Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

We are currently offering our users an exclusive opportunity to participate in an upcoming trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACR, CGN3AMR and CGN3ACSMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). For details of this program, please see this thread.

This thread will be used for feedback regarding the firmware.  We've invited @RogersSergio@RogersSyd & @RogersBob from our Networking team to participate in this thread.  Your feedback is very valuable and will be used to enhance the firmware before it is released publicly.

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

4,921 REPLIES 4,921

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Aim_eYacht
I plan to stick around

Two more resets, within minutes of each other, one at 6:08pm the other at 6:12pm.

Aim_eYacht
I plan to stick around

pingplotter.png

Aim_eYacht
I plan to stick around
Red bars are disconnects.

Aim_eYacht
I plan to stick around

google-public-dns-a.google.com.png

Aim_eYacht
I plan to stick around

As you can see, this has essentially crippled my internet connection. Did a factory reset and there seems to be much more stability. I would suggest this to others having this same issue. 

Aim_eYacht
I plan to stick around
BTW Modem is in bridge mode.

HeWhoDies
I plan to stick around

@VivienM

It was tested on a high end gaming laptop.
It has a Killer 1435 802.11ac that is rated for 867 mbps.
We had no issues getting 330+ over wifi with the CGN3, on a 250 mbps plan.

RyzenFX
I'm a reliable contributor

@Aim_eYacht

Based from the PingPlotter graph, it shows that the packet loss is originating from your node (the second hop), however can you confirm that with me? It would be worth it to call the support line so they can run tests to verify if something is bottlenecking your connection. 

Aim_eYacht
I plan to stick around
@eddiethefunnyon wrote:

@Aim_eYacht

Based from the PingPlotter graph, it shows that the packet loss is originating from your node (the second hop), however can you confirm that with me? It would be worth it to call the support line so they can run tests to verify if something is bottlenecking your connection. 

2nd hop is modem-->gateway, if I'm not mistaken, ie. outside my network. 1st hop is network card-->router.

If my computer can't connect pass my router to the gateway it would show packet loss. However no stat on there is showing packet loss except the long red bars on the bottom graph.

Aim_eYacht
I plan to stick around
I blocked out the gateway address, normally that would be the ip address of the modem, in bridge mode the modem doesn't have an ip addr. That may be where the confusion lies.

Actually thats not the Gateway address, its the CMTS address.  For an IPV4 trace, the trace shows the internal LAN IP address at the top which is not accessible from the internet, followed by the CMTS address.  For an IPV6 address, the trace shows the modem's IPV6 IP address at the top followed by the CMTS.  That is why, for an IPV6 plot, you should delete all or a major portion of the top IP address.  

In this specific case, to see if there is an issue between the modem and the CMTS, click or double click on the second IP address to open another plot.  That will show the latency and packet losses between the modem and the CMTS.  To hide a plot, right click on the plot area and select "Hide"  Watching that CMTS IP address plot is really all that you have to do to monitor the modem to CMTS path, looking for any indications of a cabling or connector issue.  Anything beyond the CMTS, in this specific type of case is not worth looking at.  All it does is add to the confusion as you are mixing local cable issues with network issues, some of which may be well outside the Rogers network.  Keeping that in mind, you can actually copy the second ip address, pause ping plotter, paste in that address and restart the plot.  That will give  you a two hop plot, modem and CMTS.  Observed on a large scale, or large area on the monitor, you can watch that for recurring instances of packet loss.  Keep in mind that at the present time, there are ICMP packet losses with the CODA-4582 due to the firmware.  However, beyond a certain point, and its actually fairly minimal from what I've seen, further losses are due to a cabling or connector issue.  If that is the case, call tech support and ask the CSR to ping the modem from the CMTS or ping the CMTS from the modem, either one will do.  While you're watching with pingplotter, the CSR should see the same results in terms of packet loss.  You should be able to cue the CSR when it does occur.  At that point, you should be able to arrange a tech visit to correct the problem.  

One other check you can do is to ask the CSR to check the noise history to see if there is a problem with noise on your cable. 

Aim_eYacht
I plan to stick around
The modem was actually rebooting, so not just lost packets, all the lights went off while it restarted. Once the factory reset was complete, no more reboots. This tells me that some previous settings were being saved during the firmware update which was causing the reboots. I've run into this on many devices after a firmware update, sometimes even my phone. Anyway, once those settings were cleared with a factory reset, everything went back to normal. I was including the info so that in the future, people with the same issue may find the post and use it to help troubleshoot or other people may point to the post as reference.

What happens when you ping easo.ea.com are you having issues there ? If you don't mind I would like to compare mine to yours thanks.

RyzenFX

@lethalsniper wrote:
What happens when you ping easo.ea.com are you having issues there ? If you don't mind I would like to compare mine to yours thanks.

I have run some pings to easo.ea.com, however there aren't any issues based off of my ping plotter graph. Everything looks good, however the ping is a bit high (94ms). 

VVaz911
I've been around

New firmware got few days ago. Everything works perfectly. It was a problem casting via the Crome cast. Now all my devices see the icon. So the new firmware (.27) fixed it. Thank you, VV

I'm noticing that the internet is crashing (ip drops on the modem) at least once daily. This seems to have started happening in the last couple weeks. I'm on .27 

When I look at my stats all of my downstream options have a S-N ration under 32 .. which isn't good. Not sure if this is the cause or not. 

@RogersDave    just running some test on pingplotter with the coda because exp nothing but lag and high latency when gaming

noticing high latency on hop 2-3 and packet loss on hop1, all test done wired ! was getting better latency on cgn3acsmr when pinging 192.168.0.1 , why do i keep on getting packet loss on hop 1 when i ping easo.ea.com, google.com and getting high latency on hop 2easo.ea.com23.pnghitronhub.home.png

www.google.com2.png

mES19
I plan to stick around

Still awaiting .27 @RogersDave

RyzenFX

@mES19 wrote:

Still awaiting .27 @RogersDave

Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps with the title "Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial". In the private message, please include your modem's MAC address, and request specifically version 4.5.8.27 for your CGN3ACSMR.

Thanks. Which modem do you have ? Don't get how I'm getting packet loss and some are not. I had the acsmr same thing and now the coda

dmbcanda
I plan to stick around

Horrible speeds the last few nights, high ping and latency.   Directly connected via Cat6 and in Gateway mode (Gigabit Plan)
CODA-4582  Hardware version 1A and firmware 2.0.10.20.   

Jan26-CODA4582.JPG