FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Hi folks,

I am observing granular speed loss on 5GHz band after push of latest firmware. Did not observe it on previous versions.

This is how story goes;

1. When CODA-4582U is rebooted or wireless service on it rebooted from recycle button on wireless tab, things are great ! I can reach up to 150 mbps on speedtest.

2. Around 30 mins later, for some reason I see a degradation to my speeds down to 5-10 mbps

Above applies in both 80/40mhz widths

No new devices added to network

Observed on both my smart TV and laptop (distance to coda ~20m with 2 wall in between)

I am completely speculating here however , was there a new feature addition (ie.. beam forming) that may adjust QoS as it learns traffic patterns ? anyway I can increase priority to specific devices in my network ?

Thanks

I Plan to Stick Around

Hello. I have 2.0.10.28T2. Is this the latest version?  I rebooted and I don't see this version even in the list and I want the latest one as my speeds are 150x less than they should be and 5g barely works!

I Plan to Stick Around

That is default version out of the box. On the 1st page you will find releases in more detail
I've Been Here Awhile

@kara2 wrote:

Hello. I have 2.0.10.28T2. Is this the latest version?  I rebooted and I don't see this version even in the list and I want the latest one as my speeds are 150x less than they should be and 5g barely works!

If you want the latest version then call internet customer support and ask them to refer you to level 2 customer supprt...

Level 2 customer support should be able to push the latest firmware to you modem within one hour....

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I have received this e-mail

http://ebm.email.rogers.com/c/tag/hBanwveB7ga6EB9lmdlNsxSfwJx/doc.html?t_params=F0valFo9$TDhAfTV7AUE...

Basically it says:

We're investing in our networks across Canada so that we continue to deliver best-in-class experiences to our customers.Customers like you are doing more online, with an increased number of connected devices and a growing demand for data. In response, we've rolled out the next generation of cable technology across our network for enhanced performance. And, we're increasing capacity and coverage on our wireless network so you'll stay connected, worry-free, in even more places.

Question for @RogersBob , I assume you guys are working on 5G for the wireless, but what I am interested about is the cable internet, what enhancements are you guys working on other than D3.1 on the upstream?

I Plan to Stick Around

On getting the firmware '2.0.10.33T03' I noticed no fixing in speed, my 5g is still 2 percent of what I should be getting, and 2.4g is giving me half the speed I pay for. 

I Plan to Stick Around

My issue turned out to be the wireless chipset in my TV !

Let me put it this way.. they claim wireless router should be no more than 10ft away !

That is pathetic for one of the well known manufacturers to say for one of their higher end TV (LG OLED55B7P) !

I Plan to Stick Around

I now have reason to believe it is my dual band wireless internet adapter. It previously worked well with 5g but not for the CODA. Wired connection works flawless at 200mbps and phone is working well to, just not this computer. 

I Plan to Stick Around

It turned out to indeed be my internet adapter, it needed updated drivers and it never told me, the old drivers had a critical error that gave usb 2.0 speeds and other stuff, i am so happy its fixed. Im on the 150 plan and am now getting 170 speeds 🙂

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Congrats.   Nice to see that you're able to find the problem.  Fwiw, its still worth looking at the wifi environment to determine if you're able to run the wifi in the upper 5 Ghz range.  The higher power output in the upper channels will or should give you a larger range from the modem or router, and a faster data rate as well.  The combination of higher receive power and higher signal to noise ratios allow the wifi adapters to run more data bits and fewer error correction bits.  That combination of data and error bits is dynamic, changing all the time, but, if you can operate the wifi in the upper channels, then you should see it payoff as the data rate (data bits only) goes up.  Its all a matter of determining who else your competing with and what channels you can use 🙂