FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

Thanks. Private message sent.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks blues_clues - brilliant advice about avoiding the cursed 192.168.0.2 IP address - My server address was set to static IP 192.168.0.2 and I have been getting flakely connection since the summer - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.   I took your advice and changed it's static IP to 192.168.0.3 on Wednesday and connectivity has been perfect ever since.    It's a real shame that Rogers can have a serious issue like having some hidden impact on a single IP address like 192.168.0.2 and not disclose it in a very public way.  Is there any active investigation about the 1192.168.0.2 Ghost Network Issue?

I'd estimate that I've wasted more than 10 hours over the past couple of months trying to figure out why the connection was intermittent - if Rogers had just been forthright with known issues like whatever the heck they are doing with 192.168.0.2 then they could save their users from many many wasted hours - very frustrating.  Rogers - communicate better please.

Thanks for solving a major issue.   Having said that, the server still doesn't show up in the Connected Devices table on the Hitron, even through it is clearly on-line and every other IP scanner I have can see it just fine.   There is something wrong with Roger/Hotron connected devices summary. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Am in bridge mode with my own router and I don't always get my full upload speed. It fluctuates since the .27. In short, this issue is not just for those in gateway.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

How do I know if the upgrade have been completed and when I need to reset the modem? Will the version number change automatically? I am not  clos eto the modem and wouldn't be able to notice through lights.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You would have to log into the modem and check the Software Version (firmware) that is shown on the STATUS page.  That page comes up automatically when you log into the modem.  Type in 192.168.0.1 in a web browser address bar to get to the login page, no http, or www, just the numbers. 

If you are around when it updates, the front LEDs will go out.  Don't panic.  Just let it run so that it completes the update.  It will eventually reboot back into Gateway or Bridge mode, as it is at the moment.  

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Is there any reason to limit things to 3 upstream channels? It was 4 a few years ago.

I think I'm being hit by connection in my area as I NEVER go about 35 mbps (often times it's ~25-30)
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@noziel wrote:
Thanks Dave

In my case, that am in bridge mode on ignite 100. Do you recommend I hold off from resetting the modem until you have more info in two weeks time? Also those that are not experiencing the issues would be nice to know there modem hardware version. I believe there is A1 and B1 for the ACSMR.

Hitron hardware revision.PNG

I'm not experiencing slow uploads and that is my hardware version above.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the info, my hardware version is 1A.  Now it's best for Dave to determine what is the major differences between 1A and 2A.  Also determine if the other trail users that are experiencing the upload issues are those on the 1A version. If so, perhaps this can explain why some and not others experience this problem with .27.     

Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

I have the 1a and 27 with upload issue
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I've been on Gigabit for about two months now, uploads are usually around 30-35mb/s. However the past two weeks it has been very slow (9-20mb/s) but this weekend I noticed it back up to 30-35mb/s. Nothing has changed on my end, so maybe they fixed something with the Node I connect to. I just hope it stays fast and is not some intermittent issue in my neighbourhood.
Download speeds haven't been an issue, my modem is in Gateway Mode.