FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

@RogersDave

So I am just going to come out and say this.

Is it worth while to recall the .31 firmware. The lag spikes are crazy. The wifi improvements are nothing to write home about. .27 was the best so far

Just my two cents worth

Mythen
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Mythen

@Mythen wrote:
@RogersDave

So I am just going to come out and say this.

Is it worth while to recall the .31 firmware. The lag spikes are crazy. The wifi improvements are nothing to write home about. .27 was the best so far

Just my two cents worth

Mythen

I agree that .27 was/is the best firmware released for the CODA. The latency has been the lowest on that firmware for me. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Same. Somewhat random reboots, mostly the last few days or so, and usually in the evening – .31 has been a bit erratic. Latency variable, wired upload speeds anywhere from 6 to 17 Mbps (should be at least 20). Thinking about factory reset back to .28T2
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDaveGetting lots of random reboots with .31.

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm on .31 for 15 days now, no reboots (15 days on) or any serous issues. USB port works with external hard drive 2.0. Speeds are not the greatest but it allows the drive to sleep when not in use. It works OK for what I need.

Network Architect
Network Architect

Hello Community,

Reading your feedback on firmware 2.0.10.31 is disappointing, I was really hopping to see improvement there.

As you have noticed, the current production firmware on the network is 2.0.10.28T2 which means that a factory reset will bring you back to this version.

It is important to rule out other problems (network) before backing off. It seems that for some of you (over 300 users have this firmware), it works fine but not for everybody. I'm therefore willing, as a first step to downgrade your modems to 2.0.10.27, at least for a few days (a factory reset will bring you to 2.0.10.28T2).

@OL1v3r, @dmbcanda@mES19@Mythen@gp-se and @pacerdjl, if you want a temporary downgrade, send me a PM and we'll take it from there.

Dave

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

ok...please downgrade me to 2.0.10.27.

Thanks 

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@RogersDave

I have the .31 firmware and my speeds have taken a nosedive and rarely go over 500 Mbps.  I was easily able to get over 800 Mbps before.

Has anyone else had issues with speed and could you check my node to see if it is an area issue again?

Thanks

Mahomed

I Plan to Stick Around

reverted Coda back to .27 on Aug 11.  Now my 250/20 is maxing out at 100 download and 20 upload with a 12 latency and 4 jitter.   Not what I was getting on .27 before and not even as good as .31 was giving me.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@hoopdogg wrote:

reverted Coda back to .27 on Aug 11.  Now my 250/20 is maxing out at 100 download and 20 upload with a 12 latency and 4 jitter.   Not what I was getting on .27 before and not even as good as .31 was giving me.

Is this test being done using wireless or an ethernet cable? Is the modem in bridge mode behind a third party router, or in gateway mode with devices connected directly to it?

Wireless testing won't give you accurate results, but if using an ethernet cable and only getting 100 then I would power off the gateway, change the ethernet cable to another port, then power the gateway back on. Try the test again and see if things improve. 

If the test was done using wireless then ensure you're using optimal settings:

2.4Ghz: 

wireless channel: 1,6, or 11

bandwith: 20mhz

security: WPA 2 AES

5Ghz:

wireless channel: 149 or higher

bandwith: 80mhz

security: WPA 2 AES

turn off upnp, and WPS Key.