Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

We are currently offering our users an exclusive opportunity to participate in an upcoming trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACR, CGN3AMR and CGN3ACSMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). For details of this program, please see this thread.

This thread will be used for feedback regarding the firmware.  We've invited @RogersSergio@RogersSyd & @RogersBob from our Networking team to participate in this thread.  Your feedback is very valuable and will be used to enhance the firmware before it is released publicly.

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

4,921 REPLIES 4,921

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Geezup
I plan to stick around

CGN3ROG firmware update 5.8.37T5

After this update it seems my modem has a lot of new features. Seem to be having trouble saving settings now. Has anyone else had problems with saving settings?

Geezup
I plan to stick around
i haven't read anything about this firmware update. Anyone else?

soundwave80
I plan to stick around
35t1 firmware cut my upload speeds in half. Also website load times have increased significantly. Kids complaining about being disconnected from Xbox live. Im ready to give up on cable internet .

mcsandy
I plan to stick around

@soundwave80

Interesting I'm seeing the exact opposite for me, this firmware is hitting max speed tests during the 5-10 pm hours every time I test. Previous firmware it was all over the place.

Mind sharing your signal levels and maybe some speed tests? What package are you on? Could perhaps be congestion in your area.

@soundwave80 if you haven't done a modem reboot since the firmware update can you do that by running it via the modem's user interface, or, just pull the power plug, wait 10 to 15 seconds and plug it back in to force a restart.  

Is the XBox connected via ethernet or wifi, and if its via wifi, is it via 2.4 or 5. Ghz network?

Robleh
I plan to stick around

@Datalink 

101/01/1970 00:00:2468000401warningToD request sent - No Response received;CM-MAC=;CMTS-MAC=;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
201/01/1970 00:00:3168000500criticalTFTP failed - Request sent - No Response;CM-MAC=-MAC=a;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
301/01/1970 00:00:3168001101criticalTFTP Request Retries exceeded, CM unable to register
401/01/1970 00:00:1868000401warningToD request sent - No Response received;CM-MAC=;CMTS-MAC=bd:1a;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
501/01/1970 00:00:3168000500criticalTFTP failed - Request sent - No Response;CM-MAC=;CMTS-MAC=;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
601/01/1970 00:00:3168001101criticalTFTP Request Retries exceeded, CM unable to register
701/01/1970 00:01:0482000200criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=;CMTS-MAC=;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
806/08/2018 20:40:0390000000warningMIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1;CM-MAC=;CMTS-MAC=:1a;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1

Do you know what these errors mean? just disconnected 

soundwave80
I plan to stick around
I tried the reboot, it didn't help . The Xbox is Ethernet connection. My ping times are around 15-24 ms and jitter is around 12 for what it's worth.

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

Feedback on .35T1

It's the less stable from the past 3 or 4 versions I have tested so far.

I get random spike lags in online games going from 50ms to 300ms for 3-4 secs , it's unplayable it does that every minute or so, only way is to reboot the modem then it's a bit better for a couple hours and then it comes back.

I don't suggest to rollout this version to PUBLIC, hopefully the issues with this software will be resolved in the future firmware test build.

rivx
I'm here a lot

switching to this firmware fixed all the latency issues i was having ever since switching to rogers, holy moly!

rivx
I'm here a lot

image.pngit seems like my upstream signal levels are out of touch. the downstream signals vary between 0 and 5 dBmV.

Shafeen
I plan to stick around

@rivx 

What version are you using?

I have had problems for 2 months now with the new modem after I switched to the 500u plan.

Extremely frustrated as the latency and packet loss issues are making the internet unusable.  YouTube buffers, pages take forever to load. How can this be is you're on 500u!

Drivindan
I'm here a lot

Is 4.5.8.21 the latest release or just the version that comes installed on CGNM-3552?

rivx
I'm here a lot

@Shafeen 2.0.10.35T1

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

I am on Gigabit speed, Ethernet, speedtest 

Ping: 13 ms

Download 950 mbs

Upload 33 mbs

on the latest firmware with coda .35T1 and online gaming been terrible lately with huge lag spike and such so it's definitely a common issue if you check Online Gaming Thread a lot of people are experiencing the same thing as I do.

mcsandy
I plan to stick around

@JohnBeaudin

The more likely culprit of your latency spikes is congestion in your routing. Have you done any tracing to confirm where the spikes are coming from? Your modem on average should be around 1 ms. If you can run wire shark and capture the spikes it would be helpful to the firmware team im sure. Overall gaming latency and streaming has been the best experience for me on this firmware. My streams previously were buffering constantly on the last version.

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

@mcsandy

I did ping the modem I get 1 ms with no packet loss

For me it's the opposite I never hard this issue on previous firmware it just started with this one!

blues_clues
I plan to stick around

@Shafeen wrote:

@rivx 

What version are you using?

I have had problems for 2 months now with the new modem after I switched to the 500u plan.

Extremely frustrated as the latency and packet loss issues are making the internet unusable.  YouTube buffers, pages take forever to load. How can this be is you're on 500u!

I am also having problems after switching from the Gigabit plan to 500u.  I think it is more network related rather than firmware as I had good download, upload and latency while under 2.0.10.35T1 and Gigabit.  Something has changed as I am now rarely getting above 2Mbps upload during the day while on 500u. Maybe the traffic shaping policies need to be checked?  All my signal levels have stayed consistent.  I did see yesterday that some of my modem channels had dropped down to 64QAM but a reboot had them come back to 256QAM.   However, upload and download speeds were unchanged.

Makaveli99
I plan to stick around

My Feedback on .35T1

This has been the best firmware for me when it comes to latency. I've not seen any dropped connections and things are running great.

Look at these results

http://www.dslreports.com/tools/puma6

puma 6 test 5.png

Shafeen
I plan to stick around

My results are not ok..

Capture.PNG

c0d3r
I've been here awhile

My CODA firmware was upgraded to 35T1 on Jun. 4, it was running fine, but this morning it suddenly downgraded to 34T6 again, Whats going on Rogers????

Shafeen
I plan to stick around

Mine was just downgraded too... What's going on?