Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

We are currently offering our users an exclusive opportunity to participate in an upcoming trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACR, CGN3AMR and CGN3ACSMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). For details of this program, please see this thread.

This thread will be used for feedback regarding the firmware.  We've invited @RogersSergio@RogersSyd & @RogersBob from our Networking team to participate in this thread.  Your feedback is very valuable and will be used to enhance the firmware before it is released publicly.

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

4,921 REPLIES 4,921

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

qdu1128
I've been here awhile

hi,

After installing the software on my mac, it asks for registration license.

how do I obtain one?

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

Hey,

It's been a few weeks and I was wondering if any progress was made with Latency issues/CASA CMTS.

MichaelGoi
I've been around

IT professional here! Can't believe how difficult this process was (n).

I was even told it would be pushed to my router in 24-78 hours, and that was 4 days ago.  Asking people to go into a forum, locate a "women", then send 4-5 messages back exchanging information - is BACKWARDS.

You could make this process a lot more easier and a lot more time consuming.

If you actually read these things - my update still hasn't arrived.

Hello @MichaelGoi,

Thank you for getting back to us.  I've reviewed your submission, according to our records, the information you provided did not match our files.  However, I've gone ahead and corrected it for you and re-submitted your request.

Cheers,

RogersCilio

mozerd
I plan to stick around

A number of observations for  morning of August 26 2016 [9 AM]

1.. In Bridge Mode this morning I can no longer access 192.168.100.1

2.. I initiated a hard reset and after 5 minutes I was in Gateway mode and the standard setup screen

3.. In gateway mode the gateway received a ipv6 address BUT i was not able to pass any ipv6 test regardless of which test site I used.

4.  I placed the gateway in Bridge mode and after 7 minutes my Router picked up its IPv6 addresses but I was still not able to pass any ipv6 tests

5. in Bridge mode I was still not able to access 192.168.100.1

I hope that access to the Hitron Admin GUI via 192.168.100.1 and ipv6 will be restored soon. I have not been able to pass any ipv6 test since August 11, 2016 with a very small exception that occured on August 22 at 9:55 AM but subsequently another test failed at 10:05 AM.

David Mozer
IT-Expert on Call

mozerd
I plan to stick around

@mozerd wrote:

A number of observations for  morning of August 26 2016 [9 AM]

1.. In Bridge Mode this morning I can no longer access 192.168.100.1

5. in Bridge mode I was still not able to access 192.168.100.1

I can access the Hitron GUI Admin page at 192.168.100.1 ..... I changed one of my firewall rules that locked me out and I forgot about that change... OOPS sorry about that.

David Mozer
IT-Expert on Call

mansa_noob
I've been here awhile

This may or may not be related. Since I am on the trial (22T) I figure should mention. 

Also if it is a known thing, keep in mind that my handle has the word noob in it Smiley Wink.

Doing a wifi scan using android app, I see a network without SSID that tracks mine like a ghost. It has the same mac address as my modem wifi except the last hex (2 characters), which is different. It only shows up on 2.4G which I have to keep enabled due to legacy devices. 

No ghost is seen on 5G. On 2.4G, the height (signal strenght) of the ghost is similar (not always the same). I started to investigate due to speed issues. 

Guest mode is disabled. No other devices in my house are serving WiFi or in WiFi direct mode. Given that the mac is same for 5/6 of the address pairs, I suspect it is my own modem that is doing this.

So if mine is: 01:02:03:04:05:08

Ghost is: 01:02:03:04:05:0a

Or maybe someone is spying??? But the device would have to be in the house to get the same SNR. 

Ideas?

@mansa_noob, yup, that problem has been reported to the engineering staff.  I haven't heard anything back on it yet.

mansa_noob
I've been here awhile
Thank you very much for a quick reply. I will put away my tin foil hat :D.

Tin foil hats are very fashionable these days !!  🙂

JayEff
I plan to stick around

Well, after a run of 2 days with uninterrupted internet (after upgrading to firmware .21 and doing a factory reset), the LAN port on the back of my hitron modem / router is turning off and not coming back on again.

What is the next step in diagnosing what's going on?  

mansa_noob
I've been here awhile

I am assuming you have done the basic drill (change port, power cycle, etc.). Please confirm. 

@JayEff, can you:

1.  Log into the modem and confirm that you have two IP addresses showing on the STATUS page in the upper right hand WAN IP ADDRESS fields.  You should have one IPV4 address followed by a much longer IPV6 address.  I don't want to know the address, just if you have both present.  If both are present, can you run a connectivity test at:  ipv6-test.com.  Please let me know what the pass / fail number is.  It will show in the upper right hand corner as come number out of 20.

2.  Navigate to the STATUS .... DOCSIS WAN page, copy the Downstream and Upstream tables and paste them into the thread.  The copy and paste process will paste in the text component of the tables, so you don't have to use a screen capture and post that.  The copy and paste keep this fairly simple.  I'd like to see the signal levels and signal to noise ratios, just to know where their at.

3.  You indicated something interesting in a previous post: that looking at the back of the modem, the LAN port LED dies and doesn't flash green.  I believe you have a CGN3AMR if I remember this correctly.  With your router and every other CGN3 variation, that modem port LED would or should be flashing amber in colour, indicating that the modem to router connection is running at 1 Gb/s.  Green would indicate a 10/100 Mb/s connection.  Unless Hitron has finally changed the LED colours for this particular model, the modem port LED should be flashing amber.  If not, that would tell you that:

1.  there is an issue with either the modem or router port;  or

2.  the ethenet cable is not connecting properly at either end;  or

3.  the ethernet cable does not support 1 Gb/s data rates;  or

4.  there is a problem with the cable.  Perhaps it has been damaged in some fashion and as a result the ports negotiate to a lower data rate in order to connect:  or

5.  the TP-Link router is set to operate the WAN port at 10/100 Mb/s which would be rather strange. 

If it is the case that the port LED is green, try this:  connect a pc or laptop directly to another port on the modem and watch for the modem port LED to indicate traffic between the modem and pc / laptop.  If the pc / laptop has a gigabit port on it, the modem LED port should flash amber in colour.  You don't have to wait for the modem to assign a 2nd IP address to the pc/laptop.  After a few seconds you can disconnect the two as all that you checking for is the port LED colour on the modem. 

If you did wait and the pc/laptop picks up the IP address, navigate to Start .... Control Panel .... Network and Sharing Center.  Select the Ethernet link in the middle of the right hand side to bring up the Ethernet Status panel.  The speed that is shown on the panel is the port to port connection rate which should show 1 Gb/s.

brianbland
I plan to stick around
I do not have the know how to be able to do what you are requesting me to do. I am not a technology expert, I am just an end user. Sorry about that
Brian Blanf

Silence
I plan to stick around

I'm currently on the gigabit plan although I get about half the speeds I'm suppose to (530-565 mbps download and about 32 mbps upload) using the CGNM-3552 router/modem and I've been randomly discounnected twice now in the span of an hour. It's quite frustrating being in the middle of business or just enjoying some leisure downtime just to have the internet go out on you each hour. I screen cap the DOCSIS WAN Event hopping someone can explain what's going on. Also I'm using the latest firmware as well 4.5.8.22rogers.png

Had severe issues with my upload and download speeds despite being on a 100u plan. This firmware update resolved all my speed issues, and now has even surpassed my actual internet speed - nearly doubling it.

ngoal
I've been here awhile
Signed up for the trial. Chromecast worked for a day and thank stopped working on all my devices. Checked firmware version and found it is on
4.5.8.21. How do I get it to 4.5.8.22?

brianbland
I plan to stick around
You can only report it and request they upgrade again. Mine was upgraded to 21 yesterday, it didn't work with Chromecast so I called tekxpert and the technician fixed it in 30 seconds. It appears that a previous technician had been trouble shooting the modem with software that was interfering with finding the DEVICE, it was removed and the problem was fixed. My Chromecast is working at this time but if there is a further modification to the firmware maybe my problem will come back again. It's a real pain. Hope they fix yours soon. Request the upgrade on this media.

JayEff
I plan to stick around

Thanks @Datalink!  Really really appreciate the help you've given me and everyone else ^_^

As for your queries, here goes:

@Datalink wrote:

@JayEff, can you:

1.  Log into the modem and confirm that you have two IP addresses showing on the STATUS page in the upper right hand WAN IP ADDRESS fields.  You should have one IPV4 address followed by a much longer IPV6 address.  I don't want to know the address, just if you have both present.  If both are present, can you run a connectivity test at:  ipv6-test.com.  Please let me know what the pass / fail number is.  It will show in the upper right hand corner as come number out of 20.

-> (FYI that I'm in Bridge mode) I have: WAN IP Address = none, none.

2.  Navigate to the STATUS .... DOCSIS WAN page, copy the Downstream and Upstream tables and paste them into the thread.  The copy and paste process will paste in the text component of the tables, so you don't have to use a screen capture and post that.  The copy and paste keep this fairly simple.  I'd like to see the signal levels and signal to noise ratios, just to know where their at.

Downstream Overview

Port ID     Frequency (MHz)     Modulation     Signal strength (dBmV)     Channel ID     Signal noise ratio (dB)
1    609000000     256QAM     -5.400    34    35.780
2    363000000     256QAM     -7.900    10    35.595
3    369000000     256QAM     -7.700    11    35.595
4    375000000     256QAM     -6.800    12    36.387
5    381000000     256QAM     -6.800    13    36.387
6    387000000     256QAM     -7.600    14    35.780
7    393000000     256QAM     -6.700    15    36.610
8    399000000     256QAM     -6.400    16    36.387
9    405000000     256QAM     -6.000    17    36.387
10    411000000     256QAM     -5.900    18    36.610
11    417000000     256QAM     -6.000    19    36.387
12    423000000     256QAM     -6.200    20    35.780
13    429000000     256QAM     -6.300    21    35.780
14    435000000     256QAM     -6.800    22    35.780
15    441000000     256QAM     -6.400    23    35.780
16    447000000     256QAM     -6.800    24    35.780
17    555000000     256QAM     -6.900    25    35.780
18    561000000     256QAM     -6.200    26    35.780
19    567000000     256QAM     -6.200    27    35.595
20    573000000     256QAM     -5.900    28    35.780
21    603000000     256QAM     -5.000    33    35.780
22    357000000     256QAM     -8.300    9    35.780
23    615000000     256QAM     -5.300    35    35.780
24    621000000     256QAM     -5.500    36    35.780
Upstream Overview
Port ID     Frequency (MHz)     Modulation     Signal strength (dBmV)     Channel ID     BandWidth
1    23700000    ATDMA - 64QAM    43.250     2     6400000
2    38596000    ATDMA - 64QAM    44.750     3     3200000
3    30596000    ATDMA - 64QAM    43.750     1     6400000

3.  You indicated something interesting in a previous post: that looking at the back of the modem, the LAN port LED dies and doesn't flash green.  I believe you have a CGN3AMR if I remember this correctly.  With your router and every other CGN3 variation, that modem port LED would or should be flashing amber in colour, indicating that the modem to router connection is running at 1 Gb/s.  Green would indicate a 10/100 Mb/s connection.  Unless Hitron has finally changed the LED colours for this particular model, the modem port LED should be flashing amber.  If not, that would tell you that:

1.  there is an issue with either the modem or router port;  or

2.  the ethenet cable is not connecting properly at either end;  or

3.  the ethernet cable does not support 1 Gb/s data rates;  or

4.  there is a problem with the cable.  Perhaps it has been damaged in some fashion and as a result the ports negotiate to a lower data rate in order to connect:  or

5.  the TP-Link router is set to operate the WAN port at 10/100 Mb/s which would be rather strange. 

If it is the case that the port LED is green, try this:  connect a pc or laptop directly to another port on the modem and watch for the modem port LED to indicate traffic between the modem and pc / laptop.  If the pc / laptop has a gigabit port on it, the modem LED port should flash amber in colour.  You don't have to wait for the modem to assign a 2nd IP address to the pc/laptop.  After a few seconds you can disconnect the two as all that you checking for is the port LED colour on the modem. 

If you did wait and the pc/laptop picks up the IP address, navigate to Start .... Control Panel .... Network and Sharing Center.  Select the Ethernet link in the middle of the right hand side to bring up the Ethernet Status panel.  The speed that is shown on the panel is the port to port connection rate which should show 1 Gb/s.

-> The light is actually orange. I likely didn't pay enough attention when I mentionned that in my first post. Apologies for that.

ngoal
I've been here awhile
Thanks Brian. I'll give them a call. It's really annoying that this is happening. Especially considering the Chromecast is.one of the few.devices you can run shomi on

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ngoal, have a look at message # 471 (top post) on the following page for instructions on requesting the trial version, 4.5.8.22.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/348...