FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

@rjmaxim wrote:

@FITIMS wrote:

@RogersSergio

@RogersGordon

What is the actual current trial firmware version?

Based on the Firm Update Report, the current Trial Firmware is 2.0.10.36T2 (July 25, 2018) (released July 25th).

Mine at the moment says 2.0.10.36T4 and the experience has been poor! Not-stable at all.

Does the 36T2 going to be pushed? or am I already on the current firmware but the post hasn't been updated?

Can someone please shed some light.

I am paying for 1 gigabit but getting around 300-500mb/s (something rogers has been hearing forever)...

Thanks

@RogersSergio @RogersGordon

Current Trial version I believe is 36T4.  Have expressed same concerns for last 3 months.....After V33T3 download speeds and network stability has gone done! (Scarborough South East area). Paying for 1GB service but received barely 250GB. Rogers IS NOT or WILLING to admit network or CMTS issues. With so many of us saying every day that there ARE problems ....it seems we do!  I hope that at least behind the scenes, Rogers and Hitron are putting their best Tech resources together to get this fixed ASAP. I have always liked Rogers...but my patience is running out. We accepted the trials and tribulations since May 2016...and it took over a year to Aug/Sep 2017 to get the CODA tuned and finally giving us 1GB speeds only to regress back to  2016 days. We paid for 1 gb service but accepted the trial pgm ....and put-up with mediocre performance with the expectation that it would be worth it. We have been the testers and pioneers for Rogers foray into Hi-Speed internet with RogersDave.......but after 2.5 years we have NOT made any progress. Pathetic!!......  Rogers it's time to walk the talk get some focus on this and deliver. As you can see from the attached speed tests.....There is a problem with the Roger's server (Note ping and speed)....also there appears to be a Network issue since the download phase is intermittent and cannot complete a full phase.       Speed.jpg     

**Image rejected due to IP address**

Missing Speed chart

Speed.jpg

I Plan to Stick Around

@rjmaxim

Here's different speed tests to various servers. You have to show more than one server on speedtrst.net as the variance is all over the place. Re-read your msg, your speed to rogers is quite low.speedtest.png

I'm a Reliable Contributor

In other news, Intel has finally released a firmware that fixes the DoS vulnerability affecting Puma 5, 6, and 7 chips. Hoping the gateways (CODA-4582, CGN Series) are updated soon with the firmware. @RogersGordon @RogersSergio is Hitron working on a firmware with the fix?

Article about the news above: http://www.lightreading.com/cable/cable-modem-cmts/intel-issues-firmware-fix-for-cable-modem-chips-/...

I dunno, I'm still waiting for update 39 for the AC modem!  Listed on the 1st page as July 25, yet almost 1 month later and no news whatsoever what's going on!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Square
There was an issue they found after they did some rollouts. They rolled it back. Apparently it triggered some bad frequent reboot loops
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersSergio,

Since my CGN3ACSMR as been updated to firmware 4.5.8.39T2 I've been having constant reboots, any chance it can be rolled back to the previous firmware.

Thanks.

I Plan to Stick Around

Bufferbloat spikes as high as 700ms on download and 125ms on upload, good grief.

Bufferbloat is normal for me on 36.T4. Only gets as high as 23ms on dl/ul. Are you on the same firmware?

I Plan to Stick Around

No just the regular firmware. Does the trial firmware fix the bufferbloat? Ping right now is pretty decent but that bufferbloat tho...
I Plan to Stick Around

@soundwave80

This is what I get on the current trial firmware for buffer bloat.

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/37372055