FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Product Manager
Product Manager

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Hi @JohnBeaudin

The network teams have been testing OFDMA and working through the issues.

If all goes well we'll be looking to roll out enablement in 2019.

G

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@RogersGordon

That's great to hear, thank you!

I Plan to Stick Around

@mcsandy wrote:

On 36T6 speeds look as usual.

36T6

@mcsandy  If you are getting this on average.....that's great. I am on CODA 36T6 and average:

Down 450 Up 40.  Consistency is the real problem.....Up is good but down sucks when you're paying for 1000. If average was around 800 I would be happy. Below test results over last 30 days using 6 different hosts, including Rogers. Speed.jpg

I Plan to Stick Around

@rjmaxim

Note im in a condo with fiber direct to the unit. Most people in my building are on Bell as well.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Triple_Helix wrote:

@Datalink wrote:

@Triple_Helix, I wouldn't trade the modem in just yet.  I'd give @RogersIan or @RogersGordon a chance to have a look at it first, if you can wait for a day or two.  Can you call tech support back and ask the Customer Service Rep what the OFDM channel QAM number is at the present time?  I'm curious if that number has dropped significantly from its normal 1024 level.

It's back to normal as I tried my other laptop via Ethernet and the speeds were good so reinstalled my Ethernet adapter driver and all is back to normal. Smiley Wink

Still running well since I reinstalled my Network Card Driver!

Microsoft® MVP Windows Insider - Windows Security
I'm a Regular

You're lucky.  While my downstream speeds on my 500/20 plan are fairly consistent at 500-540, my upstream has been all over the place for the past week, accompanied by packet loss.  After 8pm nightly it's particularly bad with an avg of 3-7 Mbps up.  Network team says there's nothing wrong, and the tech that came to the house today also says there's nothing wrong with anything in the house as my signal and SNR levels are optimal.  Yet the tech support agent I spoke to this morning (to schedule the tech visit) did mention that she sees packet loss across multiple modems in the area.  You would think it's an area issue and that maintenance would need to come out?...but nope...nothing scheduled.  I'm on the phone with tech support again, and I'm going to keep at them every day until this is fixed.  So frustrating...I should not have to do this.  Waiting patiently for Bell to roll out FTTH.

I Plan to Stick Around

I am having the exact same issue, except my upload speed tops out at 30mbps.  It's brutal.  Things were awful for me for about a year, and then Rogers must have fixed something because I got the full gigabit speed for about a month.  And then now I can't break 500mbps no matter what time of day I test at or which server I use.  I think I will contact them.  I might just switch down to the 500mbps plan if it's cheaper seeing as that's all they seem to be able to deliver to me.

I'm a Regular

Interesting observation about 2 CODA-4582U (HW version 2A) units that I had. A few months ago I swapped a first generation CODA for the newer U (HW 2A) iteration. When I hooked it up and powered it up, it had firmware 33T3 although there was a newer production firmware version at the time. So I rebooted the modem several times and it remained on 33T3. I eventually had the latest trial firmware pushed down at the time. Fast forward to today. I decided to swap out the modem again for another 4582U (HW 2A) and test it out over the next week while I “patiently” wait for the 2nd tech to swing by on Nov 5th to see if he can fix my low upload/packet loss issues. I figured why not try another modem to see if that’s the cause of my problems. Hooked up the new modem, and after boot up, again it was firmware 33T3. Rebooted 3 times but no luck...still 33T3. I reached out to CommunityHelps to have them push down 36T6 but I find it strange that 2 out of 2 CODA 2A modems exhibited the same behaviour with latest production firmware not auto loading on reboot as it’s supposed to. Anyone else with a 2A model notice this?
I Plan to Stick Around

Ok I have solved the problem with the 36T6 firmware.  I was getting extremely slow speeds.  I have determined the reason:  bridge mode.  With bridge mode enabled my speeds were brutal.  I did not have these problems on previous firmware versions.  I have a high end router with a good CPU.  Anyhow, once I disabled bridge mode, I got the full gigabit speed again right away.  Here are the steps for those of you that want to do this:

- set your router's IP address to 192.168.0.2

- hit "apply" for both (I did the CODA modem first; I used two tabs to apply them in quick secession)

- while the units are rebooting themselves, connect an ethernet cable from one of the CODA modem's ethernet ports to one of your router's ethernet ports (do not use the WAN port on your router; just a regular port)

This seems like a strange bug to me.  Hopefully the Rogers technicians can figure this out.

I'm a Regular

I tried putting it back in gateway mode but sadly it doesn’t fix my upload speed issues or my packet loss. Gateway mode or bridged, my download speeds are 600 over ethernet and 500-550 over wifi (wifi using my own router...haven’t tested wifi with coda in gateway), but still only about 12 upstream on average and still as low as 3-5 in the evenings after 8pm. The only times I can hit my full 20 upstream is very early in the mornings (before 7am).