Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello Community,

We are currently offering our users an exclusive opportunity to participate in an upcoming trial of the new firmware for our Rocket Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3ACR, CGN3AMR and CGN3ACSMR) and Rocket Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem (CGN3552 and CODA-4582). For details of this program, please see this thread.

This thread will be used for feedback regarding the firmware.  We've invited @RogersSergio@RogersSyd & @RogersBob from our Networking team to participate in this thread.  Your feedback is very valuable and will be used to enhance the firmware before it is released publicly.

Thank you for your continued feedback and support.

4,921 REPLIES 4,921

Re: FEEDBACK - Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial

noziel
I plan to stick around
Thanks for the update and insight with the easy connect

sakibulhasan
I've been here awhile

My rocket router is causing prblem with Chromecast. Need help ungently !!!

RyzenFX
I'm a reliable contributor

^

Send a PM (Private Message) to @CommunityHelps titled Rogers Rocket Wi-Fi Modem Firmware Trial” and they will assist you from there. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note:

• I do hope that Rogers fixes the latency problems that we've been experiencing in IPv6 with a new update to the 4.5.8.22 trial firmware? These latency problems are most notable in games.
  • It would be helpful if the final version of 4.5.8.22 included many of the fixes on the issues that @RogersDave noted on & possibly some of the noted enhancements too.
  • Overall, 4.5.8.22 should fix many of the problems that we've been experincing, especially the latency and Chromecast problems

rooker
I've been here awhile

I fixed the issues with the speed limiting to 300 mbps which turns out was the router after all.  But I am noticing very spikey ping times and jitter on the CGNM-3552.

I noticed theres a thread updating from thursday on this issue. http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/thread-id/3358...

Is there any firmware to be released to fix this?

What did you do to fix the data rate limitation with the router?  Just curious.  As for the ping spikes and jitter, I can't speak for the engineering staff, but, at some point there will be some update, the question is, will that update be for the CMTS, modem or both?  I don't believe that the issue has been pinpointed yet, although I could be wrong. As far as I know, the engineering staff are aware of this and are actively looking into it, but, its early days at this point.  

prosko
I've been around
Thank you for your help....my issue is now solved

alanlam929
I've been around

After the firmware upgrade, the all of my devices can see and use the chromecast just like before. 

However, not sure if this is related to the upgrade or not, i am seeing my cell phone losing wifi connections from time to time for a 2-5 second period. 

SlavaJ
I've been here awhile

Hi, it's been 2 weeks since this post and yet my modem still shows 4.5.8.21

mattstus
I've been here awhile

how will i know when my firmware has been updated.

just said it would be pushed in the next 48/72 hrs.

will i get a notice or something?

NorthGraves
I plan to stick around

Just to share with those using Gigabit service, what I did to rule out mediocre cables not allowing the hardware realize its full potential (speed), was replacing cat 5e cables between 1) the switch and the router and 2) the router and the cable modem with two cat 7 cables.

So far so good. Also, they look and feel great, very sturdy and high quality.
$6 something CAD for both all in delivered to my mailbox.

$_57.JPG

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/172038006172 or use any other seller, they all sell the same wires.

FWIW, cat 7 is certified to 10 Gb speeds, if I remember correctly.

@mattstus you might see the front LEDs on the modem go dark, indicating that a firmware installation is taking place.  Just let it run.  It will update and then reboot.  If you log into the modem and look at the Software Version (Firmware), you might see V4.5.8.20 or .21 loaded if you have a CGN3ACSMR, as indicated by the product sticker at the back of the modem.  After the firmware update, you will see V4.5.8.22

Freegithub
I'm here a lot

I don't know if this is a coincidence, but since upgrading to the new firmware (first .21, and continuing with .22), my upload speeds are much lower than expected. On Gigabit, and no issue hitting 600+D (that is a limitation of hardware and my pfSense router, so that's expected - higher if testing direct). However, I'm hitting 7-10U. Previously when on .19, I was consistently 35-45U

Is this a coincidence or something related to the modem's firmware?

Hello Community,

As part of this trial program, one of the issue that was resolved with firmware 4.5.8.21 was related to the modem LAN port going down in case of a RF/signal outage. Although this problem was resolved in the modem firmware, we are still investigating if there is an underlying network issue that needs to be addressed.

I am reaching out the participants of this trial looking for specific examples of the following:

• DOCSIS event logs contains entries “Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out”
  • Internet goes down for a couple of minutes at least once a day
  • Prior to the modem upgrade, Internet was going down multiple times per day, requiring a modem reboot

If any of these situations applies to you, would you mind sending a private message @RogersDave with some details of what you are experiencing.

Our network performance team will then perform further investigation.

Thanks

Dave

After using the trial firmware for five days, it appears that the need to reboot the modem daily has gone.

I also noticed the DOCSIS event logs contains entries “Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out”.

@aaaaaaaaaa wrote:

After using the trial firmware for five days, it appears that the need to reboot the modem daily has gone.

I also noticed the DOCSIS event logs contains entries “Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out”.

Thanks aaaaaaaaaa.

I pulled your modem logs and added you to the list of modems to monitor more closely.

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor
14 07/04/16 02:14:28 82000400 critical Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out I get this error in my events. I am on .22 firmware, will msg Dave

kolcun
I've been around

The updated firmware is running great for me so far.  My core issue was lan disconnects - sometimes multiple times per day.  

I haven't have a single lan disconnect since the new firmware.

thanks

mcgrady01
I've been here awhile

Have had the updated firmware for over a week now and it has been great, no more disconnects from the LAN.

Keeping my fingers crossed this keep up as I did not enjoy rebooting my modem multiple times a day.

AppleJacks
I've been around

I would like the update to be sent to me.  I am having difficulty with Chromecast

dayes
I've been here awhile

Please have the latest firmware pushed to my modem.  I have not yet received it.  Thanks.

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@dayes, please see message #63 in the following thread for instructions on requesting the trial version:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/message-id/342...

Scroll up to message #63.