cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

 

We are currently offering our users an exclusive opportunity to participate in an upcoming trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACR, CGN3AMR and CGN3ACSMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). For details of this program, please see this thread.

 

This thread will be used for feedback regarding the firmware.  We've invited @RogersSergio@RogersSyd & @RogersBob from our Networking team to participate in this thread.  Your feedback is very valuable and will be used to enhance the firmware before it is released publicly.

 

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

4,906 REPLIES 4,906

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Coccino
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDave 

 

I've yet to hit over 100Mbps since the modem upgrade. I did a speed test just now and got 51.13/17.83Mbps with a latency of 11ms and jitter of 8ms.

 

I've never gotten over 600Mbps on my line before but this is definitely much, much worse. 😞

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Jeffj
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDave Bridge mode, same computer with multiple NICs I disable one do the test disable the other do the test. I dont have it connected liek that now. I have my Archer C7 connected for my routing now, i reverted back to my typical setup after i concluded tests. 

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial


@dmbcanda wrote:

@RogersDave  

 

Just did a speedtest with the Coda-4582 in Gateway mode hardwired via ethernet with Wifi enabled and disabled and saw drastic results for myself:

 

Wifi OFF: (761 Mbps)

 

Wifi ON: 390 Mbps

 

I will next do a test in Bridged mode to see if that makes any futher difference.   But to me it looks like the CODA does not have enough juice to run.



Thanks @dmbcanda, this is great insight.

 

Is it a one off test or it is repeatable for you? If you were to try this test again now, what would the results look like?

 

Dave

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial


@Coccino wrote:

@RogersDave 

 

I've yet to hit over 100Mbps since the modem upgrade. I did a speed test just now and got 51.13/17.83Mbps with a latency of 11ms and jitter of 8ms.

 

I've never gotten over 600Mbps on my line before but this is definitely much, much worse. 😞


Thanks @Coccino. I will send you a private message with additional questions.

 

Can you confirm what color are the 2 LEDs in front the modem just below the power light? They can be green, blue or purple.

 

Dave

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Coccino
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Dave! The LEDs are both blue. Please note that I am on a wired desktop when getting these speeds. My wireless speeds are pretty bad too but don't mind that right now.

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial


@Jeffj wrote:

@RogersDave Bridge mode, same computer with multiple NICs I disable one do the test disable the other do the test. I dont have it connected liek that now. I have my Archer C7 connected for my routing now, i reverted back to my typical setup after i concluded tests. 


To understand what is happening, would you be able to replicate the test by using a single NIC?

 

1) Disconnect all Ethernet cables from modem

2) Remove power from modem for 10 seconds and put it back

3) Wait until lights have stabilized (2 blue lights in front of modem)

4) Plug NIC into port 1

5) Perform speedtest on http://speedcheck.rogers.com/en.html

-------

6) Disconnect all Ethernet cables from modem

7) Remove power from modem for 10 seconds and put it back

😎 Wait until lights have stabilized (2 blue lights in front of modem)

9) Plug NIC into port 4

10) Perform speedtest on http://speedcheck.rogers.com/en.html

 

Thanks

 

Dave

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

MarceloD
I've Been Around

Hi Dave. 

 

Read  most posts just wanted to add my bit. Old modem I would get 900mbit/s download and 42mbit/s upload. Now with the new gigabit modem(CODA-4582) can't even get 1 mbit/s download(embarassing) and 16mbit/s upload.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5888565876

 

I see this is an ongoing issue but i think these things should be tested before releasing the new modems.

 

Thanks

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Jeffj
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDave wrote:

@Jeffj wrote:

@RogersDave Bridge mode, same computer with multiple NICs I disable one do the test disable the other do the test. I dont have it connected liek that now. I have my Archer C7 connected for my routing now, i reverted back to my typical setup after i concluded tests. 


To understand what is happening, would you be able to replicate the test by using a single NIC?

 

1) Disconnect all Ethernet cables from modem

2) Remove power from modem for 10 seconds and put it back

3) Wait until lights have stabilized (2 blue lights in front of modem)

4) Plug NIC into port 1

5) Perform speedtest on http://speedcheck.rogers.com/en.html

-------

6) Disconnect all Ethernet cables from modem

7) Remove power from modem for 10 seconds and put it back

😎 Wait until lights have stabilized (2 blue lights in front of modem)

9) Plug NIC into port 4

10) Perform speedtest on http://speedcheck.rogers.com/en.html

 

Thanks

 

Dave


@RogersDave 

Sure i will do s o when i get home around 2pm EST I am at work for the morning. 

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

dmbcanda
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDave

 

So I tried to get into Bridge mode and would not work.  So did a factory reset and did the tests again and this is what I am getting:

 

WIFI ON:

Code-4582 12.17.16.WifiONNoon.JPG

WIFI OFF:

 

Code-4582 12.17.16.WifiOFFNoon.JPG
TURNED WIFI BACK ON AGAIN:

 

Code-4582 12.17.16.WifiONNoon2.JPG

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

@RogersDave now with this new modem out when is the new .28 firmware going to be released for the other modems ? And Also u said new 28 firmware would also fix latency issues

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial


@MarceloD wrote:

Hi Dave. 

 

Read  most posts just wanted to add my bit. Old modem I would get 900mbit/s download and 42mbit/s upload. Now with the new gigabit modem(CODA-4582) can't even get 1 mbit/s download(embarassing) and 16mbit/s upload.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5888565876

 

I see this is an ongoing issue but i think these things should be tested before releasing the new modems.

 

Thanks


Hi @MarceloD,

 

I'm sorry that you are experiencing this issue. I'd like to run a few tests with your modem and possibly try a different firmware version. Would you be able to send me a private message with your modem MAC address (that you can find on a sticker being your modem).

 

Also, if you reboot your modem (remove the power for 10 seconds and put it back), are your speeds any better?

 

Thanks

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Killacammy
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersDave did you happen to find anything irregular with my modem at all?  rogers is telling me to switch the modem back for the old one.

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Jeffj
I Plan to Stick Around


@RogersDave I ran the test agaon today. as you asked. No difference in speeds 329.xx down and 21.xx up both times on both ports. Chalk it up to weirdness yesterday i suppose or a flaw in my testing process. 

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Alex4161
I'm a Reliable Contributor
@RogersDave, Can you please add me to the new firmware trail for the CODA modem as I would like to help you out.

Thanks

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

jalalinator
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

 

@RogersDave I just installed the CODA-4582 and my speeds are significantly below what I should be getting with the Gigabit offerings [1]. 

 

[1] http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest/7504639

 

I am available for testing right now.

 

 

On speedtest.net

 

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5889516070

 

Just spoke to a phone rep and she told me to take my wired speedtest result and add it to the result of a wireless speedtest..... I literally couldn't believe it.

 

Untitled.png

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

andrew8
I'm Here A Lot

I'm currently running the trial firmware 4.5.8.27 for CGN3ACR... Starting Dec 9 @ 13:00 EDT my upload speeds sharply fell from between 15-20 mbps regularly, down to 1-8 mbps regularly.

 

 

I'm also seeing regular dropped packets when running an ongoing ping to a reliable server (8.8.8.8), as well the odd request takes an exorbitant amount of time (>500ms).

 

I have had no configuration changes on my end in terms of wiring, or otherwise. Rogers techs that have come out have been no help other than telling me they think Rogers downgraded my plan...

 

Help? @RogersDave

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

reeets
I'm Here A Lot

@RogersDave I was on the beta firmware test for the 3552 modem and was wondering if you can confirm I am still on the list. Just got the 4582 modem and am willing to test firmware for that.

 

Can confirm the 5G wifi on my 4582 is basically useless. Can rarely connect and when it does, it can't get an IP address. This isn't a major issue for me since I use an R7000 router for wifi but it would be neat if the Rogers wifi was solid.

 

I have also seen a slight increase in speeds since getting the new modem. My server pc was getting around 750-775mb down consistantly and am now seeing 850-875mb down consistantly. My area is not Docsis 3.1 yet either, can't wait to see what happens when it goes Docsis 3.1. I tried my speed tests with wifi enabled and disabled on the 4582, they all came back the same so that had no affect on speeds.

I'll continue to monitor speeds to see if anything changes, it is still only hours since I installed it.

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

reeets
I'm Here A Lot

@Max24 What tool are you using in this post to run your tests. Would love to get that going on my server to monitor things (if this is software and not a router firmware thing).

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

@andrew8 there is a problem with IPV4 ICMP with the CODA-4582.  That would account for the ping issues that you are seeing.  Dave is already discussing this with Hitron. 



Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial


@Datalink wrote:

@andrew8 there is a problem with IPV4 ICMP with the CODA-4582.  That would account for the ping issues that you are seeing.  Dave is already discussing this with Hitron. 

 

I'm not on the CODA-4582, but the CGN3ACR.. Would this still affect me? Like my initial post says, these issues only started very recently after no configuration changes on my end.

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

longhau
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello @RogersDave

 

I received my CODA-4582 on Friday (colleague who signed up at the same time as me got an email from Rogers asking to come in and upgrade our modems). 

 

Since installing Friday evening my download speeds started ranging between 10-15Mbps for the first 24 hours. After trying different cables, testing between switches and straight to the modem I eliminated this being an issue on my end (everything is the same on my end switch/cable wise). Like others, I too was able to get around 850-900Mbps prior to returning my modem.

 

Current Results: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5891442846

- Disabled both 2.5 and 5Ghz wireless.

 

 

rogers.JPG

 

I am willing to share my MAC address and take part in testing any new firmware that may be available.

 

Any help would be apprecited. I called into TS and I feel the rep was not aware of this existing issue. Decided to come on here and post to help out the cause.