40 to our customers. This is the version we shared with this community a few months ago.

RogersIan

I Plan to Stick Around

Last night I noticed my internet slowed down to a crawl, I logged into the modem and noticed a 4th upstream channel, and my signals are a bit lower then before.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

https://www.lightreading.com/cable/docsis/cablelabs-kicks-off-pursuit-of-docsis-40/d/d-id/752355?

Docsis 4.0 should be ready by 2021, it means around 2026-2030 We will likely see it on Rogers Network.

Just doing my Monthly check-in, forum has been dead for the last month.

Is there any progress towards D3.1 upstream?

I Plan to Stick Around

I agree way to quiet. No new firmware updates no news on D3.1 upstream... who knows if the CODA will continue into the future? New modem coming?

Microsoft® MVP Windows Insider - Windows Security

@Triple_Helix 

Seems like the forum is completely dead, wish we had some insight like we used to have before, I really miss the RogersDave era it was amazing.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@JohnBeaudin wrote:

@Triple_Helix 

Seems like the forum is completely dead, wish we had some insight like we used to have before, I really miss the RogersDave era it was amazing.

Indeed not the same as before.....updates were provided and issues addressed. Gig Speed used to be 1G/50MB.. Up was always close to 50...now max at 30.... while Down usually swings greatly... between 250 - 800GB.  Complains get fixed for a while and then you go through same routine again every couple months. Lately HGS (Rogers Technical Outsourcing group - Hinduja Global Solutions) tries to resolve speed issues remotely, which works for while and until speeds degrades again, etc. Speed Consistency remains a major issue. Now the recommended speed test is to use Netflix FAST.com.  The Coda 4582 is aging and maybe time for Rogers to allow customers to use their own Cable Modems. Has anyone  tried to use Netgear's Orbi Cable modem (CBK40) and successfully installed a hi-speed Mesh network. Seems technology is evolving in this direction. I know Rogers Ignite Wall-to-Wall internet uses Amazon's Eero Mesh ....but it would be nice to have a choice. Smiley Happy  

@RogersIan Any updates on the OFDMA & Bandsteering code for the CODA-4582? 

@RyzenFX @RogersIan 

I'd love to have that answer as well..

Now in the meantime Ignite TV will be released on August 21 in N-B , Can I get that modem instead of the CODA, it can't be worst, I have to reboot 5-6 times a day every single day, and I contacted rogers support often and I am on my 4th or 5th CODA modem already.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As far as I am aware, you can only get the ignite modem, when you get the ignite TV service as well.