Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

We are currently offering our users an exclusive opportunity to participate in an upcoming trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACR, CGN3AMR and CGN3ACSMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). For details of this program, please see this thread.

This thread will be used for feedback regarding the firmware.  We've invited @RogersSergio@RogersSyd & @RogersBob from our Networking team to participate in this thread.  Your feedback is very valuable and will be used to enhance the firmware before it is released publicly.

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

4,921 REPLIES 4,921

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Hi @aube

Although I don't have a specific date when we will have a new version of firmware I can confirm that we do have a new code in the works.

Regards
RogersSergio

aube
I plan to stick around

Hi @RogersSergio,

It' good to know, many thanks.

WestPoint
I plan to stick around

@Datalink @RogersDave

OK, so any ideas on what the heck happened to my internet... it dropped and I had to do another manual unplug and reboot of the modem.... it was on and said it had IP, but none of my devices had internet, just intranet, like I could log in to the CODA but not get online even tho it had both IPv4 & 6 address

here are the Docsis Events; its the 16 time outs that worries me...

1203/21/2018 10:52:0884000500criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=*********;CMTS-MAC=*********;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
1303/21/2018 10:57:1482000200criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=*********;CMTS-MAC=*********;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
1403/21/2018 10:57:2082000300criticalRanging Request Retries exhausted;CM-MAC=*********;CMTS-MAC=*********;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
1503/21/2018 10:57:2082000800critical16 consecutive T3 timeouts while trying to range on upstream channel 3;CM-MAC=*********;CMTS-MAC=*********;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
1603/21/2018 10:57:4682000200criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=*********;CMTS-MAC=*********;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
1703/21/2018 10:57:5182000300criticalRanging Request Retries exhausted;CM-MAC=*********;CMTS-MAC=*********;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
1803/21/2018 10:57:5182000800critical16 consecutive T3 timeouts while trying to range on upstream channel 1;CM-MAC=*********;CMTS-MAC=*********;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
1903/21/2018 10:58:0582000200criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=*********;CMTS-MAC=*********;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
2003/21/2018 11:00:1790000000warningMIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1;CM-MAC=*********;CMTS-MAC=*********;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

@WestPoint

Based on the log info I took a quick look at your RF signal levels and your Upstream is too low.
If you would like I can have someone reach out to you in order to perform some troubleshooting on your connection. Worst case a technician may need to be dispatched to fix your levels. Please let me know if you would like me to arrange a call out or if you would prefer calling into Tech Support when you are free.

Not sure of your in home wiring but if you have a splitter between the line coming into the home and the gateway you can try removing it to see if that resolves the issue.

Cheers,

RogersSergio

@WestPoint@RogersDave has departed Rogers for Hitron.

Looking at the events, I would think that there was some type of cable or CMTS fault.  That would be indicated by the loss of Sync at the top.  The No Ranging Response is from the modem attempting to arrange a maintenance period with the CMTS, and for whatever reason, the CMTS doesn't respond and the modem times out.  It records the event and keeps on chugging, attempting to arrange another maintenance period.  

Here's a couple of links to a short description of the MIMO event:

https://www.speedguide.net/faq/what-does-the-mimo-event-mimo-log-message-mean-393

https://volpefirm.com/top-10-docsis-terms/

Read item #3

I would interpret the event as a loss of the Primary Downstream Channel, which allows the modem to regain communications with the CMTS.  I've seen MIMO events that result in the modem going off-line and recovering and events that have had no effect at all.  I don't know what separates the two groups into a failure group and a non-failure group.  

In your case, something happened.  Maybe it was a one of due to CMTS maintenance?   Hopefully its not a recurring event. 

Triple_Helix
I plan to stick around

@RogersSergio@RogersBob  any idea when you will turn on DOCSIS 3.1 on the upload channels?

TIA,

Daniel

WestPoint
I plan to stick around

@RogersSergio @Datalink

I would tend to lean towards your answer @Datalink, only because, last year, I had 6 techs out over 4 months, and in that process they replaced EVERY piece of cable, from my modem, to the ONLY splitter, outside in the gray box on the sisde of my house, and then accross my yard, and down the street to the junction, and I watched him do it, because by the last guy, I was fed up and wanted answers to my signal drops.

If there is anything that can be checked now, I would love to have a tech come out again, and make sure that everything is good and that the connection at the junction is good and what not, but I dont think cable replacement or splitter replacement/removal is needed, possibly the connection ends are loose outside or at the junction, or as you said @Datalink could be maintainence, but I would really like an answer, because to get those errors means a sustained lost connection, and Im really not looking for that kind of service, I'll upgrade to Fibe Direct into my home with Bell, for the same price I have with Rogers, before I pay for dropping signals much longer. Sorry if thats abit rude, but ive just about had it with this modem.

vulture
I plan to stick around

Hi folks,

Not sure if anyone else seem to observe similar issues with dlna however I seem to have sporadic disconnects between my pc and tv.

In a nutshell, I did restart the pc and tv couple times to see if this would  help with no luck. I rebooted the coda-4582u router instead and right away dlna stream was back between pc and tv.

Rogers, can we view if dlna support on routers up to date with latest beta T11 ?

DavidPC
I plan to stick around

Could someone from Rogers confirm the current production firmware of the CODA-4582?

I had particular trouble getting 2.0.10.33T3 pushed to my CODA in the first place, as it wasn't picking up any updates upon countless reboots / factory resets.

After calling in, Tier 1 Tech Support said they did notice my firmware was out of date, but a ticket would have to be created to update it. Upon creating that ticket I was later informed there was a "delay resolving" the issue; after getting in touch with Tier 1 again to inquire about my ticket, I was told my firmware push was on hold because 2.0.10.33T3 is no longer being actively deployed because of Wi-Fi issues.

So I asked the CommunityForums team to push 2.0.10.33T3, and have had no issues whatsoever. Keep in mind when I tried doing a factory reset, the firmware reverted to 2.0.10.28T2, reacting as if the firmware was a trial firmware, so it would appear that 2.0.10.28T2 is the production firmware for potentially my area or (now?) the 1A variant of the CODA-4582U.

(FYI: I am personally now on the T11 trial, so this may have changed in the last 2 days)

Specifically for the engineering team: any plans to push 4.5.8.35T2 network wide for the CGN3AC modems? It seems that it has been in trial for almost half a year now, with great improvements to a current production firmware thats nearing 2.5 years old.

Thanks for all the hard work team!

Hi DavidPC

I apologize for the challenges you have encountered with getting the firmware upgraded on your device.

We have experienced a few challenges with some of our systems which impacted our ability to finalize the update to the 2.0.10.33T3 firmware on boot. Further we identified a Wi-Fi issue with this code; to prevent customers being impacted from being able to self resolve through a factory reset we opted to keep the 2.0.10.28T2 firmware on boot.

We are finalizing the testing on the latest code (thank you for participating in the firmware trial) which we are looking to roll out shortly which will also include an update to the on boot firmware.

As for the AC code... I don't have a good update at the moment... focus shifted and needs to be brought back.

I will do my best to provide updates as we go.

Thank you,

RogersSergio

@Triple_Helix

We don't have any specific timelines to share at the moment but work is ongoing.

Cheers,
RogersSergio

Hello @WestPoint,

I can completely understand your frustration. A stable connection is definitely important. 

If you'd like us to run some diagnostics and potentially dispatch a technician, please send a Private Message to @CommunityHelps when you have a chance.  For more info on our Private Message system, check out this page

RogersShaun

vulture
I plan to stick around
Hi Rogers,
I think this fall between the cracks 🙂

Can it be confirmed if there are pending issues with DLNA and any works in progress/planned ?

Thanks

Hi @vulture,

My apologies if we missed your previous post.

It would be best to direct your inquiry to @RogersSergio as he might know if the firmware has any issues/fixes with DLNA.

RogersShaun

@vulture

I am not currently aware of any pending issues with DLNA but I am asking the question of our internal teams as well as Hitron to understand if there is anything.

Do you have a specific issue that you are encountering that I can add to my feedback. Any info you can share would be helpful.

Cheers,
RogersSergio

vulture
I plan to stick around

@RogersSergiowrote:

@vulture

I am not currently aware of any pending issues with DLNA but I am asking the question of our internal teams as well as Hitron to understand if there is anything.

Do you have a specific issue that you are encountering that I can add to my feedback. Any info you can share would be helpful.

Cheers,
RogersSergio

Thanks Sergio for your answer !

I am unable to see anywhere on coda to enable syslog and only able to see docsis events for any diagnostics purpose.

Do we have anyway to access logs on this router ? Maybe then I can provide more details.

Best

deus
I plan to stick around

I have posted a DLNA issue here detailing how the Hitron modem looses WIFI connection to the Samsung  Smart tv and constantly requires a reboot.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Can-t-get-my-new-smart-tv-to-connect-to-my-wifi-networ...

@vulture

Unfortunately we do not currently allow for syslog captures within the device. I will see if this can be added in the future but for the moment I am sorry to say it does not exist.

Cheers,

RogersSergio

@deus

I am taking your issue back into our lab and asking the vendor to see if they can either replicate or provide additional information that may help us get to the bottom of this issue.

With all the consumer electronics out in the field it is extremely difficult to have access to it all let alone be able to test it all.

We may need your help to further troubleshoot this issue; I will reach out at that time

Regards,

RogersSergio

RogersSergio
Product Manager
Product Manager

Thank you all for your ongoing feedback.

With your help we are continuing to identify and fix a number of issues that affect all our customers so I want to thank you all for your help.

As part of this ongoing improvement I want to let everyone know that I have new firmware for CODA (2.0.10.34T5) and AC (4.5.8.38T4) devices

We will be updating the notes at the top of the forum shortly.

In the meantime I will be working to roll out the new firmware to everyone over the next few days.

As always please let us know of any issues that are experienced.

Thank you,

RogersSergio

Nadernt
I plan to stick around

Oof. Got the new firmware, but I'm getting a ton of packet loss, poor speeds, and some disconnects. Gonna restart modem to see if that helps, but here is my event log from the firmware update onward. Can anyone explain what the Unicast Maintenance requests etc. are??

Edit: speedtest is good after I made this post. It may have just been those maintenance requests giving me packet loss and disconnects, I'm not sure. But whatever was causing it, it seems to have gone away.

503/29/2018 04:39:4290000000warningMIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1;CM-MAC=x;CMTS-MAC=x;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
603/29/2018 06:28:5882000200criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=x;CMTS-MAC=x;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
703/29/2018 06:28:5982000300criticalRanging Request Retries exhausted;CM-MAC=x;CMTS-MAC=x;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
803/29/2018 06:28:5982000600criticalUnicast Maintenance Ranging attempted - No response - Retries exhausted;CM-MAC=x;CMTS-MAC=x;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
903/29/2018 06:29:0582000200criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=x;CMTS-MAC=xCM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
1003/29/2018 06:29:0682000300criticalRanging Request Retries exhausted;CM-MAC=x;CMTS-MAC=x;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
1103/29/2018 06:29:0682000600criticalUnicast Maintenance Ranging attempted - No response - Retries exhausted;CM-MAC=x;CMTS-MAC=x;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
1203/29/2018 06:44:0682000400criticalReceived Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out;CM-MAC=x;CMTS-MAC=x;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
1303/29/2018 06:44:2782000200criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=x;CMTS-MAC=x;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
1403/29/2018 06:44:2882000400criticalReceived Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out;CM-MAC=x;CMTS-MAC=x;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
1503/29/2018 06:44:3182000200criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=x;CMTS-MAC=x;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
1603/29/2018 06:44:3282000300criticalRanging Request Retries exhausted;CM-MAC=x;CMTS-MAC=x;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
1703/29/2018 06:44:3282000600criticalUnicast Maintenance Ranging attempted - No response - Retries exhausted;CM-MAC=x;CMTS-MAC=x;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
1803/29/2018 06:44:3682000400criticalReceived Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out;CM-MAC=x;CMTS-MAC=x;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
1903/29/2018 06:45:0182000200criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=x;CMTS-MAC=x;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
2003/29/2018 06:45:1490000000warningMIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1;CM-MAC=x;CMTS-MAC=x;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;