Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

We are currently offering our users an exclusive opportunity to participate in an upcoming trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACR, CGN3AMR and CGN3ACSMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). For details of this program, please see this thread.

This thread will be used for feedback regarding the firmware.  We've invited @RogersSergio@RogersSyd & @RogersBob from our Networking team to participate in this thread.  Your feedback is very valuable and will be used to enhance the firmware before it is released publicly.

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

4,921 REPLIES 4,921

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

RyzenFX
I'm a reliable contributor
@lethalsniper
As long as you send him the PM with all of your modem's information (MAC Address) he will be able to upgrade the firmware.

I wouldn't switch back to the 3552 given that your area will have it's upload capacity increased. Once they service your area, you will be able to notice difference the CODA-4582 makes with ping and bufferbloat. As @RogersDave already mentioned, there will be no more improvements for the 3552 like the one we have seen in the 2.0.10.27 firmware for the CODA-4582; the ARM processor cannot handle it.

The CODA-4582 is as good as it gets for now in terms of gaming and hopefully you should be able to experience it soon once they service your area.

Hybrid_Noodle
I plan to stick around
Hey @RogersDave I am going to guess that any of the MOCA options will only ever be available if you are using the CODA as your router and not a 3rd party device?

This routing would be interesting to make work but just wondering if it is going to be a plan to allow this functionality across all configurations.

When is the upload increasing? And how is it going to help then because it's odd the cgnm3552 performance better then the coda when it comes to ping. I'm on ignite 250 what's the upload going up to why don't I see it on rogers website

st_brown
I've been here awhile

@RogersDave wrote:

@st_brown, in order to receive this firmware, you must first register to the firmware trial program. You can do so by sending a private message to @CommunityHelps including your modem MAC address and serial number (can both be found on a label on your modem).

Once you are registered, I will be happy to push the latest firmware to your modem.

Dave

Hi Dave

I registered with firmware program, if you still need testers feel free to push it to my modem

Steve

@lethalsniper wrote:
When is the upload increasing? And how is it going to help then because it's odd the cgnm3552 performance better then the coda when it comes to ping. I'm on ignite 250 what's the upload going up to why don't I see it on rogers website

250u upload is 20mb/s

250u doesn't show up anymore because its a grandfathered plan now, it has been replaced by 500u.

aube
I plan to stick around

Let's hope the Wifi connection problem will be resolved this time with the firmware 4.5.8.31. I'd be willing to test this one also.

You said the upload will increase in my area but I don't see any upload increase it's still 20upload I'm already getting that on ignite 250 .how come the removed ignite 250 but still have ignite 150

RyzenFX
I'm a reliable contributor
@lethalsniper I never mentioned anything about increasing upload speeds. You misread my statement above. I said that they will be increasing your node upload capacity, not upload speed. Take a look at what I said above and read it carefully...

We already know your node is congested, this is why you are getting high ping and jitter. This is primarily caused by high uplink usage. There's nothing else you can do- just wait untill they come in August to do the work they have mentioned.....

Any idea when there increasing my node upload capacity in my area ?

OL1v3r
I plan to stick around

@RogersDave

I'd like to try the new .30 firmware too for the Coda modem.  I've been on firmware 2.0.10.29 since Tuesday I think. Gaming wise, .29 is definitely an improvement over .27. Since the firmware was pushed, I've had only 2 disconnects while playing Heroes of the Storm, and the game recovers from disconnects much faster compared to .27.   

jjunge
I plan to stick around

@RogersDaveHey Dave - can you send .30 my way? I'd like to give it a go.

Thanks,

Jason

I've pushed firmware 4.5.8.31 to whoever requested it (some upgrades are still in progress). I am still accepting requests for this, probably all through next week.

On the CODA for firmware 2.0.10.30, I don't have it yet but I'm building a list with those of you who requested it and will push the firmware as soon as it comes (likely today).

Dave

aube
I plan to stick around

Well, still no wifi again with .31. I've tried unplugging, rebooting, soft reset, hard reset still no luck  to get my Wifi back even though it says it is on in the Hitron status and wireless menu. Both LED light for 2.4ghz and 5ghz on modem never turned on, only saw 2.4ghz blinked twice during modem reset and never came back on after. Can you please revert me back to .27 again. Thanks

@aube wrote:

Well, still no wifi again with .31. I've tried unplugging, rebooting, soft reset, hard reset still no luck  to get my Wifi back even though it says it is on in the Hitron status and wireless menu. Both LED light for 2.4ghz and 5ghz on modem never turned on, only saw 2.4ghz blinked twice during modem reset and never came back on after. Can you please revert me back to .27 again. Thanks

Rollback in progress. I also sent your feedback to Hitron.

mrq
I plan to stick around

CGN3 on 4.5.8.31. Smooth ride so far (19 hours). No wireless.

Don't see much difference from .30 though.

Interesting note, there is a new 'MoCa' tab on the status page.

It states :

MoCA Information

This menu displays general information of the device

Coax TX0
Coax RX0
Channel PlanMoCA Extended Band D
Link StatusDOWN
Network SecurityDisabled

I am getting latency - 19 , Jitter - 6 and almost full speed  out of 100/10 on http://speedcheck.rogers.com/en.html .

RogersDave
Retired Support
Retired Support

@mrq wrote:

CGN3 on 4.5.8.31. Smooth ride so far (19 hours). No wireless.

Do you mean "no wireless issue" or your wireless is not working?

Let me know if you want a rollback, I'll be on standby.

Dave

mrq
I plan to stick around

Sorry . I mean I don't use wireless on CGN3 and I don't want to use it .

I have N66U as my wireless AP.

.31 works just fine , no rollback needed for me.

Thank you.

blues_clues
I plan to stick around
@RogersDave I'm game for .30.

lethalsniper
I'm an enthusiast
So are you getting better ping/latency on .31 on the cgn modem or still too early to tell ?

hoopdogg
I plan to stick around

I'm game for 2.0.10.30 on the Coda also.

mrq
I plan to stick around

@lethalsniper wrote:
So are you getting better ping/latency on .31 on the cgn modem or still too early to tell ?

I guess this was a question to me.

Since 4.5.8.30 I see much better latency , compared to previous versions.

.30 and .31 are more or less the same, maybe .31 is a little bit better.

Wired connection ping results:

--- google.ca ping statistics ---
103 packets transmitted, 103 packets received, 0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max = 8.510/14.522/40.629 ms

So I think if you don't want to use wireless on CGN3  , .30 or .31 is a big improvement over the previous versions.