Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

We are currently offering our users an exclusive opportunity to participate in an upcoming trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACR, CGN3AMR and CGN3ACSMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). For details of this program, please see this thread.

This thread will be used for feedback regarding the firmware.  We've invited @RogersSergio@RogersSyd & @RogersBob from our Networking team to participate in this thread.  Your feedback is very valuable and will be used to enhance the firmware before it is released publicly.

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

4,921 REPLIES 4,921

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

lusky3
I've been here awhile

@RogersDave It looks like it must have been a glitch. When I first got updated to .32 from .28T, I turned on band steering but both the 2G and 5G networks were still visible (ie the settings didn't change).

I did a factory reboot since and went back to .32, and when I turned on Band Steering this time, the WiFi settings successfully changed to match.

This is also true for the port fowarding, it's now working no problem. Maybe something messed up with the update and my previous settings.

I have noticed the DHCP server/service seems to be locking up every so often, where my devices won't get an IP address but static works fine. Rebooting the modem fixes it.

And last thing that I'm still testing, since turning on bad steering if I start downloading a large file on my computer over WiFi, all other internet browsing cuts out. Never had that issue prior, but still looking into the cause.

tester2013
I plan to stick around

My in law got the Rogers Internet installed yesterday and I was there while the install was being done and had to setup their devices afterwards (they are not tech savvy). 

After the tech left and I went into the CODA router settings I noticed it says 4582U. Is this a newer version of the coda?

RyzenFX
I'm a reliable contributor

The CODA-4582U 1A is  the unbranded version of the CODA-4582 1A. There are no internal changes. 

ablatt
I plan to stick around

4.5.8.33 firmware must now be production on the CGN3ACSMR for some, because I just got in two days ago.  I am not registered for beta firmware.  My CGN3ACSMR at my office is still on .27 firmware so it hasn't been updated yet.

The first page of this thread should be updated to reflect the the new production version. 

I'm running in bridge mode and noticed a new MoCA menu tab under Status.  Not sure why it's there.

Too early to tell if there's any pluses or minuses compared to .27, but I haven't had any big problems yet.

Is .35 going to be pushed out soon?

@ablatt you should also see a new MoCA menu item located in BASIC .... MoCA.  That contains a MoCA enable/disable function which turns the modem into a MoCA adapter enabling its use in a home MoCA network.  You would have to ensure that there is a MoCA filter installed on the cable system where the cable enters the home.  That is to prevent MoCA data from leaving the home or entering the home from an external source. 

ablatt
I plan to stick around

The MoCA menu doesn't show up under Basic when in bridge mode.  Yet MoCA does show up under Status.

sepehr3
I've been here awhile

I have recently updated the firmware to 4.5.8.35 to solve the problem of not being able to cast on chromecast. The update indeed solved that problem but it causes a new one!  Around every 20 secs, the the wifi is disconnected for a few moments (around one second) and then is connected back.  Restarting the router solves the issue for a couple of minutes but after around 10 mintues the same issue arises. I was wondering if there is a solution for that.

georgic
I plan to stick around

After long time waiting for trial firmware I got 32.

I see it is USB 2.0 active and also MoCA which I am interested.

I hook up my MoCA 2.0 device and nothing. Activated in modem MoCA and try

to get connection over coax with and without password, but modem did not connect

to my device. I hook up Ethernet cable from computer bombarding modem for IP.

After 30 min both devices connected, but it was only 100M. My device has 1G ports and is able to transmit

up to 720 M. I try to play movie on my smart TV from my NAS HD, but all the time was stopping. ( I believe speed)

I left devices on and after few hours connection was gone. I believe that is something with beacon not sending signals. In the modem is nothing to set up expect enable and password. In modem on the page " Basic, MoCA"

can find help button, it say: " 

Moca allows us use coaxial cables to connect consumer electronics and home networking devices in homes.
You can set channel as SCAN with a channel range or a specific channel; for TransmitPowerLevel you can set the max tx power in 3dBm steps from 0 to 12; for BeaconPowerLevel you can specify how much power above "regular data power" beacons should be transmitted, valid values are 0, 3, 6, 9, 12, 15; for Security, if enabled you can set password with 12-17 digital characters long for connecting with other MoCA devices, if disabled the CM will connect with other MoCA devices without encryption authenticated."but is nothing to set it up.

gp-se
I'm an advisor

@sepehr3 wrote:

I have recently updated the firmware to 4.5.8.35 to solve the problem of not being able to cast on chromecast. The update indeed solved that problem but it causes a new one!  Around every 20 secs, the the wifi is disconnected for a few moments (around one second) and then is connected back.  Restarting the router solves the issue for a couple of minutes but after around 10 mintues the same issue arises. I was wondering if there is a solution for that.

All your wireless devices or just one? Either way after a firmware update I suggest you factory reset the Gateway, then set everything back up. To factory reset use a pen tip or similar to press and hold the reset button on the back of the Gateway down for 10 seconds, the modem should reboot after that.

roofed
I plan to stick around

Problem With wifi after firmware update

So After this new firmware update i got the other day my wifi has been acting weird

firmware: 4.5.8.33

model: cgn3acsmr

The problem is my two phones both connected to my 5G network will keep reconnecting over and over which does the same on 2.4ghz now here's the thing this is only happening on my two phones nexus 5x on android 8

on my tablet that's android 5 my wifi is 2.4ghz which seems to have no stability issues only the phones have this problem...
keep in mind the signal strength is perfect on all devices which makes no sense why the phones disconnect

I pretty much tried everything it all points this is the firmware's fault 

another thing if i do a speedtest most of the time the wifi will disconnect if it manages to pass download when it switches to upload it will disconnect i cannot do a successful speed test on the wifi on both phones.

Using a app called Wifi Analyzer i can see the network show up for a few seconds then goes away completely which then the phone scans and loses connection then the network will reappear then the phone connects again.

Ok so something weird is happening here i switched my phone to the 2.4ghz network now when i use the app i can see the 2.4ghz network seems stable but i still drop so i look at the 5ghz band and watch it drop when it drops my 2.4ghz connection drops now this again only happens on the phone as i have my tablet beside me which was working fine still

GMOatBMO
I've been here awhile

quick two cents.................after going through the exact symptoms on with .33  with Nexus phones as soon as I got .35 + a Factory Reset on Rogers Modem in Gateway Mode  WiFi life is full of joy - problem solved.

roofed
I plan to stick around

omg dude if that's the case why did they release this update cause i got it as a stable update is .35 coming soon to stable or do i need to get it as a beta

sepehr3
I've been here awhile

Factory reset was the solution. It worked like a charm.

Thanks for the help

Webslinger
I plan to stick around

@HKPolice1 wrote:

FW 2.0.10.32 on my CODA has been buggy. Few times a day, it would drop D3.1 and start lagging + packet loss.

Most pages wouldn't load or load very slowly when this happens. Rebooting the modem fixes it temporarily but I've had to reboot almost a dozen times already since 32 was deployed.

Please reinstall 2.0.10.31 on my modem.

Wow, @RogersDaveI'm having a similar issue, but I didn't consider that it might be firmware related:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Rogers-Hitron-CODA-4582-Hardware/m-p/404871#M48365.

azar1
I plan to stick around

Got .32 today and my ecobee stopped working again. I can't get it connected to the router, I've tried with DHCP and without, no success. 

Was working fine before. Anyone know a work around to this?

gp-se
I'm an advisor

@azar1 wrote:

Got .32 today and my ecobee stopped working again. I can't get it connected to the router, I've tried with DHCP and without, no success. 

Was working fine before. Anyone know a work around to this?

I set the DHCP lease time to the maximum, then power off the gateway and the ecobee. Power the Gateway back on then wait 5 minutes to power the eco bee back on. 

azar1
I plan to stick around

That seems to have made it work. Thanks.

georgic
I plan to stick around

Modem CODA, firmware 32.

Testing MoCA. MoCA has now firmware 20. Before was 11 and I could connect my adaptor but speeds was

very slow 5M. Adaptor was on and of. After installing PoE ( point of entrance) MoCA filter connection was stady

only speed to slow to watch movie from my NAS HD. Now in this new firmware (20) I got connection for few minutes, check speeds was good 11M, but I lost coax connection. Try reboot my adaptor- nothing,

try disable and enable MoCA in the modem -nothing only reboot CODA modem helped to get connection

for few minutes and again lost connection. I believe MoCA in the modem after few minutes frizzes up.   

RogersDave
Retired Support
Retired Support

Good morning Community,

Just want to start by saying I have not been on the forum much in the last 2 weeks, working a lot in the backend to try to bring you some improvements and addressing some critical issues (my real work). I have a huge backlog in private message and firmware trials registrations but I will work on that today.

I will also slowly start the upgrade process on CODA-4582 and CODA-4582U modems to the newest firmware released to me 2.0.10.33. This firmware introduces a major fix for customers loosing OFDM (I’ve pushed a test firmware to some of you). It also introduces an update to the IPv6 firewall which is meant to correct some issues where large packets were not handled properly (ICMPv6 Packet to big message was incorrectly discarded).

I am also expecting to receive a firmware for the CGN3 AC family of modems in the next couple of days. This will be firmware 4.5.8.36 and should include changes for devices disconnecting WiFi (usually fixed by a single factory reset) and the same IPv6 firewall change as the CODA.

As usual, I will post change logs in this post shortly.

--Dave

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

Thanks for the Update Dave! You can push .33 my way when you get a chance.

All CODA-4582 and CODA-4582U for participants of the firmware trial program have now been upgrade to firmware 2.0.10.33.

If you did not receive the update, please reach out to @CommunityHelps with your modem MAC address to ensure I have the latest information on file (especially if you swapped your modem).

As mentioned previously, this firmware includes a major fix for OFDM (DOCSIS 3.1) stability. Let me know how this works for you and what else needs to be addressed.

This feedback thread has been really quiet in the last couple of weeks so I take it that everybody is generally happy with no major outstanding items?

--Dave