Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

We are currently offering our users an exclusive opportunity to participate in an upcoming trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACR, CGN3AMR and CGN3ACSMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). For details of this program, please see this thread.

This thread will be used for feedback regarding the firmware.  We've invited @RogersSergio@RogersSyd & @RogersBob from our Networking team to participate in this thread.  Your feedback is very valuable and will be used to enhance the firmware before it is released publicly.

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

4,921 REPLIES 4,921

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Triple_Helix
I plan to stick around

@RogersIan wrote:

@JohnBeaudin 

Apologies for the silence, I wish I had more to share.

CGN3AC - We are carefully moving forward with .40. 

CODA - Still testing the new code which brings items discussed earlier in the year.

RogersIan

Isn't the CODA the Main Modem for Gigabit users? Why not get it working as it should be and get the Upload going with DOCSIS® 3.1 and get the speed up as well! 

soundwave80
I plan to stick around
The CODA certainly isn't worth the $10 a month I'm being charged for it, wish I stuck with the CGNM 3552.

Triple_Helix
I plan to stick around

@soundwave80 wrote:
The CODA certainly isn't worth the $10 a month I'm being charged for it, wish I stuck with the CGNM 3552.

Unless they come out with a newer Modem only the CODA will support full DOCSIS® 3.1 on both the Download and Upload channels.

WestPoint
I plan to stick around

@RogersMargaret and @CommunityHelps  have not logged in, in days/weeks, who do I need to contact too update my modem on file for the beta?

I was enrolled, but my modem was having serious T3 issues lately and the senior tech told me too change it, but now Im on the old firmware and I REALLY CANT STAND IT.... if I cant get back too 36T6 by the end of this week, I think im done and canceling all my serivces with them on all my accounts at all my address.... this is just non-sense that 33T3 is still the standard release, I need 36T6 back!!! I've lost DHCP reservations, which I alone helped RogersDave find and address, and im rather ticked off that I dont have the firmware back now

WestPoint
I plan to stick around

Id also like too add a suggestion to a furture firmware release...

the ability too import/export DHCP reservation tables...... I have already 31 reservations setup, and that still doesnt cover every device in my home yet because I've gone smart home ontop of a family of 4 with individual devices.

Having too manually enter them everytime I need too factory reset the modem or replace it, is a real time waster,

being able too export the current configuration to an excel file and then re-import it on the new device, would be very handy

WestPoint
I plan to stick around

Just an update for anyone else still using this forum and looking too join the BETA or contact someone about the beta,

The CommunityHelps profile, is setup to forward the messages to other MODs, so dont be afarid too still msg there for Beta firmware or help, someone will get back to you, they did for me, and im VERY GREATFUL, I couldnt stand having 33T3 again compared too 36T6...

MAD RESPECTS ROGERS COMMUNITY TEAM!!! Havnt gotten good Customers Service from any company in a long time, feels very good to have people who care and ACT on things, not just spout company lines or say they cant help

WestPoint
I plan to stick around

Also, when/if you release an update too 36T6, I will deff come back and keep posting my experiences as I did with all other firmwares, but since there havnt been updates since October, notifying you of the same issues continuosly seemed counter-productive.

As of right now, MY biggest issue with these CODAs is the frequency in which I recieve t3 times outs and my internet completely dies. Its upto multiple times a day. I had a senior tech out last month, replaced every single inch of coax between my modem and cable box, and right thru my entire house, outside, across my yard, and down the street to the local node. EVERY INCH. and now Im still getting t3 time outs, so the next recommendation was swap the modem, which I've done and as of today Im back on 36T6 beta firmware, not 33T3 production standard.

33T3 I had gotten ralready t3 time outs, not too mention a host of other issues like no DHCP Reservations working, and now im back on 36T6, I've already seen one in my DOCSIS log, and im sure Ill experience the drop when it happens again, I was out running errands when it occurred this morning, litterally 2 min after being flashed 36T6.

but yea, t3 time outs are my biggest concern, any idea if that has been address with this coming update?

RyzenFX
I'm a reliable contributor

@RogersIan Is everything still on track for a Q2 launch for OFDMA?

mozerd
I plan to stick around

Just a heads up for ALL on the CODA track:

I m no longer using the CODA having switched to IGNITE TV.

When I switch to Ignite TV I requested [and got] the Technicolor Gateway [with the Broadcom chip] ….. Its been 28 days now on Ignite TV and I can report that my gaming performance and Network Stability has seen a DRAMTIC 'consistent/persistent' improvement. I for 1 would encourage ALL to switch to IGNTE TV and the Technicolor Gateway. You can only get the Technicolor Gateway if you subscribe to Ignite TV package that include Internet.

In my case I cannot comment on the Quality and capability of the Technicolor Gateway as a standalone gateway device because I use the Technicolor Gateway in BRIDGE mode where my MikroTik Router acts as the gateway. But I certainly can comment that the Technicolor Gateway in bridge mode is IMO dramatically more stable than the CODA was/is in bridge mode. 

David Mozer
IT-Expert on Call

soundwave80
I plan to stick around
Lucky you ,It would certainly be nice if Roger's gave all their customers a good internet service without having to bundle a TV service.

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

@RyzenFX 

I'd be surprised OFDMA would be ready for Q2.

Rogers is being really vague and silent about it and we have no answers in this forum.

At this point I am hoping to get it by the end of 2019, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's pushed to 2020 again.

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

@RogersIan 

Is OFDMA delayed further to Q3,Q4 this year?

soundwave80
I plan to stick around
I'm thinking more along the lines of Q2 in 2025

mcsandy
I plan to stick around

It should be up at least by the time Elon's space internet constellation of 12000 satellites are up and running, come on have some faith. 

@RogersIan I had to reset my modem recently due to 2000 ms spikes in an online game that disappeared after doing a reboot. Not sure what would cause that issue. I was able to see the spikes with the diagnostic tool in game and it was not related to server location.

AOD999
I plan to stick around
Sadly, I’m moving tomorrow to a new apartment that has Fiber optics from bell. I’ll have to leave the test and Rogers behind.

soundwave80
I plan to stick around
I've been having issues lately too, my signal levels have dropped a bit. Bell looks more appealing everyday.

Square
I'm a reliable contributor

I would switch to Bell also if they ever switch my area higher then 50!   As for this beta program, is it worth to stay on it?  The excuse at December was the holidays, now it's been over 7 months without a update!!

mcsandy
I plan to stick around

Seems like the implementation of the 3.1 upstream is more complicated than Rogers must have initially thought. You can see why Ian doesn't want to give dates cause it just creates angry users when they are passed. It would be nice to at least give us some in-depth info of whats happening a little more often though.

ej464
I've been here awhile

I would guess either software problems, stability problems in copper or optical beat interference problems in RFoG.

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

At this point we know it's likely that they are struggling with the OFDMA deployment, however being silent about it only adds frustration, I would rather have negative updates than just dead air and no communications. 

mcsandy
I plan to stick around

My modem rebooted last night and now shows 4 upstream channels. I assume thats some sort of local node upgrade?